• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

Super Catanian

Progress regarding completed Cultural Settlements will go here!

Due to real life, I've been mildly active with the Cultural Settlements feature. However, I'm two Settlements shy of getting the maxed out Shinto Temple. I've only done two Viking Settlements. Currently, I'm still in the middle of an Ancient Egyptian Settlement. After doing my first fight (easy, of course), I got the x4 bonus, leaving me with a lot of Loot at where I'm sitting at currently. Pics coming soon.

Algona

The first three days of Egypt were for the most part fun. The exception being the frustrating hour I spent trying to find where INNO had hidden my Loot.

First day is a hazy memory of Umbling* , followed UBER's first setup, won a couple battles, added 2 Expansions (cleared both, 1 Diamond, couldn;t resist) built stuff.

Yesterday built the Pottery and dropped many Expansions, cleared out another Impediment (not Diamond, will try to avoid that.) I suspect that developing a strong sense of which Impediments to clear will be a big factor trying to finish later iterations in shorter times.

Today the story was Multistory. (I made a funny!)

Got a lot of disconnected Housing, (mostly in the outskirts tucked around the many impediments) trying to rack up as many Debens with Divine Statues as possible. Chariot Barracks added to the other three, 1 Grain, 1 Pottery. Now to learn how to beat the tough fights.

Not excited about the limit on Loot bottlenecking Goods production meaning the tech tree seems to be a long drawn out process. Lucky to have hit a 4x Loot to keep a second Goods producer going.

Seems like 4x Loot is a lot better then 4x Goods since 4x Loot enables more chances at 4x Goods.

Looks a bit grindy for a while, two Goods Buildings will take a while t5 days with no 4x Goods and 2 Goods Buildings) to unlock Flowers to unlock more Expansions.

Will need to do a bit of experience and planning to figure out optimal Debin : Goods : Troops ratios.

And fighting. Lot to learn there. And a lot more Umbling.

Fitting that I'm doing Egypt in the in the Experimental city.

*The Curse of Umble. Any time I do anything when I don't have a strong knowledge and plan of what I am doing I add a letter or two to the front of 'Umble':and proceed to: Fumble, Bumble, Stumble, Grumble, Tumble... :D

Super Catanian

Wow, nice progress @Algona!

I've fought seven fights so far, including the first Hard fight available for me. Had a Camel Barn at one point, but got rid of it, seeing as how I still had 4 unattached Mounted Camel Archers at the time. Got the x4 bonus on Loot once, allowing me to have a Grain Farm and a Pottery (kinda weird how the production options for the latter don't match the pictures, visual bug maybe?) at the same time.

Currently have 15 Simple Clay Huts (connected; even if they weren't I wouldn't have much space for anything useful anyways) and 3 Divine Statues. I've only used the one free Pickaxe I've gotten so far. 8 Quests in with 25 days and 19 left as of writing this.

That one Quest that gives 25 Barley helped out greatly when unlocking the Pottery.

3 unattached Mounted Camel Archers and 2 unattached Khopesh Fighters from my starting Units are still alive. Currently possess one each of a Training Camp and a Nubian Archery Range. All slots unlocked and all units there trained already. Won't be spending my 4K+ Deben soon...

Cheap expansions helped out as well. Not very pleased of the Impediments situation, but at least I can always use the same layout everytime, as it seems to be very effective. When I get my second free Pickaxe, I think I know which Impediment I'll use it in, but not 100% sure as of now. Hopefully by tomorrow I can get enough Barley to unlock the next tech. Won't be buying expansions for a short while.

Algona

I currently have over 3.000 Loot, so I don't know if I should be worried or not (probably not LOL).

Me too, 3600, been running 2 Goods producers. I've been able to do 2 fights every day, sometimes 3, and was lucky enough to hit a 4x loot early on.

Got Flowers, opened 3 more Expansions, added more pop and now running Flowers, Grain, and Pottery. 9K debens, stacking that up fast, no longer sweating building an occasional road.

4 Barracks. Still learning how to fight. Like 3 khopesh teams with a unit with range. Move 1 into position and not attack then attack with the other two and finish with the ranged unit.

Super Catanian

Same here. Over 10K Deben in stock, but no space to put a Chariot Workshop in. 2 Goods Buildings and 2 Military Buildings sustained by several residentials and 5 Divine Statues.

Enjoying so far.

DeletedUser36145

I have three military and four goods buildings and lots of coins and loot, but actually built the two additional goods buildings only yesterday and will delete one of them as soon as I get the goods for the next two developments.
The first few days did only the first two battles, but after getting the camels, I have no problem with the third as well. Now I have just deleted the archers and will try chariots. Only problem is, they take so much time to build, so I will be able to use them no sooner than tomorrow. I don't think elephants will be needed at all.
It is interesting so far, but very slow and I don't think I will continue after the first run through, unless the main building is changed. And significantly, like the Yggdrassil had been, not some minor change. Like it is now, it is too weak to spend 8 months for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Catanian

I recently discovered that if a Khopesh Fighter fights another Khopesh Fighter, they will boost each other because of the Swarm ability. Weird, but cool...

UBERhelp1

I recently discovered that if a Khopesh Fighter fights another Khopesh Fighter, they will boost each other because of the Swarm ability. Weird, but cool...
That's probably a bug, but interesting. I suppose it evens out though, since they get both attack and defense iirc.

DeletedUser41916

I got to 15th (out of 23) quest and 5 advancements left but and I'm stuck. I have all the goods production up to now but I it's the 2nd day I cannot win any fight and no loot - that means no production that means I'm totally stuck.
It looks to me more and more like a lost cause.

Algona

I got to 15th (out of 23) quest and 5 advancements left but and I'm stuck. I have all the goods production up to now but I it's the 2nd day I cannot win any fight and no loot - that means no production that means I'm totally stuck.
It looks to me more and more like a lost cause.

You are way ahead of me, I'm still working on Res Block.

Have you tried dismissing the armies you can;t beat? How many barracks and what troop types are you running?

Or do the fights get tougher as you advance?

DeletedUser41916

You are way ahead of me, I'm still working on Res Block.

Have you tried dismissing the armies you can;t beat? How many barracks and what troop types are you running?

Or do the fights get tougher as you advance?

I have one of each type of barracks (the space is at a super premium as it is) and the fights get harder and harder up to the point I am in right now - I see no other way out. I'm seriously thinking to delete the settlement (and forget the resource losses I have accumulated).

DeletedUser41916

I have one of each type of barracks (the space is at a super premium as it is) and the fights get harder and harder up to the point I am in right now - I see no other way out. I'm seriously thinking to delete the settlement (and forget the resource losses I have accumulated).

After two day with unwinnable fights, I got one win and could restart some production. Let's see how it goes now. It's still a drag and I think I will not get back to it even if I finish this time.

WinnerGR

I tend to use mostly Nubians and Khopesh fighters. I only have four barracks, 3 Nubian and 1 Khopesh, and manage to win every fight with few losses. You really have to know how to manually fight to win these. Use terrain and unit bonuses to your advantage.
Same strategy here .

Super Catanian

17 and a half days as of typing this. Finished getting Flowers and am just waiting to expand further. These Impediments are just...

Several hours ago, I finally built the Chariot Workshop. Just now, I also placed down the Camel Barn. So 4 Military Buildings, and 2 Goods Buildings. Fighting's about to get a lot easier from now on.

Over 30.000 Deben, I have. A bit too much, but then again, I always get overkill in the Settlements. Once finished an FJ one with over 60K Koban Coins upon departing. It's the picture of the endgame layout of the CS Guide (see my sig*), which UBER was kind enough to place there.

*I think that's four shots now.