• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

UBERhelp1

Cultural Settlements Guide v2.204
  • Massive fixes for broken links
  • All images backed up from broken links
  • A lot of work behind the scenes
  • Better images to explain the points
  • No real content changes other than images

There's not that much to change anymore because we haven't had a new settlement in ages, but at some point I want to clean up a lot of the info. Just ran out of time before I wanted to get this update out.

Mor-Rioghain

Considering my stellar 'success' at never achieving a single boost chest despite my experience and success in 'crunching time' in the regular game, I'm looking forward to giving this a good read to see what I can do to improve my lot in that manner! I know I am sure getting awfully tired of working the same settlement (my third one now) over and over again in 4 cities ... the first one I used was awesome (Vikings) but just couldn't continue to follow the guide due to RL constraints at the time, hoping for the same orginal success in finally completing these dratted Aztecs not to mention readdressing my ditching the Egyptian Settlement out of sheer frustration.

UBERhelp1

Considering my stellar 'success' at never achieving a single boost chest despite my experience and success in 'crunching time' in the regular game, I'm looking forward to giving this a good read to see what I can do to improve my lot in that manner! I know I am sure getting awfully tired of working the same settlement (my third one now) over and over again in 4 cities ... the first one I used was awesome (Vikings) but just couldn't continue to follow the guide due to RL constraints at the time, hoping for the same orginal success in finally completing these dratted Aztecs not to mention readdressing my ditching the Egyptian Settlement out of sheer frustration.
Honestly, if you need help with settlements this is probably your best shot, *but* don't overstress about getting the time rewards. It's super dependent on your ability to collect every 4 or 8 hours, and that's not always possible. Back when I first wrote this, it was difficult but doable for me. Right now, I don't have the schedule where I'd be able to do that, so I just play them casually and don't worry about the time rewards.

I've also found that taking breaks from the settlements instead of just constantly grinding them can be much better than forcing yourself to play through them over and over.

ffblackice

Honestly, if you need help with settlements this is probably your best shot, *but* don't overstress about getting the time rewards. It's super dependent on your ability to collect every 4 or 8 hours, and that's not always possible. Back when I first wrote this, it was difficult but doable for me. Right now, I don't have the schedule where I'd be able to do that, so I just play them casually and don't worry about the time rewards.

I've also found that taking breaks from the settlements instead of just constantly grinding them can be much better than forcing yourself to play through them over and over.
Agreed, there are better buildings vs those time award building from settlement. But main buildings are awesome, must have.