• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Guide (v2.202)

Lothar123

Which settlement should I do first?
If you plan to do all of them eventually, I'd start with Vikings. It's the most tedious and annoying, but the subsequent settlements will be better. Also, Vikings is the original, "basic" settlement, while each of the others adds a significant game mechanic (negotiations in Japan, fighting in Egypt, and a minesweeper-like game in Aztecs); it's better to start with Vikings so you don't learn to rely on those additional mechanics but can treat them as a bonus when you move on to the other settlements.

WinnerGR

@UBERhelp1 I have been following this guide very closly on my latest settlment and I have been wondering whether I should have 3 goods buildings in my settlment. I am on the 'Is bigger better' quest and working towards unlocking the decorative and ornatmnetal statues. Furthermore I have 4043 beans and

VegtablesHeadressesMaizeStone Figures
25​
21​
47​
13​
(that formatted weirdly)

and also here is a screenshot of it:
Screenshot 2021-05-18 8.09.21 AM.png
And here is a screenshot of my settlemnt diary/plan ( red is done ):
Screenshot 2021-05-18 8.09.34 AM.png
-------------------

So I would really appreciate if you could advise me on whether to get a third goods building and if so how to fit it in ( i.e the house(s) and shrine(s) required to make it work and stuff ). Thanks in advance

JoyfulRider

So I would really appreciate if you could advise me on whether to get a third goods building and if so how to fit it in ( i.e the house(s) and shrine(s) required to make it work and stuff ). Thanks in advance
give your diplomacy values also. it may give clarity to give some help.

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 I have been following this guide very closly on my latest settlment and I have been wondering whether I should have 3 goods buildings in my settlment. I am on the 'Is bigger better' quest and working towards unlocking the decorative and ornatmnetal statues. Furthermore I have 4043 beans and

VegtablesHeadressesMaizeStone Figures
25​
21​
47​
13​
(that formatted weirdly)

and also here is a screenshot of it:
View attachment 18766
And here is a screenshot of my settlemnt diary/plan ( red is done ):
View attachment 18767
-------------------

I mean why do you have so many of the sculptures? Add some more houses (they don't have to be the 3x3 ones), a couple of shrines, and you should be able to fit it in easily.

I'm not going to hold your hand through the whole settlement. You kind of have to do it yourself. I'll give general tips, some suggestions, but more than that is up to you.

WinnerGR

I mean why do you have so many of the sculptures? Add some more houses (they don't have to be the 3x3 ones), a couple of shrines, and you should be able to fit it in easily.
Thanks a lot. Now I just need to get some hard shoes on and kick myself really hard for not thinking of that myself.
I'm not going to hold your hand through the whole settlement. You kind of have to do it yourself. I'll give general tips, some suggestions, but more than that is up to you.
Yeah yeah I didn't mean to come across that way and I don't really want that either cause half the fun of FoE (in my opinion) is the planning and my schedule and RNG is likely to be differnt from yours.

Joeyjojojo

Bit of a cross post from the Mughal feedback thread, as it may belong here too? I'm not sure if it's at all helpful, but I managed the 1500 without difficulty for the final Mughal quest, screenshot below. No diamonds. Initially got expansions all the way up to 23 lotus, which was all I needed, but I did have enough rice after the gather 50 to get one more, so I did (it's the lonely one).
mughals.jpg