• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

UBERhelp1

1 cultural building is good enough. So get the diplomacy to 1200, delete everything expect few shacks or 1 hut to support one cultural building, start building one cultural building, delete it build again, repeat two more times and you are done. Key is to start with 0 cultural buildings for the last quest.
If anyone else can verify I'll change it.

DeletedUser32348

Is it possible to finish it in 8 days?
it would be more helpful if someone could show me a spreadsheet or
a guide to making a good spreadsheet for Viking Settlement to keep track of time.
i have made one for me and i know there's a lot of improvement that can be done.
so please help me if u can. I know its a little shabby. (just a beginner in making spreadsheets;))
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NEAAns93UaRRiEE5o6aYHUBCMvQx4dR6Zlp-oNNUyaY/edit?usp=sharing

I also found a guide to finishing Viking Settlement, maybe it will help someone
found it in FoE Wiki comments section
1) I usually start in the evening (8 pm).

2) Build 6 shacks and 2 Axe Smiths. Note that due to obstacles you might not be able to connect all shacks to a road, but that doesn't matter much.

3) Produce axes for 8h (overnight) = 20 axes (at least if no 4x bonus)

4) Buy 2 expansions (6 axes) and unlock the shrine (10 axes)

5) Delete 1 axe smith, ideally you should now have 9 shacks, 5 shrines and 1 axe smith

6) Produce axes until you can unlock the mead brewery.

7) Delete the axe smith and build a mead brewery.

8) With the first 10 meads, unlock 2 additional expansions.

9) Build additional shacks, shrines and rebuild the Axe Smith (you now have 1 Mead Brewery and 1 Axe Smith).

10) Replace as many shacks you can with huts (saves space). You can now maybe already have 3 Goods Buildings.

10) Produce goods until you can unlock the Beast Hunter. Build it (normally you can temporarily have 3 Goods buildings).

11) With the first 10 horns, unlock 2 additional expansions. You can now for sure have 3 Goods Buildings (1+1+1 or 2+1 depending on the goods needed to unlock the next building).

12) I usually unlock 2 additional expansions with horns because waiting for the wool farm is simply too long. With 8 purchased expansions, you can have 4 goods buildings, which is the target.

13) The rest comes easily (Replace as many shrines you can with markets and the huts with 2 clan houses, it is usually enough).

To summarize buy 2 expansions with axes, 2 with meads and 4 with horns (unless you want to wait for the wool farm).

Target 4 goods buildings.

Logging in 3 times a day (morning, lunch and evening) is enough (4 or 8h productions)

and here's a screenshot of that
Screenshot-2019-04-22-Vikings.png

Thanks for the Guide @UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1

it would be more helpful if someone could show me a spreadsheet or
a guide to making a good spreadsheet for Viking Settlement to keep track of time.
i have made one for me and i know there's a lot of improvement that can be done.
so please help me if u can. I know its a little shabby. (just a beginner in making spreadsheets;))
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NEAAns93UaRRiEE5o6aYHUBCMvQx4dR6Zlp-oNNUyaY/edit?usp=sharing
Well, I actually was going to put a section on this into the guide but ultimately decided against it. I thought most people would just do whatever works best for them. For me, that's a spreadsheet. Your spreadsheet is pretty good, actually. I used checkboxes and then evaluated stuff based on whether they were checked/unchecked, but that is just for convenience.

Here's what my spreadsheet looks like:
With no checkboxes checked -->Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 8.15.54 AM.png
With some checkboxes checked --> upload_2019-4-22_8-27-23.png
The excess goods value is any goods spent on expansions. You (obviously) want that number to stay as low as possible.

DeletedUser32348

I only did 8hrs in the last settlement 3rd one. And I don't even get 4x boost. So I had to make a spreadsheet to see whether I could find time or finish it in time without getting boost + making coins + making goods + unlock and wait 8 hrs or less to finish it. I did it. But I was still hoping to get 4x boost. But I didntd get it.
How does making more 4hrs gives more chances to get 4x boost?

BruteForceAttack

I only did 8hrs in the last settlement 3rd one. And I don't even get 4x boost. So I had to make a spreadsheet to see whether I could find time or finish it in time without getting boost + making coins + making goods + unlock and wait 8 hrs or less to finish it. I did it. But I was still hoping to get 4x boost. But I didntd get it.
How does making more 4hrs gives more chances to get 4x boost?

The chances of getting 4x is same for each time you collect goods, if you do 4 hours then you essentially collect 2x times compared to 8 hour collection. Therefore you have 2x chances of getting 4x.

DeletedUser32348

Interesting, u say one can double the chances of getting 4x goods if they do 4hrs goods production more often. Right.
Say u got 4x goods in 1st time and u didn't get it in next 4hrs. So u end up getting 25 goods (4x5 +5)
But if u get 4x in 8hrs good production u get 40 goods in one go. And there's a 15 goods difference. How do u make of that?

BruteForceAttack

Interesting, u say one can double the chances of getting 4x goods if they do 4hrs goods production more often. Right.
Say u got 4x goods in 1st time and u didn't get it in next 4hrs. So u end up getting 25 goods (4x5 +5)
But if u get 4x in 8hrs good production u get 40 goods in one go. And there's a 15 goods difference. How do u make of that?

But as the odds of getting 4x is same for 4 hours or 8 hours, what if you get 4x twice on 4hr collection and 0 on 8 hour collection?

DeletedUser37581

If there is a 25% chance to get the 4x boost (maximum after 15 settlements), then over 100 productions at 8 hours the boost should activate on average 25 times for a total of 25x30 = 750 goods.
Meanwhile there would have been 200 4 hour productions which will activate the boost on average 50 times. 50x15 = 750 goods.
The net result over a large number of productions is the same.
The math works the same for a smaller boost percentage.

DeletedUser29742

Yes, it is still possible to build the goods buildings one at a time. See here for more confirmation.

I'm finishing one up right now. This is no longer possible. You need to keep all 1200 diplomacy and ALL 4 buildings (although they don't have to be fully built) in your city at the same time to complete the last quest.

DeletedUser37581

I'm finishing one up right now. This is no longer possible. You need to keep all 1200 diplomacy and ALL 4 buildings (although they don't have to be fully built) in your city at the same time to complete the last quest.
Yes, that bug was eliminated in Changelog 1.150. Possibly even for good this time.

UBERhelp1

Thank you for telling me! Hopefully I don't have to change that section any more. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser32348

it is possible.
all u have to do is unlock everything till the Mead Hall (Last Building)
latest
strip down all the markets
latest
and
I recommend you sell all the Huts you have and keep one CLAN HOUSE
latest
which gives 172 population this takes around 8 hrs to spawn. (ignore this step if u have already built 1)
CLAN house gives 172

build 12 or 11 or 10 of OLD WILLOW
latest
depending on your other Cultural Buildings (Decorations) u have this takes around 7-8 hrs to spawn up. An Old Willow gives 108

so
12 x 108
= 1296
( 96
excess from 1200)
11 x 108
= 1188
(12
short from 1200)
10 x 108
= 1080
(120
short from 1200)

now u can keep 4 goods buildings (3 Axe / Horn + 1 Mead)
Mead need 36

Axe / Horn needs 45
, so 3 x 45
= 135

total
= 135 + 36 = 171
(which is 1
short from 172
)
u already have 172
from 1 CLAN HOUSE
latest

so there u have it 1 CLAN HOUSE + 4 GOODS BUILDING + 1200 Diplomacy

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

it is possible.
all u have to do is unlock everything till the Mead Hall (Last Building)
latest
strip down all the markets
latest
and
I recommend you sell all the Huts you have and keep one CLAN HOUSE
latest
which gives 172 population this takes around 8 hrs to spawn. (ignore this step if u have already built 1)
CLAN house gives 172

build 12 or 11 or 10 of OLD WILLOW
latest
depending on your other Cultural Buildings (Decorations) u have this takes around 7-8 hrs to spawn up. An Old Willow gives 108

so
12 x 108
= 1296
( 96
excess from 1200)
11 x 108
= 1188
(12
short from 1200)
10 x 108
= 1080
(120
short from 1200)

now u can keep 4 goods buildings (3 Axe / Horn + 1 Mead)
Mead need 36

Axe / Horn needs 45
, so 3 x 45
= 135

total
= 135 + 36 = 171
(which is 1
short from 172
)
u already have 172
from 1 CLAN HOUSE
latest

so there u have it 1 CLAN HOUSE + 4 GOODS BUILDING + 1200 Diplomacy
This is not what he meant. He meant that you can no longer delete cultural goods buildings or diplomacy buildings once you complete that portion of the quest.

DeletedUser32348

Ah this one.
When no cultural goods buildings are present in the outpost, the quest "Last Preparations" of the Viking Cultural Settlement did not correctly remove progress from the quest if built cultural goods buildings were sold.
from link.

DeletedUser22063

Can't believe it cost 800 diamonds to get the second emissaries, after working for days and days 3 times a day. Another way FOR tips you off....not sure why I keep playing!!!!!!!!

- KQ -

Can't believe it cost 800 diamonds to get the second emissaries, after working for days and days 3 times a day. Another way FOR tips you off....not sure why I keep playing!!!!!!!!

@sir spider john ~ There are two ways to play this game. With your wallet or on the cheap. With your wallet is faster and probably less rewarding. On the cheap rewards patience and persistence. You can get about 99% of things in this game for free if you put in the time and effort. You'll get your extra emissary slot(s) and more emissaries if you keep plugging away.

There are a couple of threads like this one, on how to best work the Viking Settlements. You'll still have to spend time working them, but you'll get some tips to reduce the amount of time and effort you spend.

Good luck and keep plugging away.

"That which we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." Thomas Paine