• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily challenge bug

Saladene

Last night was Daylight Savings (DS) here in the USA. My daily challenge counter was counting down (after DS occurred). Instead of it counting down to be ready 24 hours after yesterday - which would make it ready 1 hour later than yesterdays' time (due to DS) - it was counting down to be ready 23 hours after yesterday. Ergo, my daily challenge starts at 8:00 am my time. DS made time here go 'ahead an hour'. That means that my daily challenge should have started at 9:00 am my time. This is minor, and actually fine with me.

When the daily challenge timer finished counting down to zero to become ready, it reset as it should to 24 hours. However, it states 'well done. come back soon for new daily challenge' , as if I completed todays' challenge. I obviously have not, and the Complete a challenge bar at bottom of this tab shows my progress as 2/7. Which is the same as yesterday. So, the daily challenge giver is saying gratz on today's challenge without giving me one, and without giving me credit for doing one.

Help, please.

KungQu

I had the same thing happen and there's a thread in forge hall where a couple of other folks had the same issue

DeletedUser38100

US just did it's annual "spring forward" and I lost my daily.

The code doesn't seem to be able to distinguish between a "I'm changing the time on my personal device (and thus lose a daily)" and everyone in the US just had their devices update because of daylight savings time.

I would think you'd be able to see that your servers updated their times and thus not penalize us on daylight savings changes by taking our dailies away.

Thurfyr

I play on IOS mobile devices.

DeletedUser37178

I had the same thing happen to me. Only difference is that my device didn't change times with the time change. I am still on Standard time not Daylight time.

DeletedUser35995

** WORKAROUND **

Open the Daily Challenge screen and click the gears icon in the upper right corner. Change your Daily Challenge time to the next hour coming up. Timer should adjust accordingly.

After you complete today's, presumably you can set the time back to whatever you wish.

DeletedUser33179

** WORKAROUND **

Open the Daily Challenge screen and click the gears icon in the upper right corner. Change your Daily Challenge time to the next hour coming up. Timer should adjust accordingly.

After you complete today's, presumably you can set the time back to whatever you wish.
When you change the DC timer backwards, you don't get the DC the next day. Instead, next DC shows up at the time you set but only after a full 24 hours has passed by first (so you still lose a day).

DeletedUser35995

When you change the DC timer backwards, you don't get the DC the next day. Instead, next DC shows up at the time you set but only after a full 24 hours has passed by first (so you still lose a day).
Did you try it? I set mine for an hour ahead and got my quest immediately.

lemur

I lost a Daily Challenge too.

Half the time I ignore them anyway. (Who really wants to babysit 75 5-minute productions?) But it might be the only way to complete a Cherry Garden set (if the rumor is true that InnoGames has abandoned it for the upcoming event).

DeletedUser33179

Did you try it? I set mine for an hour ahead and got my quest immediately.
Yes, I've done so in the past when starting a new city & that's what happens. You changed your time ahead & got a DC. But it must now cycle through a full 24 hours before you can get another one. If you change your start time again to something less than that 24 hours window, you don't get another DC until the full 24 hours are completed + whatever extra time needed to eventually cycle to your new start time. Essentially, like everyone else you last a DC day - you just put it off by 1 day.

DeletedUser33179

I lost a Daily Challenge too.

Half the time I ignore them anyway. (Who really wants to babysit 75 5-minute productions?) But it might be the only way to complete a Cherry Garden set (if the rumor is true that InnoGames has abandoned it for the upcoming event).
Don't believe such rumors (you'll have to go to beta forum to see upcoming events changes, as I can't give spoilers here).

Volodya

I also never got a new DC today. It's hardly a devastating loss, but it is rather annoying that Inno didn't anticipate this and compensate for it. I don't remember this happening last year, but maybe I just didn't notice.

DeletedUser35580

Also, collection time shifted one hour forward.... that is bigger issue for more ppl vs. missed DC.

PS I did not report it separately, as it is part of a same bug, as developers did not coded for US DST and testers did not though about that test case... Or US server not properly configured for US
PS2 How come it did not happened before, is it a new bug, with new code refactoring?

DeletedUser36624

Also, collection time shifted one hour forward.... that is bigger issue for more ppl vs. missed DC.
That's not a bug, as collection times are given in hours, not at a specific time of day. DST changeover didn't affect that at all.

DeletedUser13838

I'm assuming the clocks will change in 3 weeks when the europeans change move their clocks forward an hour.