• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser30943

Today, I was asked to sit at 30 taverns. Fortunately (or skillfully, I suppose) for me, I have friends who are active in their taverns.
Yeah, most days, that would be me too. I was rather annoyed the other day when I got exactly this challenge, and it so happened that it was on just the wrong day and my tavern cycle was looping around to the next day because I'd stayed up late the night before and gotten a last-minute aid/tavern run in. Couldn't do that the next day, though. I tried my best to get all the taverns that weren't lined up with my regular schedule...and ended up getting 29 of them by the end of the day. GAH! Oh well, luck is luck and lack of planning is lack of planning. ;) As you say, it's really nothing to worry about if a DC just happens to not line up with your regular routine.

DeletedUser30943

Personally i realized that an 8 pm start time works best for me... ill always catch it when it becomes available and i'll have adequate time to plan as long as its worth planning for
I hadn't thought of putting it in the middle of my normal play schedule rather than at the beginning of it. That actually makes a lot of sense! I'm gonna try it and see how it works out. Thanks!

DeletedUser29130

Completing Daily challenges is not required, you did not have to do anything.

Daily rewards for the Daily Challenge aren't meant to be game-breakingly amazing. The challenger's chest after acquiring 7 tokens is supposed to be the grand pize so to speak. Also just because you can't manage to complete the Daily Challenges and the Event does not make it so for everyone else, again the Daily Challenge is not required, so instead of telling Inno to get rid of it during events, how about just not completing them?
First, I know you don't need to do the DCs. And I stated very clearly that I won't be doing them. This is called FEEDBACK. If you don't like my comments, just ignore them like Innogames does. I also think expecting someone to complete the types of things I had to complete to finish that day's DC should provide a better award than 10FPs. To bad you don't see my point. So, I'm going to ignore you from now on.

DeletedUser26120

I also think expecting someone to complete the types of things I had to complete to finish that day's DC should provide a better award than 10FPs.
It kind of does, every quest completed goes towards the challenger's chest count which will pay out 50fps on a weekly basis 30% of the time - other odds are for SoKs, wishing wells, rogue hideouts, and useful reno kits. Some weeks you will get the lesser prize of store buildings but most of the time you should walk away with something nice - that's on top of what you get daily.

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying this feature - it's not for everyone but personally I think it's an amazing addition to the game that does a great job of helping equalize the playing field between paid and free players since everyone can participate.

DeletedUser27849

And while I generally agree with your point about not doing anything until you've started your Daily Challenges, I have to wonder whether DCs are going to ultimately encourage a counter-intuitive/counter-productive play style where the object becomes not doing things when you'd like to. Don't visit taverns just because it's been 24 hours, wait and visit them after the DC comes out. Same thing for Aiding. Don't spend tavern silver until the new DC starts. Don't do battles (and by extension, at least consider not advancing on the map or in GE, etc.) until the new DC starts. Heck, even things like the requests for multiple productions will significantly impair any quest-looping you might be doing or at least help the game earn the oft-repeated name of "Forge of Blacksmiths".

Agree, are DC going to become more of a chore. What I am noticing is the way I was thinking of building my city as I progress has to change. Having to have so many production buildings that I normally wouldn't consider. Will DC's dictate more of how you play the game if you choose to play them daily is what I am looking at now. Hope not.

DeletedUser31498

Of course there are provinces on the C-Map. I'm only in IA. Today is defeat 60 units. That is like, what, 10-15 sectors?! I've had a battle component all but 1 day. Had I done them all, I'd be newly IA and in LMA on the map. Even if I were to unlock Military Tactics to PvP, I'm in a BA neighborhood. Who am I going to battle?

Ultimately, this complaint goes back to my initial complaint about the change to PvP. It really needs to be put back.
Jcera this one is super easy, though boring.

Go to your Cont Map, and defeat all but one unit (so you don't capture the sector), rinse, repeat. No progress made, many enemies defeated :)

DeletedUser29623

I dontlike the high battleing requiernments. It is making me not be able to get the rewards. I also dont like the fact that if neither option interests me, not choosing to do either counts as a miss. I dont feel confident Ill ever be able to make the 7 hits rewards. Overall I feel the requirnments to get the reward is to high for a daily thing.

It’s my understanding, as it is Jcera’s, that if you don’t open either chest you can skip the DC for that day without penalty. That’s what I’m doing today, since the prizes are all troops, so we’ll see if it’s counted against me tomorrow.

DeletedUser26904

It’s my understanding, as it is Jcera’s, that if you don’t open either chest you can skip the DC for that day without penalty. That’s what I’m doing today, since the prizes are all troops, so we’ll see if it’s counted against me tomorrow.
I tried that on a day I only had an option of units or happiness buildings as a reward. I have been at this age for a few months, so I have thousands of units and I also have 5k extra happiness. I didn't need either so I didn't click either. The next day my stat went down one.

DeletedUser31498

Thanks! I will try this out next time!
50 troops is still a crazy high number for IA.

Yeah since they scale by age do higher ages have numbers in the 100s? 50 for Iron does seem weird. Anyone higher up have a number on this?

DeletedUser32307

Yeah since they scale by age do higher ages have numbers in the 100s? 50 for Iron does seem weird. Anyone higher up have a number on this?

I'm industrial and I had to defeat 50 enemies, visit 45 taverns, spend 1000 tavern silver and finish 11 4 hr productions.. It was a breeze for a chance to win a SOK but very disappointed and got the SOI instead. At least the tasks were easy peasy this time which is weird considering the main prize.

DeletedUser29623

I tried that on a day I only had an option of units or happiness buildings as a reward. I have been at this age for a few months, so I have thousands of units and I also have 5k extra happiness. I didn't need either so I didn't click either. The next day my stat went down one.

Well that’s disappointing. Not everyone can log in multiple times every day for seven days in a row. I don’t really need anything in the weekly chest much, although I can always use more reno kits, so I’m not that broken up about it. I like the DCs for the FPs and medals, which are just daily rewards. But the Shrine of Knowledge cult will be irate.