• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

DeletedUser37581

A quick way to gain coins for the final quest is to start a goods production and then cancel it.
Further testing shows this to be in error. It is not sufficient to cancel a production. However, if a producing goods building is sold (without cancelling the production), then the coins returned from the production being canceled as a result of the sale DO count toward the final quest.

ODragon

Further testing shows this to be in error. It is not sufficient to cancel a production. However, if a producing goods building is sold (without cancelling the production), then the coins returned from the production being canceled as a result of the sale DO count toward the final quest.

Still could be useful with the right planning. Often I'll have 2x4 hour going. If the first one procs, you might sell the 2nd building. Or if the market gives you what you need, instead of waiting. That being said, coins have been no issue for me on this first run. Anyone run into that as the issue?

Super Catanian

That being said, coins have been no issue for me on this first run. Anyone run into that as the issue?
I have been babysitting my Settlement too much, running mostly 1 hour and 15 minute productions on my Shinto Shrines (except when I'm asleep, duh). This morning I unlocked the Tea House, and around 5 Shinto Shrines were sold to make room for 2 Tea Houses. I currently have 23.552 Koban Coins in stock.

Before and after pictures...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_VWdl9kGplqdfs42W-F2FncH4DCrp3Cg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-3luLAgCL2NOeCwGAvq7jU4sVO1pU5Oy

UBERhelp1

20,000 Views!

At the time of my writing this, the guide has over 20k views, which is insane. I literally wrote this thinking maybe a few people would read it.

I really want to thank everyone who has helped out, whether as the unofficial editor (;)) or commenting on things I could fix, clarify, or add; you guys made this guide way better than the first 3-paragraph version I posted when the Viking settlement came out (since deleted... no reason to keep it).

Thank you to everyone who has read this, liked it, and supported it. You guys inspire me to keep working on the guide.

Special thanks, as always, to @Super Catanian and @DreadfulCadillac for being awesome. Could never had done this without you.

With that said, I hope all your settlements are going well and that you get many x4 bonuses. :)
-UBER​

Super Catanian

I literally wrote this thinking maybe a few people would read it.
Most of those views are probably mine. ;) I depend on this Guide way too much, and am constantly looking over it to optimize my strategy. During those times, I discover some small nuances that could be fixed in order to continually improve this Guide. I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you've put into it!!
Thanks for the shout-out! Happy Forging!!

DreadfulCadillac

20,000 Views!

At the time of my writing this, the guide has over 20k views, which is insane. I literally wrote this thinking maybe a few people would read it.

I really want to thank everyone who has helped out, whether as the unofficial editor (;)) or commenting on things I could fix, clarify, or add; you guys made this guide way better than the first 3-paragraph version I posted when the Viking settlement came out (since deleted... no reason to keep it).

Thank you to everyone who has read this, liked it, and supported it. You guys inspire me to keep working on the guide.

Special thanks, as always, to @Super Catanian and @DreadfulCadillac for being awesome. Could never had done this without you.

With that said, I hope all your settlements are going well and that you get many x4 bonuses. :)
-UBER​
thnxks for the shoutout
this guide has helped me in the past numerous times, so thanks so much!

Super Catanian

Part 6...
Currently, as there is only one settlement and the FP looping has been countered, there is really no strategies that can get the player to come in first every time and yet still be different, as all follow a similar path.
Kind of weird how later on in Part 6, you did mention that two Cultures were available.

UBERhelp1

It didn't work for me.
You have to start the production and then sell the goods building - the game thinks that instead of returning resources back to the player, it pays them back, fulfilling the quest. (added to the guide)

Also, my spellcheck wants me to correct "the goods building" to "the building of the good" :p

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Some Small Changes

• Now the "Basic Layout 1" tables are updated with better-looking roads, color, and formating to make buildings easier to distinguish
  • I tried to add colored text to the entire guide but it broke everything... maybe a future update.
  • Updated the "Awesome People" list (Added @Algona :))
  • Working on adding more fun facts (mostly just translations and myths involved with various building names found in the settlements)
I'm not marking this as update 2.17 because there are so few changes.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Awesome Guide that really works! Here is my endgame layout for Feudal. Will complete the last quest once my 8-hour productions finish. No need to use the Merchant at this point.
ilh4IZyaNE3_7mEMTYOuw6kO9RQiU-4KG0L82vi_G3FVo8RqzTgG--Vbs9ZyqJV5n-3SsGwneombQGh2sOSVMJ_jcMdie11cojM_xzKg3EXYJS-YK_pm1mTP-LumvyI2L0lDjxiv

EDIT: Just realized that your Guide doesn't have a screenshot of the endgame layout for Feudal Japan. Feel free to use mine!

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Awesome Guide that really works! Here is my endgame layout for Feudal. Will complete the last quest once my 8-hour productions finish. No need to use the Merchant at this point.

EDIT: Just realized that your Guide doesn't have a screenshot of the endgame layout for Feudal Japan. Feel free to use mine!
No it doesn't, I kept forgetting to screenshot my layout before I finished :/

Last edited:

Super Catanian

"Yggdrasil" is the tree of life in Norse mythology, and it is pronounced "igh-drah-sihl." This tree holds together the nine worlds of Norse myth. Its name can be taken to mean "terrible steed" or "horse of the hanged," referring to a myth about Odin (a Norse god), or "yew-column." It is portrayed as an ash tree.
Nice fun fact!
So nobody realized that the in-game Yggdrasil has 9 levels in reference to the 9 worlds of Norse mythology?