• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

DeletedUser32348

while the Mead Hall is extremely efficient, it should never be used as it is the last building to be unlocked, thus leaving the player with only the last few quests to complete.
i got a doubt what did u mean by this statement?
i thought once Market and Wool is unlocked, we get to work and gather as many goods as we can to finish the settlement
then unlock OLD WILLOW (in 8hrs) then place MEAD HALL (build and sell it). Put 4 goods and u're done.
isn't it right way to do it?

UBERhelp1

i got a doubt what did u mean by this statement?
i thought once Market and Wool is unlocked, we get to work and gather as many goods as we can to finish the settlement
then unlock OLD WILLOW (in 8hrs) then place MEAD HALL (build and sell it). Put 4 goods and u're done.
isn't it right way to do it?
The Mead Hall should never become a permanent fixture in the settlement. Since it's the last thing to unlock, you just build/delete. Basically, you just waste time if you actually use it.

So yes, just using willows and 4 goods is pretty much the way to do it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29726

Honestly even old willow is not necessary. Filling the area with clan totems (1hr) as the final good cycle runs is enough. I typically don't have enough diplomacy to even unlock old willow until that last push of diplomacy with 50 clan totems going up (3-4 goods buildings and 3 huts up at the time). Then sell goods buildings to make space to build and sell a clan house, a willow, and a mead hall. then rebuild 4 goods buildings and done.

- KQ -

Honestly even old willow is not necessary. Filling the area with clan totems (1hr) as the final good cycle runs is enough. I typically don't have enough diplomacy to even unlock old willow until that last push of diplomacy with 50 clan totems going up (3-4 goods buildings and 3 huts up at the time). Then sell goods buildings to make space to build and sell a clan house, a willow, and a mead hall. then rebuild 4 goods buildings and done.

My strategy as well.

Kesto11

The process posted by NICOMARX59 is exactly what I have done for several settlements. I wrote a longer guide months ago for my guildmates, but his wording is much better than mine haha. I finished my 12th settlement in just under 8 days, and have been consistently between 8-9 days ever since the 2nd or 3rd settlement using this method.

UBERhelp1

Small update. Changed a few things in the FAQ, and linked to the post that RoyalAdnan wrote that contains Nicomarx59's short but sweet guide.

I'm waiting impatiently until the next settlement comes out so that not all my screenshots are of vikings :p

UBERhelp1

I'm working on an update with these new changes. If anyone has the last quest please tell me.

Sorry for the delay but I'm really pressed for time right now.

DeletedUser37581

I'm working on an update with these new changes. If anyone has the last quest please tell me.

Sorry for the delay but I'm really pressed for time right now.
index.php

DeletedUser32348

i guess It just got harder to complete, wiki says
Quest 20 - "Gather 10 of each goods + 2500 coins"
upload_2019-6-12_20-53-29.png

would take 8+hrs to complete the last quest now.

UBERhelp1

Alright, I should have fixed most errors in this guide that the update caused. If anyone spots any that I missed, please post a message pointing it out.

As it was mostly changing some stuff, there is no real changelog for this.

Almost finished with a "bonus" update elaborating on certain aspects. It will be released with the Japanese settlement update (I want to make sure it works with that update).

UBERhelp1

I broke everything! Then I fixed it! Yay!

If I broke it while you were trying to read it, sorry. It is good now.

UBERhelp1

Guide Update to v2.14!

This update is a little different from the other ones, as it isn't fully completed. I am slowly working on editing the guide to make it easier for me to add changes to in the future. For example, check out the questline spoiler on the first post to see this in action (That table is what broke the guide and made me send out the message above).

Also, I will begin working on new graphs/combined graphs for the upcoming Japanese settlement. Which would you guys think is better - all on one graph, or separate graphs for each settlement. The first could possibly cause graphs to be crammed, but the second might become too unwieldy (twice as many graphs as before...)

Adnis

If one finishes in first for all the first 15 settlements to gain a fully leveled Yggdrasil, it will take about 6 months. Finishing in third, it will take about 8.5 months. This means that, on average, it will take 7 months to completely upgrade Yggdrasil.

I realize the guide is not complete; however, I believe, in Part 5, when you discuss 1st/2nd/3rd bonus rewards, you wanted to mention Greater Runestone, not Yggdrasil, right?

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I realize the guide is not complete; however, I believe, in Part 5, when you discuss 1st/2nd/3rd bonus rewards, you wanted to mention Greater Runestone, not Yggdrasil, right?
No, I was talking about Yggdrasil. I was talking about the first place time frame, thereby giving the "fastest" time for finishing settlements (may be slightly faster/slower depending on activity and such), and in doing so the fastest time to get a full Yggdrasil.

Also, the guide is complete for what is currently released on live servers. The update I'm working on makes it easy for me to add future settlements' info. :)

Lothar123

This is a great guide. Thank you very much.

One question: in post #5, you say "Also, the Greater Runestone can be fully upgraded every 6 settlements if the player comes in first every time, letting a player get 2 fully upgraded Greater Runestones after finishing the settlements (through #15)." Isn't it every 5 settlements, not 6 (since coming in first gives you 15 fragments, which equals one 1st level Greater Runestone or a Greater Runestone upgrade), allowing you to get 3 (not 2) fully upgraded Greater Runestones?

UBERhelp1

This is a great guide. Thank you very much.

One question: in post #5, you say "Also, the Greater Runestone can be fully upgraded every 6 settlements if the player comes in first every time, letting a player get 2 fully upgraded Greater Runestones after finishing the settlements (through #15)." Isn't it every 5 settlements, not 6 (since coming in first gives you 15 fragments, which equals one 1st level Greater Runestone or a Greater Runestone upgrade), allowing you to get 3 (not 2) fully upgraded Greater Runestones?
Yes :)

I keep forgetting to change that. Thanks.