• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenge - is it worth it?

DeletedUser37827

I just did my first daily challenge. The first task pretty much took my inventory and I had to pay!! There are two tasks for which I don't have links or further information. What on earth is the value of this? If someone has a good reason for it, then sure. If not, I am not interested.

RazorbackPirate

Consider the ability to complete the Daily Challenge every day as your city's baseline health check. If you're unable to complete the Daily Challenge with ease, no matter what's thrown at you, then you'll know the areas where your city still needs to improve. Completing the Daily Challenge Daily, will earn you valuable items for your city.

Congrats on your first DC and welcome to the game.

Algona

Consider the ability to complete the Daily Challenge every day as your city's baseline health check. If you're unable to complete the Daily Challenge with ease, no matter what's thrown at you, then you'll know the areas where your city still needs to improve. Completing the Daily Challenge Daily, will earn you valuable items for your city.

Congrats on your first DC and welcome to the game.

That's wonderful advice, especially the part about using DCs to check your city status. I don;t think i;d heard it phrased quite that way before. Elegant.

Oh, and, agreed. The prizes range from meh to top notch. DCs help city growth, not hinder, not hinder.

DeletedUser33179

Just do what you can with DCs, it takes time building up enough to do more & more of them. If you don't have plenty of goods to spare, skip those involving negotiations (& even those donating goods to guild treasury, depending on how low your supply is at the time). You'll only get DC tasks involving obtaining Map sectors if you have any provinces still with open/unclaimed sectors (so avoid just scouting ahead on the map until you really need it for something else). Even the few DCs that you can currently complete will add up over time.

DeletedUser37886

I just finished 7 DCs to get that main prize chest (or whatever it's called). Took me a long time to get it finally. OUt of all the decent prizes, I got 50 forge points. Sorry but I was pissed. The game just gives you FP for free!

RazorbackPirate

I just finished 7 DCs to get that main prize chest (or whatever it's called). Took me a long time to get it finally. Out of all the decent prizes, I got 50 forge points. Sorry but I was pissed. The game just gives you FP for free!
Congrats on completing your first Challenger's Chest. You did just win 2 days of free hourly FPs all at once.

Keep working on your city, so you get the 7-day Challenger's Chest every 7 days, then getting 50 FPs won't sting as much. Look at the tasks you can't complete easily and use those as a guide on where to focus your improvement. Every task can be mastered by building up your city or your skills in some meaningful way. Keep plugging away. It'll take a while to get there, but that's what will give you a strong, well rounded city.

Be aware, the requirements for each DC task increases with every age. They'll take more goods, coins, supplies, and FPs to complete. If you can't complete most DC tasks with ease in your current age, you're not ready to move up in age. Slow down, get strong and let DC be your guide.

Pretty soon you'll rather have 50 FPs then another Wishing Well or Rogue Hideout that will just sit in inventory. At least the FPs can be put to immediate use. I do remember the frustration starting out when I couldn't get a Rogue Hideout no matter how hard I tried or how many DCs I completed. Now that I have what I need, they don't have quite the same value.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8428

I just finished 7 DCs to get that main prize chest (or whatever it's called). Took me a long time to get it finally. OUt of all the decent prizes, I got 50 forge points. Sorry but I was pissed. The game just gives you FP for free!
FP are among the most valuable resources in the game. Keep playing - You'll come to appreciate each and every one of them.

Am I the only one who goes "Woo hoo! Jackpot!" when I get the 50 FPs? It's the thing I want most out of that chest.

Me too! lol

Actually, today I got a store building for completing my daily challenge. And since that was 7/7 challenges, I opened my challenger chest. I got 2 store buildings. Gee...thanks! I did NOT go Woo hoo! Jackpot! ;)

DeletedUser36624

If I had my way it would be 98% 50 FP, 1% Reno Kit, 1% 2 Store Buildings.

Bruadhin

Seriously? 50 FP is one of the best prizes in there.

DeletedUser32328

No such thing as too many forge points.

UBERhelp1

I needed store buildings a while back to get rid of few half completed sets, and other than that I never want them. The best prize from any DC, though, is the 100 FP from the Researcher's Chest. Nothing else like it.

Emberguard

Am I the only one who goes "Woo hoo! Jackpot!" when I get the 50 FPs? It's the thing I want most out of that chest.
Oh I'm not complaining about 50FPs :D As far as I'm concerned all the prizes at the end are of equal value depending on which world it's for. Just as long as it's not Noarsil as i've already got more rogue hideouts then I could place