• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Daily Challenges early in the game.

DeletedUser32947

Why is it that some of the daily challenges in the early eras are so hard? EG some of the complex negotiations are far higher than any GE & as I have just moved to High Middle Ages to have these goods is simply impossible even trading & then you have, fight this large army which is just far too hard for an early player. If you want people to continue playing it would be preferable you have challenges that are at least achievable to the player & done so they do not have to buy diamonds just to play a challenge.Players that are in higher ages have said that the challenges have gotten harder for those in the lower ages, I just need to know why?
Thank you
Argos

RazorbackPirate

Why is it that some of the daily challenges in the early eras are so hard? EG some of the complex negotiations are far higher than any GE & as I have just moved to High Middle Ages to have these goods is simply impossible even trading & then you have, fight this large army which is just far too hard for an early player. If you want people to continue playing it would be preferable you have challenges that are at least achievable to the player & done so they do not have to buy diamonds just to play a challenge.Players that are in higher ages have said that the challenges have gotten harder for those in the lower ages, I just need to know why?
Thank you
Argos
Both Negotiations and Direct Battles are fairly new having been added to the Daily Challenge in recent months. Higher age players didn't have them when they were in the lower ages.

I think it is entirely reasonable having just aged up that there will be some DC tasks that you find challenging or you can't complete. If you're playing the game correctly, that will be short lived as your city 'grows' into HMA.

DeletedUser32947

Both Negotiations and Direct Battles are fairly new having been added to the Daily Challenge in recent months. Higher age players didn't have them when they were in the lower ages.

I think it is entirely reasonable having just aged up that there will be some DC tasks that you find challenging or you can't complete. If you're playing the game correctly, that will be short lived as your city 'grows' into HMA.
Thank you for your reply much appreciated
Cheers Argos

DeletedUser32824

I made a diamond farm in the Iron Age. I decided to not go for happiness and made 13 Iron foundries and traded around my 260 iron/day into all the IA and BA goods I needed to negotiate GE each week. Doing this allowed me to acquire around 15 rogues. I'm able to complete both the complex negotiations and very large army DCs (although this one is still very challenging for me) in this city with just a lvl 7 zeus, 7 rogues and another IA unit. I was able to do this about 1 month to 1.5 months into my city.

You just have to be creative with your city. I was able to save a lot of room by leveling Babel to 10 so I required less houses, which was more room for Iron foundries. I also have like 11 wishing wells, so if you don't have those then you would have a lot more room to produce goods. (I also used just 1 tailor to make supplies and had no military buildings)

This might be a little bit harder to pull off with the population requirements in HMA, but you can definitely work the system if you want to. Or you could build a CF and do recurring quests like I do in my main city.