• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

-Sebastian-

My question is, how can I set things up so that the red flag doesn't pop up over the settlement boat?

It used to be that if you started a settlement and never did anything, you could leave it alone. But now the Embassies all produce coins every 24 hours, Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

But seriously, does anyone know a way to get this to stop?

Triopoly Champion

Japan is easier than Egypt, Viking is harder, if you want to ahead of time limit without diamond.
The first major reward of the Viking Settlement comes in upon the completion of quest 5, but it's quest 6 for the Japanese settlement for the similar unlocks, thus take more time to recur-harvesting the similar type of fps and goods there.

Nicholas002

The first major reward of the Viking Settlement comes in upon the completion of quest 5, but it's quest 6 for the Japanese settlement for the similar unlocks, thus take more time to recur-harvesting the similar type of fps and goods there.
That strategy was awesome back when the first Viking milestone was 20 FPs. Now that they switched it to goods, it is much better to just finish the settlement and get the ygg.

Triopoly Champion

That strategy was awesome back when the first Viking milestone was 20 FPs. Now that they switched it to goods, it is much better to just finish the settlement and get the ygg.
I must admit that temporary 20 fps policy decided my destiny back then. My Arc was at level 11 when the Viking settlement first became available. The reward switched to the current age goods at the moment my Arc reached level 74 in U.S. Mount Killmore.

I probably won't be able to do that again, but hey, 1 level 80+ Arc is good enough for me check off my assignment from @Algona.

Distant Calliope

I was thinking about placing it as a boost to the random unit production. I don't have a Traz yet and its going to be awhile before I get one. I have the prints but its huge and I don't want to spend anymore FPs buying goods.

Distant Calliope

So the consensus is, not worth it on the BH? I have not begun yet. I have been focused in Vikings and getting my Yggdrasil built up. I did notice one of the Viking emissaries give you a unit. I was under the impression that the Bathhouse gave more. This is from other players in my guild.

P C C

So the consensus is, not worth it on the BH? I have not begun yet. I have been focused in Vikings and getting my Yggdrasil built up. I did notice one of the Viking emissaries give you a unit. I was under the impression that the Bathhouse gave more. This is from other players in my guild.
Fully upgraded, the Royal Bathhouse gives you 12 FP daily from a 4x3 space plus 10 military units if it is motivated. (It doesn't have high priority so you may need to use a self aid kit on it depending on your city and guild/friends/hood.) For my part, I built it when the FP were better than what I was replacing. I think that was before I had Traz, though I completed it afterwards. Also, the Egypt secondary building, ancient obelisk, is only 2x2 and gives you 2 FP plus defense bonus for your attacking armies.

Alpha Persei

just found out that the settlements have a resource overview chart. gosh i feel stupid ...

anyway, my feudal japan settlement is going great ! i'm trying to rush through the settlements so i gather the upgrades quick . gave up on the Egypt settlement because it was being a pain and a struggle to handle . really don't like the idea of having sediments in the way and having to have to spend diamonds to get rid of them .

Vger

gave up on the Egypt settlement because it was being a pain and a struggle to handle . really don't like the idea of having sediments in the way and having to have to spend diamonds to get rid of them .
I just finished Egypt a few days ago. Love that lvl 6 bathhouse.
Didn't spend any diamonds to finish it.
Always finished with several days left on the clock, never any time pressure.
Finished a few of them where I had a removal tool left over, didn't need it.
You just have to pick which expansions to open up carefully.

Alpha Persei

I just finished Egypt a few days ago. Love that lvl 6 bathhouse.
Didn't spend any diamonds to finish it.
Always finished with several days left on the clock, never any time pressure.
Finished a few of them where I had a removal tool left over, didn't need it.
You just have to pick which expansions to open up carefully.
[/QUO

wait u finished it within the time they gave u wow . also , u get the bathhouse from completing the Egypt settlement ? no wonder it's so hard . i guess i might try it again

Wobblist

Im only on my 3rd run, and my last quest is to collect 10 of each product (Japanese settlement).. just when I needed it LEAST they gave back to back 4x collections! Trolls over at Inno!

Super Catanian

Im only on my 3rd run, and my last quest is to collect 10 of each product (Japanese settlement).. just when I needed it LEAST they gave back to back 4x collections! Trolls over at Inno!
For this reason, when I get to that Quest, I use the 4-hour productions (with 4 different Goods Buildings, a total of 8 productions). If one of them gets hit with the bonus, I don't need to keep producing the respective Cultural Good and I save 1.000 Koban Coins (not that I need to worry about saving them by that time anyways).