• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

Vger

So I was randomly in my kitchen ten minutes ago and I literally thought to myself ‘too bad I can’t move to the Japan settlement’, because it looks so peaceful!
Maybe if I followed this thread more closely, I would already know. But why can't you move to Japan right now?
Japan is peaceful, easy to do (although I'm finding Egypt even easier just because of the insane amount of extra time they give you).
I think if I was sorta new to this game, I would round robin the 3 settlements. I think it would reduce the inevitable tedium from doing the same one again and again.

ODragon

Tsk tsk. All those diamonds you spent on emissaries could have gotten you several russioi tracks in the soccer event. Or whatever prize you want. Surely that would be better than 3 goods or a few medals?
Probably but the diamonds keep coming and my desire to buy stuff is low. And I hated that event so didn't even try to get tracks.

generalwoo

I’d say stupidity, not impatience. Even if I were a diamond buyer, I would still never pay 800 diamonds to get at best an extra FP per day. Events are where bought diamonds could be justified. (Not for me, but maybe for others).

800 diamonds is a drop in the bucket for a diamond buyer. At princely offer rates, that's less than $2. Wouldn't surprise me if someone felt it was worth getting an extra FP a day.

Farfle the smelly

Maybe if I followed this thread more closely, I would already know. But why can't you move to Japan right now?
Japan is peaceful, easy to do (although I'm finding Egypt even easier just because of the insane amount of extra time they give you).
I think if I was sorta new to this game, I would round robin the 3 settlements. I think it would reduce the inevitable tedium from doing the same one again and again.
I meant physically move to the settlement IRL. Because I’m a total dweeb. Running a gallery in Japan would certainly beat working from home in the heat of summer stuck in my condo with a bored dog. Siiiigh. But yes, I enjoy myself for the five minutes I play there, immensely. ;)

Nicholas002

I am on viking 7, going for the YGG, but I am almost burned out of vikings.
maybe I will take a break and try Japan for a change of scenery.

edit: just looked at the prize timeline, and in my next 4 settlements, there are 3 ygg upgrades. I might finish those, get ygg to 7, then take a break,do japan, then come back and finish the last 5 settlements for the last 2 ygg upgrades.

qaccy

Often seems to me that Inno is over optimistic in assessing demand when assigning a diamond price to whatever, but then value is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen a number of players who surely wouldn't bat an eye at the cost of a second slot -- not when it's clear that they are comfortable with whipping out a credit card to place a dozen Tholoi and 18 Ships etc. each event. I wouldn't buy that second slot either, but I am very glad there are people who do. I hope all of them keep spending!
I dunno, I think Inno's actually rather inconsistent with their diamond prices. Things like scouting, refreshing the Dealer (the first time), the collect all function, the 'premium' impediment removals in Egypt, and extra negotiation turns are all practically free. Even expansions for the most part are pretty cheap, and they're almost objectively the best thing to spend diamonds on (talking about the main city here of course, not settlements ;)).

But even with emissary slots relatively being a lot more expensive, I feel that for a one-time cost that extra emissary bonus will pay itself off eventually. It has to, right?

DevaCat

I dunno, I think Inno's actually rather inconsistent with their diamond prices. Things like scouting, refreshing the Dealer (the first time), the collect all function, the 'premium' impediment removals in Egypt, and extra negotiation turns are all practically free. Even expansions for the most part are pretty cheap, and they're almost objectively the best thing to spend diamonds on (talking about the main city here of course, not settlements ;)).

But even with emissary slots relatively being a lot more expensive, I feel that for a one-time cost that extra emissary bonus will pay itself off eventually. It has to, right?
Shhh not so loud (talking about good diamond pricing -- I'm superstitious and they might change them)!

I agree. And over in the Tiny Town thread someone pointed out that since you can't have more expansions in those cities, adding an emissary slot is like adding an expansion, thus worth diamonds.

ffblackice

Just completed 11th Viking with lots of 4X, the most one day got 3 of 4x goods, I finished 3 days ahead of the first time limit.
Hopefully I have the same luck on my 12th Viking.

qaccy

Just completed 11th Viking with lots of 4X, the most one day got 3 of 4x goods, I finished 3 days ahead of the first time limit.
Hopefully I have the same luck on my 12th Viking.
I went back to Vikings like I said I would to finish up maxing a third Greater Runestone, and I think I've completely forgotten how to play it because I'm getting my butt kicked. I'm not even gonna be close to making the gold timer without spending a whole bunch of diamonds. I only fell to silver once in my journey to max out Yggdrasil, so I think Egypt has spoiled me to the point that I can't do the other two anymore!

Distant Calliope

Egyptian bath house question here.

Does the bath house produce units (like Traz & Villa) from what you have in your city? Or does it produce "special units" like Barbarians? Or does it produce units specific to your age in general?
I was going to build it but someone said they got barbarians. I'm in LMA I don't think I want that.

Nicholas002

It
Egyptian bath house question here.

Does the bath house produce units (like Traz & Villa) from what you have in your city? Or does it produce "special units" like Barbarians? Or does it produce units specific to your age in general?
I was going to build it but someone said they got barbarians. I'm in LMA I don't think I want that.
produces random units of your age, including special units, like the dojo and villa do.

traz is the only one that is affected by the types of barracks you have.

qaccy

IMHO, if you're putting out the bathhouse for troops, you're doing it wrong. They're a bonus, the FP efficiency is where its at!
I don't think there's anything 'wrong' with building it for the units. If the end result is having it built, does it matter what the reasons are?

ODragon

I don't think there's anything 'wrong' with building it for the units. If the end result is having it built, does it matter what the reasons are?
Well the person isn't going to place it due to the units it might produce so yes, I feel s/he is looking at it wrong.

-Sebastian-

In my main world, I've finished 12 playthroughs of Ancient Egypt, and 15+ of the others. I'm stopping doing settlements there. My question is, how can I set things up so that the red flag doesn't pop up over the settlement boat?

It used to be that if you started a settlement and never did anything, you could leave it alone. But now the Embassies all produce coins every 24 hours, Does anyone know of a way to get around this?