• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

DeletedUser

Guide Update to v2.14!

This update is a little different from the other ones, as it isn't fully completed........

Also, I will begin working on new graphs/combined graphs for the upcoming Japanese settlement. Which would you guys think is better - all on one graph, or separate graphs for each settlement. The first could possibly cause graphs to be crammed, but the second might become too unwieldy (twice as many graphs as before...)

Amazing guide, thank you for all the effort made!. Just finished Japan settlement on Beta. It seems a bit better than the viking, a little faster to go through. Looking forward to your guide on it. I think it might be better to have separate graphs. The merchant opens up the chance of making fast progress, but luck seems to play a huge role in how fast the Japanese settlement can be completed.......

UBERhelp1

Amazing guide, thank you for all the effort made!. Just finished Japan settlement on Beta. It seems a bit better than the viking, a little faster to go through. Looking forward to your guide on it. I think it might be better to have separate graphs. The merchant opens up the chance of making fast progress, but luck seems to play a huge role in how fast the Japanese settlement can be completed.......
Thanks for the feedback! And while I can't go into too much depth because of spoilers, I do really like the Japanese settlements.

UBERhelp1

Cultural Settlements Guide 2.15 Changelog

• We have Feudal Japan on live now!
  • Finished most text changes for Japanese Settlement
  • Added some screenshots for Japanese Settlement
  • Still working on Japanese Settlement graphs, should be released soon

Please note, if you don't want spoilers for the Japanese Settlement, don't open the spoilers related to it.

As always, if you find any mistakes please tell me. I appreciate any of the feedback/help.

As my time to work on this is short right now, I may not be able to update the screenshots for the later parts of the settlements for some time. I thank you for your patience.

Hopefully this update will help some of you when you start on the new settlement. Enjoy!

UBERhelp1

Cultural Settlements Guide 2.16 Changelog

• Added remainder of graphs
  • Added one more fun fact (#8)

Everything is now ready, except for some later-settlement screenshots, for the Feudal Japan settlement, which will be added about 1-2 weeks after the feature is released on live servers.

That's all for now, and enjoy the settlement!

Super Catanian

I feel like the following could be added to Part 1 for Feudal Japan. For the Vikings, you placed a diagram of the layout, but not for Feudal Japan, so I have done it for you to save time. :)
In case it is hard to see, the layout (with each letter representing a tile) is:

tGGGGEEE
ttrrrEEE
tGGGGEEE
tGGGGrGG
SSSSrrGG
SSSSGGtt
SSSSGGtt

[TH]t[TH]G[TH]G[TH]G[TH]G[TH]E[TH]E[TH]E

[/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH]
Where:
E = Embassy
G = Gasshou-zukuri House
r = Road
t = Tourou
S = Soy Bean Field

EDIT: I received feedback saying to make the roads and the Diplomacy Buildings lowercase to make it easier to read. Maybe the same can be done for the Vikings.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I feel like the following could be added to Part 1 for Feudal Japan. For the Vikings, you placed a diagram of the layout, but not for Feudal Japan, so I have done it for you to save time. :)
In case it is hard to see, the layout (with each letter representing a tile) is:

tGGGGEEE
ttrrrEEE
tGGGGEEE
tGGGGrGG
SSSSrrGG
SSSSGGtt
SSSSGGtt

[TH]t[TH]G[TH]G[TH]G[TH]G[TH]E[TH]E[TH]E

[/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH][/TH]
Where:
E = Embassy
G = Gasshou-zukuri House
r = Road
t = Tourou
S = Soy Bean Field

EDIT: I received feedback saying to make the roads and the Diplomacy Buildings lowercase to make it easier to read. Maybe the same can be done for the Vikings.
Woah! Thank you so much! I didn't add that just because I thought the picture was clear enough (the Viking Embassy obscures a lot of that one), but I really like the lowercase letters for buildings. That does look better.

Added!

DeletedUser34947

I just started playing Japan, and I think there might be a difference in progression of expansion costs. Aside from it being more expensive, it looks like the goods cost for each expansion is unlinked between goods. In other words, in Vikings, the goods cost for any goods.option increases, regardless of what good is used... Some are cheaper, but buying an expansion with one good makes the next one cost more no matter what good is used. In Japan, it looks like the cost progression is independent. I bought an expansion with armor, and the soy cost for next did not increase.
Someone please confirm, but this is a pretty big difference, and important to know since the market can give advanced goods before they are unlocked

ODragon

I just started playing Japan, and I think there might be a difference in progression of expansion costs. Aside from it being more expensive, it looks like the goods cost for each expansion is unlinked between goods. In other words, in Vikings, the goods cost for any goods.option increases, regardless of what good is used... Some are cheaper, but buying an expansion with one good makes the next one cost more no matter what good is used. In Japan, it looks like the cost progression is independent. I bought an expansion with armor, and the soy cost for next did not increase.
Someone please confirm, but this is a pretty big difference, and important to know since the market can give advanced goods before they are unlocked
It works the same, just the initial cost is higher. Paying with instruments means you are buying it at a cheaper rate. The costs for the other ones will go up.

Super Catanian

In Part 4, in the Pre-Endgame Layout Spoiler, the one for the Vikings is sort of messed up.
Also, in the Cost of Expansions chart for Feudal Japan of that same part, we are shown the Cultural Settlements Times for it, rather than the actual expansion costs.

DeletedUser34947

It works the same, just the initial cost is higher. Paying with instruments means you are buying it at a cheaper rate. The costs for the other ones will go up.
That is what I expected, based on Vikes, but I do not believe you are correct. Buying an expansion with instruments did not increase the soy or armor cost of the next one. Again, I might have missed something, but I think the progression in price is independent

UBERhelp1

In Part 4, in the Pre-Endgame Layout Spoiler, the one for the Vikings is sort of messed up.
oof. Thanks for that! I missed a single quotation mark in the spoiler.

Also, in the Cost of Expansions chart for Feudal Japan of that same part, we are shown the Cultural Settlements Times for it, rather than the actual expansion costs.
Fixed :) I have been having some image problems, so that might finally be the end of it. (You can see some random {IMG} tags that I can't delete nor even see in the text editor, but are visible in the guide.)

That is what I expected, based on Vikes, but I do not believe you are correct. Buying an expansion with instruments did not increase the soy or armor cost of the next one. Again, I might have missed something, but I think the progression in price is independent
This is a bug. I'd recommend creating a bug report, especially if you can reproduce it (it could be abused)

Super Catanian

Fixed :) I have been having some image problems, so that might finally be the end of it. (You can see some random {IMG} tags that I can't delete nor even see in the text editor, but are visible in the guide.)
Yeah, I still see a few lying around. If you want, I can send it to you through a private conversation to not clutter up this thread.

ODragon

I'm all expansioned out at the moment but I'll see if my current one matches the wiki of expected when I get home.

DeletedUser34947

At the moment, they match the wiki. My next expansion is 8.
Wow, that's nothing at all like mine was! Each one I bought cost me 8 for the first one, then 19 on the next, regardless of what sequence. I spent 8 instruments, then 19. Then 8 soy, then 19, then 8 armor, etc... I've gotten 8 expansions, none cost more than 19.

DeletedUser34947

Looking at next expansion, each is a different cost. On reflection, I probably did something like paintbrush, paintbrush, instrument, instrument armor, armor, instrument, instrument. In short, I really wasn't paying close.attention, and likely spent the advanced goods super early and never used soy at all which is why I never noticed an increase above 19.

Most likely it was just me, and not a bug.

Super Catanian

Around the beginning of Part 2...
These impediments always spawn in random spots around the settlement, but there are some similarities.
  1. Impediments always block 13 tiles
  2. There are always 9 impediments
  3. The types of impediments always stay the same (2 2x1, 2 1x2, and 5 1x1)
One small similarity that I've also noticed...
There is always a maximum of 1 Impediment per expansion.

UBERhelp1

Around the beginning of Part 2...

One small similarity that I've also noticed...
There is always a maximum of 1 Impediment per expansion.
Fixed! And I'm just going to like your comments like this when I fix them instead of replying so that the thread isn't made up of:

SC - u did dis wrong
UBER - k thx
SC - u did dis wrong
UBER - k thx

SC - u did dis wrong
UBER - k thx

SC - u did dis wrong
UBER - k thx

Super Catanian

Fixed! And I'm just going to like your comments like this when I fix them instead of replying so that the thread isn't made up of:

SC - u did dis wrong
UBER - k thx
SC - u did dis wrong
UBER - k thx

SC - u did dis wrong
UBER - k thx

SC - u did dis wrong
UBER - k thx
That's hilarious!!

Edit to my previous post, although irrelevant:
A 1x2 or 2x1 Impediment never overlaps into 2 expansions.