• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] CVS and Dollar Tree?

Johnnie

What kind of card would a person purchase at CVS or Dollar Tree to purchase packs in the FOE game? I don't understand:confused:

Super Catanian

But inno is in germany and it's international most visa won't let through international purchases.
I'm no expert, but I belive this can still be done in a sense. However, it might be slightly more expensive due to customs fees caused from exchange of products (even virtual producs) internationally. Someone will be able to explains this in better detail than myself.

UBERhelp1

What the OP is referring to is the ability of a player to buy diamonds and in-game stuff with gift cards for CVS and Dollar General. This is through a service called "Openbucks."

Basically, you buy a gift card to CVS or Dollar General. Select the offer you would like to buy, and then select "gift cards" as the payment method. Select your card type. Then, you can enter in the gift card information and voila! You've paid for the purchase. Note that this only currently applies for physical gift cards, Openbucks removed their support for digital cards (you now have to go through their own service to do this).

Additionally, you can create an Openbucks account and load your balance using Walmart (I think only certain stores, though), Advance America, Money Gram, or Ace Cash Express. Then, you can use this balance to make purchases in game.

Now, a note from me:
Sadly, there are only two types of gift cards you can pay with. I hope that this selection is expanded, it would greatly improve the service.

Any more questions? :p

[EDIT] Be careful with CVS though, you might become mummified in the receipt.

Johnnie

What the OP is referring to is the ability of a player to buy diamonds and in-game stuff with gift cards for CVS and Dollar General. This is through a service called "Openbucks."

Basically, you buy a gift card to CVS or Dollar General. Select the offer you would like to buy, and then select "gift cards" as the payment method. Select your card type. Then, you can enter in the gift card information and voila! You've paid for the purchase. Note that this only currently applies for physical gift cards, Openbucks removed their support for digital cards (you now have to go through their own service to do this).

Additionally, you can create an Openbucks account and load your balance using Walmart (I think only certain stores, though), Advance America, Money Gram, or Ace Cash Express. Then, you can use this balance to make purchases in game.

Now, a note from me:
Sadly, there are only two types of gift cards you can pay with. I hope that this selection is expanded, it would greatly improve the service.

Any more questions? :p

[EDIT] Be careful with CVS though, you might become mummified in the receipt.
Yes, thank you it does answer my question;):D

DeletedUser

It shouldn't but, it shows up as out of the country and automatically stops payments regardless of the currencies.
I have bought Diamonds many times over the last 5+ years and have never had an issue with making the purchase using a credit card. No payments stopped or rejected, and no surcharge for foreign purchases. (I do live in the good ol' USA, too.)

DeletedUser34893

Inno may be in Germany, but the payments accepted are shown and your country does not matter.
You couldn't be more wrong. You should control your bad habit of responding to every question or concern with lousy advise or rude comments.
There are restrictions on International purchases and each financial institution has their own set of rules and guidelines. The OP is wise to read the fine print. Your best bet might be to open a secured credit card account from a bank that allows these purchases.

Agent327

You couldn't be more wrong. You should control your bad habit of responding to every question or concern with lousy advise or rude comments.
There are restrictions on International purchases and each financial institution has their own set of rules and guidelines. The OP is wise to read the fine print. Your best bet might be to open a secured credit card account from a bank that allows these purchases.

If there are restrictions it isn't because Inno is in Germany. Restrictions are the ones of your country. The payment options you get are the ones available in your country. I can buy diamonds on any server I want without a problem. Only restriction I have is that I need to pay in euro's, where paying in dollars on the US server would be cheaper for me.

That's how it works on PC. On the app it might be different, but on the app you are not buying from Inno.

UBERhelp1

If there are restrictions it isn't because Inno is in Germany. Restrictions are the ones of your country. The payment options you get are the ones available in your country. I can buy diamonds on any server I want without a problem. Only restriction I have is that I need to pay in euro's, where paying in dollars on the US server would be cheaper for me.

That's how it works on PC. On the app it might be different, but on the app you are not buying from Inno.
You can use a VPN to get around that issue.

Dominoris

I have bought Diamonds many times over the last 5+ years and have never had an issue with making the purchase using a credit card. No payments stopped or rejected, and no surcharge for foreign purchases. (I do live in the good ol' USA, too.)
I have yet to have any credit card work. 2 Visas, 1 MC and of course American Express is not even accepted.

I found this thread because I am obviously having problems and wondering what is the best way to buy diamonds.

Johnny B. Goode

I have yet to have any credit card work. 2 Visas, 1 MC and of course American Express is not even accepted.

I found this thread because I am obviously having problems and wondering what is the best way to buy diamonds.
I did use PayPal for a while. That should take care of any international purchase problem, I would think.

wolfhoundtoo

Some cards there are issues even if you call them. I found that AMEX works best for me (as it worked) whereas my visa card wouldn't do it for some reason (even after I called them and they said it would work). Likely it depends on how much risk the card issuer is willing to take since overseas transaction is sometimes a sign of fraud. Then again a few years ago my card wouldn't work in Virginia because I lived in California and they said it made no sense for me to be using my card at a store in Virginia (despite my calling them and notifying them that I was in fact going to Virginia). :p