• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

AAA12AAA

Vikings pro tip: Burn the boat before you reach the settlement, you'll be glad you did! :p

Yea, exactly midway through the Viking settlement and so far had only ONE - x4, and the most glorious thing is that its x4 - 19.5%.
Not far from going berserk! Pun intended)

CaptainKirk1234

I am almost done with my last egypt settlement and I usually build 2 archers, and fight the 1st and 2nd battles, I build 3 grain farms the first 2 days, and stock pile 600. I then repeat with the needed amount for the other goods. then I build a ton of palms and unlock everything in 1 day. I then do everything needed to finish the qeustline making sure to not sell archers, which will be needed to get 300 loot later on.

Last edited:

Joeyjojojo

...build 3 grain farms the first 2 days, and stock pile 600. I then repeat with the needed amount for the other goods. then I build a ton of palms and unlock everything in 1 day...
I may be misunderstanding this but...

I suppose if you aren't interested in the time rewards this is an easy way to run Egypt, but if you aren't unlocking as you can and building new goods buildings then you won't be able to get the expansions and pickaxes as early and the earlier you can expand the faster overall.

CaptainKirk1234

I may be misunderstanding this but...

I suppose if you aren't interested in the time rewards this is an easy way to run Egypt, but if you aren't unlocking as you can and building new goods buildings then you won't be able to get the expansions and pickaxes as early and the earlier you can expand the faster overall.
Not true, do a few of the expansions imediately than wait, I always get the first time reward with no diamonds.

PlaneJanes

Honestly. Have you ever set an alarm at 3am to make sure production finished and restarted or the new building was built. Or did you just spend diamonds to complete constructions faster. I did Vikings enough to get a level 5 greater runestone. But it was killing me. I have a level of apprehension everytime I start another level. As if I'm asking myself....do I really want to babysit this game day in and out for 13 days just to get one more runestone level? At some point I said....na.....
I am doing vikings now and I was wondering if you have to spend diamonds to unlock buildings? If you dont finish the quests on time do you lose everything and have to start over?

Super Catanian

I am doing vikings now and I was wondering if you have to spend diamonds to unlock buildings? If you dont finish the quests on time do you lose everything and have to start over?
If you don't finish within the time limit(s), you'll still get the main rewards (Yggdrasil and its levels, Emissaries and their slots) as long as you complete the Settlement at all. The time limit is only to get Fragments the secondary Building (Greater Runestone).

nchou

This thread is a bit old, but I just started the Japan settlement after finishing the Viking colony, any tips?

Lothar123

Is anyone (still) doing Mughals? I maxed out the main prize of each of the four previous settlements, and even did extras of most of them to top up my remaining time reward, but one run-through of Mughals was enough for me, at least barring a significant rework.

Darkest.Knight

Doing my 5th time thru Mughal, it's just slow in the beginning and have had between 3-5 days to spare when finished. I'm not quite sure why players find it any different than the rest, it's not quite as easy as the Japanese settlement but quicker than some of the others.

Gypsy Grace

It seems like I saw a Viking settlement plan that laid out what to do to complete in less time than required for the timed reward. It planted and gathered everything and then you just run the quest line at the end. This is different than the one posted by UBERhelp. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Darkest.Knight

I've completed all the settlements and didn't find any were too difficult to get thru in time. Japanese was easiest, which was nice for getting extra Timeless Dojos, put up 12 of them since I didn't bother w/alc until after finishing story questline. I hardly remember Viking Settlement so I don't think it was a stumper. Each required just a bit different approach but were easy after the first round thru. I don't spend diamonds to speed things up, but if ur diamond rich, could go thru really fast.
Had to remind myself, Viking Settlement is a grind but the Tree is worth it. The extra rune for finishing on time is no big shake, I sold all of mine in the market.

Last edited: