• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily challenges and other time sinks

Pericles the Lion

In warfare, "casualty" means killed or injured. I think @spartacus2.0 means only killed when he refers to casualties. Except in a few specific matchups (e.g all arty versus all heavies) there's no way to avoid troops getting injured.

Emberguard

I am 2126/1442 on attack and I still don't get no damage on attacks , must be a boost that I don't know about
They said no *casualties*, not no damage. You will always get a minimum of 1 damage (assuming you get hit), but you can easily get no casualties. Just might be swapping out troops regularly from damage so they stay alive

Sharmon the Impaler

The units can’t be injured , they are virtual. An injured (damaged in this case) unit is a casualty whether killed or not. Since when in warfare is an injured soldier not a casualty ?

Emberguard

The units can’t be injured , they are virtual. An injured (damaged in this case) unit is a casualty whether killed or not. Since when in warfare is an injured soldier not a casualty ?
Googling the official definition, casualty means you’re unable to serve in duty.

Which ok, not quite what I thought the term meant based on how I usually hear it used. However, if it simply means unit cannot continue fighting, then a injured unit isn’t automatically a casualty. It can be injured and casualty, BUT it’d only fit that criteria if it would be unfit to keep fighting another round. A lot of the time you can keep using the same units for several battles even if injured.

Snek

Googling the official definition, casualty means you’re unable to serve in duty.

Which ok, not quite what I thought the term meant based on how I usually hear it used. However, if it simply means unit cannot continue fighting, then a injured unit isn’t automatically a casualty. It can be injured and casualty, BUT it’d only fit that criteria if it would be unfit to keep fighting another round. A lot of the time you can keep using the same units for several battles even if injured.
Usually, I stop using unit's after they have lost 4 hitpoints. Usually that's 3+ battles, depending on my attrition.

ScreamingZiva

This morning, I logged in right after the GE started. I hit my daily challenge and got "Solve all encounters of difficulty II in the Guild Expedition".

I know I can swap this out but I've never seen the GE II one before.

Kranyar the Mysterious

This morning, I logged in right after the GE started. I hit my daily challenge and got "Solve all encounters of difficulty II in the Guild Expedition".

I know I can swap this out but I've never seen the GE II one before.
I hate that one on my main, especially when you don't get the option to change it out. The first 2days of GE for me are usually used to feed my SC 's negotiations charges, then finish the rest through Thursday.

spartacus2.0

Depends on which age you're in and what the opponent's army consists of
Literally Everybody:
I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that - Ray Charles - Restoration (colorized  version in comments) : r/MemeRestoration

Sharmon the Impaler

Careful with the continental map from SAM on though. The opposition goes straight for your base units first and rogues last. That will work fine on a single wave with no Rail Guns as opposition in battle not on the continental map.

spartacus2.0

Careful with the continental map from SAM on though. The opposition goes straight for your base units first and rogues last. That will work fine on a single wave with no Rail Guns as opposition in battle not on the continental map.
Ofc never use rogues in the continent map above Ind

Johnny B. Goode

One unit with contact+7 rogues
You still end up with wounded units most of the time, especially if you auto battle. (Yes, I spent a lot of time in CE with AAVs, so I have experience with this lineup.)
There is a thing called hover tanks and there is a thing called rogues
And even with Hover Tanks and Rogues, you'll still take some damage most of the time. (I have also spent considerable time in FE using these in combo.)

spartacus2.0

You still end up with wounded units most of the time, especially if you auto battle. (Yes, I spent a lot of time in CE with AAVs, so I have experience with this lineup.)

And even with Hover Tanks and Rogues, you'll still take some damage most of the time. (I have also spent considerable time in FE using these in combo.)
Subcruisers are better than Anti Aircraft Vehicles because of their range
Turturrets can slaughter half of the enemy on the first round
Hovertanks are not really effective against units with blast, but against other units such as recon raiders and dragon drones they're really effective

Johnny B. Goode

Subcruisers are better than Anti Aircraft Vehicles because of their range
Relative to the other units in their respective ages, they are almost identical in that regard.
Turturrets can slaughter half of the enemy on the first round
I'm not sure how that's relevant to what we're talking about, but okay. (Of course, they can't hit stealth units, so...)
Hovertanks are not really effective against units with blast, but against other units such as recon raiders and dragon drones they're really effective
Wrong. Hover Tanks are effective against any unit except artillery that ignores stealth, such as the Plasma Artillery. And even then, there has to be three or more of them to make a dent in the Hover/Rogue combo.

Ebeondi Asi

Tuturrents slaughter nothing and in turn are wiped out when fighting flying troops. LOL
THe way to kill Hovers is to not move at all on your first turn. make the Hovers move forward first. then you can kill about half before they can even touch you.. Since some move close enough to kill in the second round and others lose stealth and can be killed

spartacus2.0

Tuturrents slaughter nothing and in turn are wiped out when fighting flying troops. LOL
THe way to kill Hovers is to not move at all on your first turn. make the Hovers move forward first. then you can kill about half before they can even touch you.. Since some move close enough to kill in the second round and others lose stealth and can be killed
Turturrets slaughter nothing? Then how did I use them to beat the last 3 encounters in GE without receiving a single hitpoint?

Watch how foetipps did level four GE in OF...

Ebeondi Asi

when fighting flying units LOL please read the entire sentence. it would help a little...
I will rearrange the sentence for you
When fighting against flying units Tuturrents are wiped out and do no damage to the flying units.
Please accept my apologies for your inablity to figure out what I wrote the first time, I used a rather poorly constructed sentence

Johnny B. Goode

Turturrets slaughter nothing? Then how did I use them to beat the last 3 encounters in GE without receiving a single hitpoint?
Well apparently the last 3 encounters have no flying units and no units with stealth. We can all pick out certain enemy lineups that we can destroy with no damage using the right attacking units. For example, once you have flying units you can destroy an all-artillery lineup with one flying unit (with certain exceptions, such as Rail Guns). Doesn't prove much. When my FE army attacks a higher era army with Turturrets in it, the Turturrets don't give me a single damage point. Other units may, but the Turturrets never do.