• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

Lady Gato

Yeah no diamonds. Looks like I am going to Japan next. So tired of Egypt and the stinking impediments.

qaccy

I still find Egypt to be the easiest of the three, simply because of how big the margin can be between completion and even the gold timer. I dunno about anyone else, but I was never able to finish a Vikings or Japan settlement in anywhere near half of the gold timer (usually cutting it pretty close, in fact). Even if the total time still ends up being slightly longer than a gold finish for the other two, Egypt feels a lot easier (and more enjoyable) to me for the simple reason that I don't really feel rushed trying to complete it.

Just An Observer

I have finished Feudal Japan with max reward with 3 days to spare. How did that happen? Getting those 4x bonuses in abundance! They came up both for production and at the Merchant. It makes me wonder if one can catch lightning in a bottle for the Viking settlement? Hard or easy, that is where I head to after finishing the Feudal Japan deal in early September.

Farfle the smelly

I have finished Feudal Japan with max reward with 3 days to spare. How did that happen? Getting those 4x bonuses in abundance! They came up both for production and at the Merchant. It makes me wonder if one can catch lightning in a bottle for the Viking settlement? Hard or easy, that is where I head to after finishing the Feudal Japan deal in early September.
You know, it kept saying that it was ‘possible’ but I still haven’t gotten anything over the norm. Yet? Thanks for keeping the hope alive! Lol

Nicholas002

why would anyone spend 800 diamonds to unlock the second emissary slot? even the best emissary (1 FP) is not nearly worth that.

DevaCat

why would anyone spend 800 diamonds to unlock the second emissary slot? even the best emissary (1 FP) is not nearly worth that.
Often seems to me that Inno is over optimistic in assessing demand when assigning a diamond price to whatever, but then value is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen a number of players who surely wouldn't bat an eye at the cost of a second slot -- not when it's clear that they are comfortable with whipping out a credit card to place a dozen Tholoi and 18 Ships etc. each event. I wouldn't buy that second slot either, but I am very glad there are people who do. I hope all of them keep spending!

Nicholas002

Impatience? But Inno knows their mark rather well. Someone pays for me to play, and it’s usually not me. ;)
I’d say stupidity, not impatience. Even if I were a diamond buyer, I would still never pay 800 diamonds to get at best an extra FP per day. Events are where bought diamonds could be justified. (Not for me, but maybe for others).

ODragon

FWIW, i bought one only because I wanted to see if there was only one to buy or lots of them. I'm a free player with all emissaries, all diamond expansions unlocked and 20K+ diamonds banked. I've got no other use for them at the moment.

Nicholas002

FWIW, i bought one only because I wanted to see if there was only one to buy or lots of them. I'm a free player with all emissaries, all diamond expansions unlocked and 20K+ diamonds banked. I've got no other use for them at the moment.
Tsk tsk. All those diamonds you spent on emissaries could have gotten you several russioi tracks in the soccer event. Or whatever prize you want. Surely that would be better than 3 goods or a few medals?

Lady Gato

You need a Diamond Dancer - for the player who has everything else. :)