• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ODragon

Still, the point of this guide is really to do the settlements

I think you should stop there in your statement. Your guide is useful, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be different levels of useful. Saying you can do A/B/C without diamonds is fine but nothing wrong with say, you can do it A/B/C/D if you use diamonds. All guides should be able doing things efficiently. You don't have to use diamonds to complete it but if you want to, here is a way to do it efficiently.

Also, FWIW, no where does it say it's a guide for diamond free cultural settlements...

RazorbackPirate

I think you should stop there in your statement. Your guide is useful, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be different levels of useful. Saying you can do A/B/C without diamonds is fine but nothing wrong with say, you can do it A/B/C/D if you use diamonds. All guides should be able doing things efficiently. You don't have to use diamonds to complete it but if you want to, here is a way to do it efficiently.

Also, FWIW, no where does it say it's a guide for diamond free cultural settlements...
Every guide I've ever read here on the forum is written to achieve results without spending diamonds. If you want a guide on spending diamonds then here it is:

Diamond Player Guide:

1) Get your credit card.
2) Buy your way to victory.

ODragon

Every guide I've ever read here on the forum is written to achieve results without spending diamonds. If you want a guide on spending diamonds then here it is:

Diamond Player Guide:

1) Get your credit card.
2) Buy your way to victory.

Maybe. Besides expansions, what are you going to spend all your GE diamonds on? I'd like to spend them to do less settlements!

RazorbackPirate

Maybe. Besides expansions, what are you going to spend all your GE diamonds on? I'd like to spend them to do less settlements!
Other than expansions, I've used my free diamonds for events. While I've never had to spend diamonds to get a fully upgraded event building, I have occasionally used diamonds to get more of the secondary prize. For instance, during the Summer Event, I spent some free diamonds in one of my cities to get a fully upgraded ship. One city, I was able to get a fully upgraded ship without diamonds, but in my other city, the RNG wasn't quite as friendly, so I used some of my free diamonds to get the extra event currency I needed to get the last two upgrades.

I have no issues with spending free diamonds, but I don't see the point of writing a guide focused on diamond spending to achieve the result.
You don't have to use diamonds to complete it but if you want to, here is a way to do it efficiently.
No issues with this, but to write such a guide, you need to be a regular diamond spender to know. Something I have no intention of doing.

ODragon

No issues with this, but to write such a guide, you need to be a regular diamond spender to know. Something I have no intention of doing.

Me either but I am excited by a small amount of diamonds that I can spend to reduce how much time I spend on settlements. I don't like them, they are a grind but the reward is worth the grind. This will make it much faster.

DeletedUser37249

I'm in the camp of it being worth it to spend diamonds to immediately unlock the merchant.

It costs around 175 diamonds or so in total (if you place down runestones to raise your diplo) and gives you access to anywhere from 60-90 random goods. If you're lucky enough to get a boosted collection of instruments, you can get as many as 6 expansions on day one (15x4 instruments = 60 instruments ... 8 soy for the first expansion, and then 8+8+8+8+19 instruments for the next 5 expansions).

That's absolutely huge in saving time due to the fact that you can mass produce coins and goods very early on.

I never really recorded how long it took to complete my Vikings or Japanese playthroughs, but it honestly feels like each Japan playthrough was twice as fast due to the merchant alone.

To that point I maxed out my Shinto Temple some time last week just by spending diamonds to immediately unlock the merchant and nothing else. It was definitely worth it for me.

DeletedUser37249

Holy moly:eek:

I’m still on round 8 even with diamonds to get to the merchant.

I play this game way too much haha

On a more serious note I divide up money production and goods production into day and night, respectively. During the day I'll fill my settlement to the brim with shinto shrines and tea houses until I have a pile of about 30K coins, then before I go to sleep I'll sell all those money-makers and fill the settlement with goods buildings.

Overall it's more efficient that way since shorter time intervals yield more money.

But mostly I just play this game way too much :D

Super Catanian

I play this game way too much haha

On a more serious note I divide up money production and goods production into day and night, respectively. During the day I'll fill my settlement to the brim with shinto shrines and tea houses until I have a pile of about 30K coins, then before I go to sleep I'll sell all those money-makers and fill the settlement with goods buildings.

Overall it's more efficient that way since shorter time intervals yield more money.

But mostly I just play this game way too much :D
That was also how I was. If you go look at the picture of the endgame layout for Feudal Japan in Part 4 of this very guide (which was contributed by myself) you'll see an over-built settlement with over 60.000 Koban Coins in stock. I even kept the Dojo, since it looks cool as well.
Believe it or not, that was my very first completion of any Cultural Settlement ever.

ODragon

This felt worth it for me this time. I did get burned slightly with what it gave me (10 soy, 12, 15 paintings) but I'm already working towards quest 9 with a significant head start, 9 days, 16 hours left!

Very burned this time although still doing well. 4 attempts at the market and not a single musical instrument. Its not as bad as it could be since you can open armor so fast but still, I imagine if I'd gotten some instruments, I'd be much further along.

DeletedUser30312

I love the timeless dojo, and the Shinto Temple as well. I believe the ST is actually the most FP efficient building other than GB (Yggdrasil is the second).

It is. I've been doing some comparisons, and the Shinto Temple comes out on top, followed by the Ygg and the Crow's Nest when it gives the 20 FP.

fpratios.png

Asterisks indicate multiproducers that have 8 hour FP productions, the numbers assume 3 such productions in a 24 hour period. A player may get get less FP/day out of one of them. The Winter Village is for having all 9 pieces fully boosted, but given the many different ways the pieces can be set up, the number might vary if a player doesn't use the whole set.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

The Winter Village is for having all 9 pieces fully boosted, but given the many different ways the pieces can be set up, the number might vary if a player doesn't use the whole set.

Or uses more than the set. If you combine sets you can increase the number of fp's you get, so it's stata become better.

- KQ -

It is. I've been doing some comparisons, and the Shinto Temple comes out on top, followed by the Ygg and the Crow's Nest when it gives the 20 FP.

View attachment 14209

Asterisks indicate multiproducers that have 8 hour FP productions, the numbers assume 3 such productions in a 24 hour period. A player may get get less FP/day out of one of them. The Winter Village is for having all 9 pieces fully boosted, but given the many different ways the pieces can be set up, the number might vary if a player doesn't use the whole set.

Thank you for that chart Orius!

I just built my first level 5 Timeless Dojo. Looking forward to two more.

DeletedUser30312

Or uses more than the set. If you combine sets you can increase the number of fp's you get, so it's stata become better.

Yes, the Winter Village is a very versatile set, but there's so many different ways it can be set up that it would be far too cumbersome to list the various possibilities on the chart, so I just went with all nine fully boosted. I don't think it's possible to get a better result than the standard 1/4 that the SoK makes though.

Thank you for that chart Orius!

I just built my first level 5 Timeless Dojo. Looking forward to two more.

Yeah, Timeless Dojos are really good. The FP is slightly worse than the Runestones, but the other benefits really make up for it, IMO. The Dojo is already one of the better FP makers anyway, and it can be gained repeatedly.

Agent327

Yes, the Winter Village is a very versatile set, but there's so many different ways it can be set up that it would be far too cumbersome to list the various possibilities on the chart, so I just went with all nine fully boosted. I don't think it's possible to get a better result than the standard 1/4 that the SoK makes though.

Not just the Winter Village. Every set can be combined.