• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cycling Recurring Quests- best ages?

DeletedUser36020

Hello again,

I have modelled my play after a slightly more casual version of the HQS strategy. Currently in HMA using the alchemists to roll out a lot of rq's a day. In the old HQ guide I know it said to camp in HMA and then colonial, and then the next best era is the future. Is this still true?

Any suggestions/input is appreciated!

DeletedUser31440

If working production buildings, HMA, LMA & CA are all very good places to stop. If you level up your Arc to 80 and join a locking group you can stop anywhere without any issues and pump out as many RQ's as you would want.

mamboking053

I'm currently in LMA and despite having less prod buildings than in HMA, I do way better in terms of gathering resources. I think the reason for this is because of the extra quest slot you get.

At least for me, at least a quarter to a third of the quest rewards you get are supplies. If you are an HQS'er than you have a city full of supplies and hardly need any more which makes this a dud reward for you. However, in LMA, if you have the 2 24hr quest in one slot with the "Gather supplies" quest in another slot, you can bank on those supplies because not only are you getting supplies from your prod buildings, you are also getting them from quest rewards.

I would also have my LoA up to at least 5 when doing this to max out as much as possible. SMB for collecting for things like event buildings and Shrines to up your UBQ numbers.

DeletedUser36020

For those of you in LMA. Do you still use the 24 hour x2 productions for the most part, as well as ubq? I think that is what most of you are saying, just want to make sure. Also, what criteria do I have to meet to get the second quest slot?

DeletedUser32824

I'm in LMA because it's the next most efficient age for unbirthday quests after iron age. (coins are pretty much irrelevant for me at this point, I have 100mil). I can earn 55k supplies from repeatable quests (lvl 70 CF), and only need to pay 10 per unbirthday quest. With just 200k supplies collected each day I can do 100 repeatable quests, giving about 35 FP. You also get a second repeatable quest slot in LMA which is super nice.

Now if you don't want to do a bunch of UBQs I'd pick HMA or Colonial because of the small footprint of the production buildings. I'd lean toward HMA, because that would leave LMA open to you if you ever wanted to try and do more UBQs.

The way I play now is I don't do any coin collect or supply collect quests when I do my daily city collection (because I can't always spend 25 minutes collecting my city at whatever time of the day it happens). Instead I put my time in doing UBQs whenever I want while doing spend FP quests during the day and using those quest rewards to get rewards in my second quest slot in LMA.

For the second quest slot I cleared out all the colonial and bonus sectors on the continent map (heading to inda). The story quest I stayed on is: "A Noble Lifestyle" which requires payment of 20k coins and building 10 potted plants.

I'm sure I could go further in the quest line, but I didn't want to push it back into side quests for the small rewards I might get for doing a couple more story quests.

Edit: This also nets you 2 colonial artillery, 2 colonial ranged and 5 colonial heavy units...in LMA! My city defense hasn't been breached since I moved to LMA and have 8 colonial defenders.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

For those of you in LMA. Do you still use the 24 hour x2 productions for the most part, as well as ubq? I think that is what most of you are saying, just want to make sure. Also, what criteria do I have to meet to get the second quest slot?

1 always on collect supplies, the other slot switches between produce 2x, spend fp's, gather coins etc.

To get the second RQ, that's been talked about extensively on numerous other threads, search for it.