• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Super Catanian

13. The time period of the Feudal Japan settlement is the "Sengoku" period, and "Sengoku" means "warring states." Seems odd, then, that this settlement is based around negotiations.
:eek:
@Godly Luke was right when he said the following in the Feudal Japan Feedback thread!
Wish you could fight In the merchant hut instead of negotiating it would just be called the hut and it would be kinda a spoils of war thing where they give you the goods for winning

Also, since you did the Japanese translation for the Yakatabune, just thought I'd tell you that the translation for Sengoku is 戦国 (戦 meaning war [sen] and 国 meaning country, or land [goku])

DeletedUser30312

You can do two soy fields with the Japanese settlement at the start if you don't have impediments. I slapped this together fast this morning without bothering to optimize anything.

start.png

DeletedUser30312

That looks pretty good. The main thing to remember is that you only need two huts to operate a soy field.

DeletedUser40559

Well I just finished the Japanese settlement and I enjoyed it much more than the Vikings. I finished with Gold and had almost a day left. In Vikings I don't think I ever finished with time left for the prizes. Seems like the big game changer for me was the Merchant to obtain extra goods. I also hit on a couple of 4X multipliers also. Would really like to see the Merchant added to the Vikings also.

Probably the biggest help has been the advice from UBERhelp1 and his guide. I think it really upped my game play!

When I started the settlement I thought I was going to have issues right away because my land was loaded with Impediments but I worked around them.

UBERhelp1

Well I just finished the Japanese settlement and I enjoyed it much more than the Vikings. I finished with Gold and had almost a day left. In Vikings I don't think I ever finished with time left for the prizes. Seems like the big game changer for me was the Merchant to obtain extra goods. I also hit on a couple of 4X multipliers also. Would really like to see the Merchant added to the Vikings also.

Probably the biggest help has been the advice from UBERhelp1 and his guide. I think it really upped my game play!

When I started the settlement I thought I was going to have issues right away because my land was loaded with Impediments but I worked around them.
The Merchant can really help speed up the settlement. With a few lucky offers, you can expand your city farther than normal at that stage. It has to be one of the best features of the Feudal Japan Settlement.

And thank you! I really appreciate that :)

ODragon

The most interesting thing is that I made it through almost 3 full runs of it before actually placing a tea house. As I don't think it is a required quest build, I forgot to place it.

It does show that it is not a needed building for making gold 2x. (Yes, made it gold through the third time also.)

UBERhelp1

The most interesting thing is that I made it through almost 3 full runs of it before actually placing a tea house. As I don't think it is a required quest build, I forgot to place it.

It does show that it is not a needed building for making gold 2x. (Yes, made it gold through the third time also.)
I build them because I like how they look, but the coin production of diplomacy buildings is so high that one rarely has to worry about it and can stay using Shrines. A slight design flaw, but it makes the Feudal Japan Settlements that much easier.

Last edited:

qaccy

Pretty similar to Vikings, really. The coin output on the later unlocks doesn't really increase enough to make them compelling to build, especially for those actively chasing gold. Short production cycles pretty much always leads to a surplus of coins that allows you to pretty much dump all coin production eventually in order to squeeze in more goods buildings.

That being said, I do find that I'll occasionally build Tea Houses as they may fill space most effectively. Annoyingly, just about everything in Vikings is 3 squares wide which often meant I didn't have anywhere nice to put a Market (all good spaces were filled with Huts) and was essentially forced to stick with Shrines there. For Japan, even if they may not be necessary anyway, I do like that I seemingly have more opportunities to use the so-called better buildings.

DeletedUser36033

If ya don't dismiss or negotiate a merchant offer, does it stay after next round? And only 2 new offers are filled?

Super Catanian

If ya don't dismiss or negotiate a merchant offer, does it stay after next round? And only 2 new offers are filled?
At the start of the 24 hours, you are given 3 offers. If you dismiss some, they stay that way until the next cycle. If they stay undismissed, they remain that way until the next 24 hour cycle.
The announcement mentioned that you get new offers every day, so it's pretty safe to assume that you get new offers every single time, whether or not they were undismissed.