• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenge - is it worth it?

Emberguard

There's such a thing as too much of anything :p But depending on your strategy it may be worth getting Store Buildings

DeletedUser32389

Consider the ability to complete the Daily Challenge every day as your city's baseline health check.
This is awesome advice. Another thing I want to add on this note is that daily challenges are a lot like the event challenges. The special events do get overwhelming, almost to the point of fatigue, but they render the best buildings for the space. I've built my city with considerations for completing the seasonal events, and that makes it easier to finish dailies. Even then, when I get 50 x 5 minute productions I don't waste my time. You have to decide if the potential juice is worth the squeeze.

Rogue hideouts are invaluable, getting a rogue hideout and an Alcatraz will change the game for you. Some of those event prizes are beyond valuable to the right player, it all depends

Algona

I <3 Store Buildoings. Champs Retrreats, managing traz+RH proportions, a favorite is Pavilion (where did I get that? I could look it up...) a tasty blast of Happiness at will. Once I went over 20 Stores I adopted a technique of storing Event Buildings and bringing them out for specific needs. I need space for Quest, store a TF.

Stores allow a flexibility that I've grown quite fond of.

DeletedUser32389

favorite is Pavilion (where did I get that? I could look it up...)
Such a pretty building, it came from the Mahatma Gandhi event

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Pavilion

Emberguard

I got 50 forge points. Sorry but I was pissed. The game just gives you FP for free!
To be fair, if you're only relying on the free FPs for your bar it'll take you 5 years to complete the game. If you take additional FPs you can finish in 1-2 years

Mustapha00

While I can see a good deal of validity in the "Use DCs to check the health of your city" argument, I'm not totally on board with it.

Is the inability to complete 83 5 minute productions really indicative of a poorly-functioning city?

DeletedUser3882

While I can see a good deal of validity in the "Use DCs to check the health of your city" argument, I'm not totally on board with it.

Is the inability to complete 83 5 minute productions really indicative of a poorly-functioning city?
You skip that one or the 27 4 hour productions, depending on if you feel the prize is worth the effort, BUT the point is, your ability TO complete this quest is directly indicative on your ability to easily complete event quests that follow the same format.

There’s rarely any event worth the effort to take part in if you’re going to end up not winning the main prize, or end up with a half-leveled or less upgradebale main prize.

Daily challenges (and recurring quests) are optional, but DEFINITELY set up your city to compete/complete in the bigger rewards. Your choice.

Graviton

Why would it be? That's the exception to the rule, as it's about time, not really about city production.

Czari

Since there is no longer a penalty to not complete a DC, I do the tasks on a given DC if it's something I'm doing anyway (collecting x amount of something) or something I can easily do that isn't major time-consuming. The payoff is generally a good prize to complete seven challenges so, for me, it's worth it even if I don't do some of the DC's.