• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

UBERhelp1

17 and a half days as of typing this. Finished getting Flowers and am just waiting to expand further. These Impediments are just...

Several hours ago, I finally built the Chariot Workshop. Just now, I also placed down the Camel Barn. So 4 Military Buildings, and 2 Goods Buildings. Fighting's about to get a lot easier from now on.

Over 30.000 Deben, I have. A bit too much, but then again, I always get overkill in the Settlements. Once finished an FJ one with over 60K Koban Coins upon departing. It's the picture of the endgame layout of the CS Guide (see my sig*), which UBER was kind enough to place there.

*I think that's four shots now.
Balance, balance, balance. Instead of diplomacy buildings, put down more military or goods buildings.

For my settlement right now, to sum it up in one meme:

-Sebastian-

About those Egyptian fights.... With the easy and medium fights, I tend to pick my attacking army based on the unit bonuses, and leaning toward ranged attacks if possible. Usually it's archers plus camels, or archers plus khopesh, and I can finish both easy and medium fights while taking very little damage, and losing no units, so I don't have to spend deben on recruitment.

But the hard fights are different. I've tried a few, but I keep taking heavy losses, so even if I survive the 1st wave, I'm not strong enough to beat the 2nd. When I look at the unit bonuses, I see that the hard fights are designed so that elephants (heavy) seem like the perfect unit to use, and that makes sense because they're the last unit type that we get. And I'll have them tomorrow, but I'd like to figure out a way to reliably beat the hard fights without them.

Archers (artillery) seem like a bad idea, because 2 of the 3 unit types will have bonuses against them. War Chariots (fast) seem like they'd be a good idea, but whenever I use them, they tend to get wiped out quickly in the first wave. Khopesh (light) are usually good survivors, but have trouble chasing down units with ranged attacks. And camels (ranged) are nice because of their range and their "Contact!" ability, but they don't seem to do well against war chariots or other camels.

Am I missing something big, here? Should I try keeping my war chariots back during the 1st wave, so they're still alive in the 2nd wave? Do any of you have success stories?

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 when do you think you should move onto medium fights in Egypt if you started with the fighting setup from your guide ?
Honestly, you should be able to do medium fights as soon as you have the attached units to make an army (or sooner, using the unattached units if you are good at manually fighting). Currently, I've found that Nubian archers are extremely useful, and they are my main unit of choice. However, you do have to be careful with unit bonuses. Don't put artillery against units that have boosts against artillery. That won't be pretty.

WinnerGR

Honestly, you should be able to do medium fights as soon as you have the attached units to make an army (or sooner, using the unattached units if you are good at manually fighting). Currently, I've found that Nubian archers are extremely useful, and they are my main unit of choice. However, you do have to be careful with unit bonuses. Don't put artillery against units that have boosts against artillery. That won't be pretty.
Thank you that was very helpful I think you should add it too the guide .

-Sebastian-

Just beat my first Egyptian hard fight. I used 4 elephants and 4 war chariots. 2 of the chariots died, but all my elephants are still alive. They're *tough*, and their special ability means they can sometimes kill a camel in a single hit. Just like Conan. :)

Super Catanian

Just beat my first Egyptian hard fight. I used 4 elephants and 4 war chariots. 2 of the chariots died, but all my elephants are still alive. They're *tough*, and their special ability means they can sometimes kill a camel in a single hit. Just like Conan. :)
Wow, awesome! I still haven't gotten to the War Elephants yet. However, I have all the other 4 Military Buildings, and all slots are currently unlocked and all Units trained. Besides those, I still have 2 unnattached Khopesh Fighters and Mounted Camel Archers each.

EDIT: Two War Chariots died in the Hard battle just now, as well as a Nubian Archer. But that was a good fight, and I feel like I'm getting the hang of it more and more!

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

i decided for now all ge diamonds will go towards eygpt settlement(mainly impedement reover)cause im really bad at this, and uberhelp guide is Very little help...

-Sebastian-

You sure? I'm doing just fine with the free ones I've gotten so far...

Me too. I'm not doing anything fancy, just expanding in a big rectangle, and all I really do is try to figure out which impediment I think is the most annoying. So when I get a removal tool from the quests, I get rid of that one, and start figuring out which of the remaining impediments is the most annoying. It seems to work pretty well. :)

DeletedUser36145

I am finishing all goods production needed for development in 16 hours, but then I will have to wait at least one more day, or maybe two, to gather the loot needed for the final quests (20 and 23) and will have to do nothing during that time. Just wait for the battles to become available. That is, unless I get lucky and hit x4 on one of today's battles. Actually, that is the least favorite part of the settlement for me - having to wait for loot to continue production. If it was't for that bottleneck, the whole run-through could have been finished in more than 10 days before the gold deadline.
The other thing, like the previous settlements, is that many of the buildings are not needed at all in turns of production and is enough just to be placed to fulfill a quest and than deleted forever.
All in all, pretty unbalanced and unfinished feature, not to mention the bugs and the mediocre main prize.