• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

UBERhelp1

Update to Version 2.192
  • Various grammar and spelling fixes
  • Changed reporting of numbers to a consistent amount of decimal places
  • Updated all images to be link-based, so no more images are uploaded, enabling full back-up of guide (this has been a long-term goal of mine)
  • Small-device- or small-screen-size- friendly changes (split larger charts)
  • Preparations for future settlements

Lady Gato

I thought that with the merchant in Japan that once you get the final quest to gather 10 of each cultural goods, what you gathered in the merchant after that would count towards the required 10 of each cultural goods? Because I just did a negotiation and got 10 armor and it wasn't counted.

UBERhelp1

I thought that with the merchant in Japan that once you get the final quest to gather 10 of each cultural goods, what you gathered in the merchant after that would count towards the required 10 of each cultural goods? Because I just did a negotiation and got 10 armor and it wasn't counted.
Unless they changed it somewhere, the negotiations did count. Anyone else seeing this?

Lady Gato

Unless they changed it somewhere, the negotiations did count. Anyone else seeing this?
Ok I am going to refresh the game & clear my cache.

EDIT: Ok it recognized now that I have 10 of 40 goods collected. Whew - I didn't want to wait while I constructed an armorer. Got 20 hrs left (unfortunately I am on the 2nd time limit).

Last edited:

WinnerGR

Of course. I'm working on final revisions and last minute tweaks to the update. I'll probably post it soon, once I've made sure that everything is correct. I will say though that this is a pretty big update.
Thanks , as I always I appreciate your work.

UBERhelp1

Update to Version 2.200
  • Added information on Aztecs
  • Added charts, pictures, and graphs for Aztecs
  • In-depth tips on the Aztec minigame (the Courtyard)
  • More fun facts! (also removed/rewrote stupid ones)
  • Massive reorganization/style updates
  • Removed expansion cost graphs, replaced with charts (easier to read)
  • Moved the 50k view charts to the archive (game added goods info screen)
  • Moved questlines to Part 1 (it fits better there rather than the intro)
  • Crazy amounts of grammar and spelling fixes
  • Corrected information all over the guide that was wrong or outdated
  • Removed references to and from removed information
  • Removed outdated and irrelevant information
  • Added more links to parts to connect information
  • Added information on the goods info screen accessed from the Embassy
  • Greater preparations for future settlements' information
  • Full backup of guide created for easier editing and history
  • Started the next view special…
  • And more!

Aztecs Time! Decided to post this early since I had pretty much everything finished up. This is probably one of the biggest updates to the guide since v2.0. A lot of info has been moved around, cleaned up, corrected, and overall improved. As always, if you have any comments, ideas, find any errors, etc. please, tell me!

UBERhelp1

Cultural Settlements Guide v2.201
Thank You Note, Comments, and More
This guide has now hit over 100,000 views! Thank you all for an amazing ride. This guide was posted exactly two years ago, and I can't explain how much your support, comments, and sometimes memes have really meant to me. I know that views aren't really a metric of how many people have seen it, or anything like that, but it does kind of help justify all the effort I've put towards making my guides and doing what I can to help other players.

For myself, I've grown as a writer and I hope to continue to grow. I never thought back when I posted the original 4-part Cultural Settlements Guide that I would spend a month revising it, collecting data, making charts, and making it something I could be proud of. Now, this guide alone is nearly 60 pages when all written out (with the tables condensed to font size 2 so I don't have to keep scrollin') and not including images. Like WHAT? That's a lot. But the crazy thing is I've had fun the whole time and I'm really proud of the results. And now, the two guides I've posted have, combined, over 143,000 views. I'm just blown away.

This guide, the Higher Age Units Guide (updated today as well), and my new Beginner's Guide would never have even existed in my imagination, but here they are. I know I'm really rambling here, and I know most who read this won't care, but in a way writing all this stuff proves to myself that I can do it, and that I might not be too bad at it either. I hope to someday take this experience in writing and do something with it. Not sure what form exactly that will take, but hey! That's the fun of life. I guess what I want to say, in short, is that this experience has opened up a path for me that I never really considered before, and I probably wouldn't have been able to do that without writing this guide, getting feedback, and continuing to work on projects like these. So thank you, as much as I can emphasize it.

In short, I'm going to keep at it. I've grown greatly in confidence, and through writing these guides I know that when I put my mind to it, I can do it. That sounds incredibly cheesy, even to me, but it's true. And for anyone out there who wants to try something, but doesn't think they'll be good at it, go for it. It's better to try and fail and work hard to improve than to never try at all.

Ironically, my mindset is summed up in the short quote I've had in my signature for ages (see what I did there?). "You do not need to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." Little did I know when I found that quote that I'd associate so deeply with it now. So I guess try something new. Push yourself just that much harder. What you find might surprise you.

Once again, thank you for a really great two years, and I hope that it continues. This year, I hope to put out a total of three (or more?) new guides (one released today!) directed at helping players directly with where they are in the game and with what to do next.

Thank you all, and forge on!

-UBER​

Changelog
Oh wait... you all want a changelog. Right. Fine, here we go :D
  • Updated formatting of the titles to make them look better and to match my other guides
  • 100k views bonus! The settlement stories! Find them in Part 8!
  • Added Aztecs Pre-Endgame and Endgame layouts

Just An Observer

Feudal Japan for Negotiators and those who want to work under time pressure is a choice. You could lose the time pressure, forget the secondary building and do Vikings for Ygg. Egypt will boost your troop numbers a la Traz. Which one sounds like your best fit QAE?