• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser

I do think its unfair that one requirement today is to donate to the guild treasury ... and I'm a guild-less player by choice.
You could always do what I do when I'm guildless by choice. Create your own one-person guild. Make it invite only so you don't have to be bothered with guild hoppers. That way you can do a little GE if you wish, and you would have the opportunity to fulfill the guild-specific quests. :)

DeletedUser27849

You could always do what I do when I'm guildless by choice. Create your own one-person guild. Make it invite only so you don't have to be bothered with guild hoppers. That way you can do a little GE if you wish, and you would have the opportunity to fulfill the guild-specific quests. :)

Don't you need at least 3 players to be able to do GE...I tried that once with 2 players but it said we needed 3 to do GE.

JohnDoesy

If I keep getting daily challenges of "Acquire 5 sectors on the Campaign Map", I will eventually run out of sectors and must scout a new province. At some point, these new provinces, especially in higher ages, will exceed my current army's ability to conquer them. This will cause a mission failure.

If I have no sectors available, will it stop asking me to acquire them?

PS: Glad you're not doing 2 day scout missions in 24 hour challenges!

DeletedUser30943

If I keep getting daily challenges of "Acquire 5 sectors on the Campaign Map", I will eventually run out of sectors and must scout a new province. At some point, these new provinces, especially in higher ages, will exceed my current army's ability to conquer them. This will cause a mission failure.

If I have no sectors available, will it stop asking me to acquire them?

PS: Glad you're not doing 2 day scout missions in 24 hour challenges!
Don't scout new provinces until a quest requires it, and once you run out of sectors, DC will stop prompting you for them.

DeletedUser31540

I got a Shrine of Knowledge from the challenge today ! Oddly enough it was the easiest challenge ive had yet and only the 2nd one that ive completed. I refuse to do any sector related quests for DCs!

DeletedUser29623

I skipped yesterday’s DC because both chests were troops/military, which I dont need. My DC is set to change in 3 hours, but when I went to look at it, the contents of the chests had changed—one is boosts, which no one wants, and the other is the Maypole and its upgrades, which I don’t want. The DC still shows that it’s set to roll over in 3 hours, though. Are the contents of the chests supposed to change over the course of the day if you don’t choose one?

DeletedUser31592

Ugh. I left my time at 8:00 am because that works best for me on most days. Except Tuesdays. I work from home on Tuesdays, starting at 7:00 am. We have been slow all month and there is no work to do. So I'm sitting here, productions are finishing from last night and my phone is pinging left and right, but I don't want to collect until the challenge starts!!! Normally if we are slow on a Tuesday morning, I've got all my cities taken care of by 8 am when the GE starts...

Salsuero

I refuse to do any sector related quests for DCs!

They asked me to conquer a sector... by fighting... but my continental map is way more advanced than where I am on the tech tree, so I can't fight. But it also asks me to use TWO tavern boosts. I wonder what people would do if they had a city shield up and this quest hit. Oh yeah... diamonds. Spend diamonds for a chance at a prize you don't even need/want... and try to fight an impossible fight? Looks like an easy -1 for me today.

Last edited:

DeletedUser18538

Well, i can see that I will not be getting them done very often. I.M.O. they ask too much. Today i am ask to activate 3 boosts in tavern, no problem there really. Then acquire 2 sectors, [really 2 sectors]. This i have a problem with, there are only so many sectors in each age to acquire and i do not want to, or should not have too waste them on a `daily quest` and finally solve 4 encounters in GE by negotiating [why negotiating? That cost goods] . All for some coin or`A lot of coin`as they state. I do not like this addition. Okay i`m done.

ODragon

Does the Challenger's Chest ever expire or do you keep it until you get 7 in a row? Is the next one the same chest?

Algona

Initial Impression: A good addition to the game.

Main Cuty Contemporary nearly 3 years old. There's nothing in the Challengers Chest aside form SoK and 50 FP that I would use. I;ve got all the rest in Inventory and produce them faster then I use them. I'm not gonna bust my hiney to try for a 1 in 15 chance to get an SoK once a week. Sorry, INNO, Challenge not accepted. I will try for the FP prize in the Daiky Chest. Haven't seen any other Daily Prize worth trying for yet.

Startup. LMA, about 8 months old. I can use any of the Challenger Prizes, I've got plenty of CMap and Tech space to explore, so I am trying hard to do the Daily Quests. Not overall excited about them, but they should help. Hoping for better payoffs then what I;ve seen so far.

Overall, I see DCs as something nice to futz around with in lower Era immature cities. But I also see DCs as contributing to the evergrowing Prize Glut problem. Granted, having too many good prizes is a wonderful problem to have, but the effect it's having on me is odd. Disconcerting? I can cram in more SSWs or SoKs, but what's the point? My main city is ridiculously productive now. My toughest decisions are what to do with what I produce. The fun/stress/challenge of acquiring beeded production are dwindling. Poor poor me! Heh.

Anyway, DCs seem a good addition to the game. Not the game changer that GE waw but better then the spamming of Events. So for now, job well done INNO.

DeletedUser31882

Anyone else finish their Challenger chest today? I did...

First week of challenges3.png

I have a similar mentality to Algona, I was hoping for an SoK or 50FP. I enjoy hunting event buildings, so I'm alright with Reno kit. It will give me more strategic options.

Feedback: Based on other's responses, I question if my DCs rolled in my favor. Some were 'harder' than others, but overall DCs feel like expanded event quests. The challenge is getting them done in 24 hours. I was lucky that I was able to complete the first DC before 8AM when it was rolled out. I had a bunch of 15-min productions to complete and some other menial tasks that I was able to knock out.

I didn't record all the chests I had to choose from, but the rewards I remember are: 12000 Supplies (Medal vs supply chest), 3 or 5 rogues (Rogue chest), Military genius chest (3 units of somethin'), Mass motivation kit (Why did I choose booster chest?!) Elephant fountain & an Elephant gate.

I did get one sector portion for 2-3 sectors.

Even with the sectors, no great sacrifices were needed (well, excepting time) for completion. Also, I'm a f2p scoom, so Inno hasn't made a dime off of me. Yet. I wouldn't be spending diamonds on DCs anyway. Patience is a virtue.

So, I guess I don't have any good mechanical feedback based on my experience. I enjoy DCs because it gives me the opportunity for more loot.

Social & Philosophical Feedback: It is busy work to accomplish DCs, but I'm confused why people are surprised by the drudgery. This is a time-wasting game with timers. 5 minute to 24 hour timers. I feel most complaints come from a expectation that DCs & Inno should somehow adapt to individual play styles. I think DCs represent the game design. If you don't like them & are under duress, please consider a different time-waster for your free time.Heck, if someone wants to try a 'Let's kick our FoE habit and start a knitting club', I may be convinced to join in. Hopefully. Either that or maybe it's time for an addiction clinic. /::end.attempt @ humorous rant.

That being said, I think the production quests and other 'do X Y amount of times' should be tracked for balance checking. Many have quoted some huge production requirements. My question to those that have received those huge production requests, how many production buildings do you have? Is there any correlation between amount of production buildings and the DC requested amount? Is there an age correlation? I wish I had tracked mine for data comparison purposes. All I recall is being able to complete X amount of 15 minute productions in under 2 hours.

Quotes:

Gotta a ?, I had a guild mate say that he had a quest that said to delete 50 units. So has anyone seen this on Beta or on here yet.

I can't imagine that Inno would make you delete that much of your army.

I believe I had misread a defeat 50 units as delete. Then again, maybe it was a typo that was corrected? *shrugs* Sadly, that DC quest was on a secondary world, so I did not verify what gave the quest progress.

I recently realized that my game play is really structured around the DCs and special events. I am spending tavern silver and goods, timing supply production and doing battles to satisfy a challenge or quest instead of when it would most benefit my game progression. I also delay collections if I am within an hour or so of the start of a new DC or special event "day" in case the requirements include collections. I am wondering if I would be further ahead if I skipped the DCs and special events all together and put everything towards growing my city.

Happy Holidays, Sam

Technically, the more collections the more resources you have for 'progression'. The core question should be, are you having fun completing DCs? Is your fun purely profit driven or is there fun gained from completing quests and the possibility of yummy rewards(SoKs, set pieces, etc.)? Is the opportunity cost worth it? *shrugs*

For myself, I have fun with the challenge, the potential rewards & feel my overall progression is unhampered. My play style is focused around maximizing rewards from all sectors of FoE's game play, so DCs plug in easily with my event strategy. I can see how a pure tech focus play style would be ham stringed by events/DCs.

What is remotely challenging about these daily quests? It's just a quest that requires logging in more times daily. That's not a challenge. That's just creating an extra reward for logging in a ton.

If inno wants to make the daily "challenges" challenging, they need to think outside the box and create challenges that require more than an iota of brainpower.

For example: create riddles, puzzles, hide & seek, etc.

This daily challenge quest just reinforces the same, boring, tedious gameplay that I'm sick of.

What do you enjoy about the game and how could that be implemented into the quest system?

Riddles/puzzles would be fun, but easily googled. Thus negating the 'challenge' to profit seekers.

Hide & Seek: How would this be different from other boring, tedious gameplay once stretched into a 'daily' routine? Incidents are this kind of game play, would you recommend Inno add 'find X incidents' as a possible challenge?

Lastly: Are you sure you want to play this game? Or should you take up a more 'creative outside the box' past time? May I suggest knitting?

The 33 4-hr isn't so bad once you completed it, at least you have control over it. The one that's terrible is collecting 25K tavern silver, which you have absolutely no control over. It's a prayer to god kind of quest, hoping you have good friends and you collect 2 full taverns within 24 hrs. Normally, you don't give the tavern 2nd thought but I found myself biting my nails hoping friends would show up. Luckily they did but I was worried about the potential -1.

33 4-hr productions would boggle me. If you don't mind sharing, what age is your city in & how many production buildings do you have? I really wonder what kind of algorithm they are using to determine the production challenge portions of DCs.

So a little new at this, but my understanding of the DC is that we will not receive impossible quests.
Worked a dbl shift and when I got home I realized I forgot to do the DC for today. Only 6 hours remaining to get it done, when I open it one of the tasks is “12 x 8 hour productions”.

I second Sal's Theory that the DCs may be determined at reset, rather than chest choice. Maybe Inno could have that part of the algorithm actually take chest choice time into consideration? It might result in 30-40 5/15 minute productions... but I suppose that's better than diamonds or -1.

Agree with most but I think it's a little ridiculous that there is a need to plan ahead by dedicating your production buildings, building blacksmiths and putting them on a 24 hr cycle before the challenge begins. Luckily you gave some good advice and definitely will be doing that because I really want another SOK., even though it's just a 7% chance.

But the prizes before the challenger chest suck. I had to collect 88K supplies, mopo 40 people and negotiate 2 sectors and all I got was a palm tree. The effort really isn't worth the reward in the short-term.

When you look at it in short-term, post-reward, it does seem not worth our time, but you have to remember the 'chance' at the bigger prize. Ignoring the top prize isn't a good way to measure if something is worth your time and effort. Then again, we are all playing FoE, so maybe all our judgments are a bit skewed.

As for blacksmith strategy, I wonder if we would be better served with dedicating a part of our city that can be torn down and rebuilt with variable buildings for events/quests instead of a 'dedicated' blacksmith farm.

And while I generally agree with your point about not doing anything until you've started your Daily Challenges, I have to wonder whether DCs are going to ultimately encourage a counter-intuitive/counter-productive play style where the object becomes not doing things when you'd like to. Don't visit taverns just because it's been 24 hours, wait and visit them after the DC comes out. Same thing for Aiding. Don't spend tavern silver until the new DC starts. Don't do battles (and by extension, at least consider not advancing on the map or in GE, etc.) until the new DC starts. Heck, even things like the requests for multiple productions will significantly impair any quest-looping you might be doing or at least help the game earn the oft-repeated name of "Forge of Blacksmiths".

I disagree that it encourages counter-intuitive or counter-productive play style. This falls squarely in the realm of player prioritization and timers. A player knows what a DC may require and can even select when DCs reset. I argue that this can encourage players that do not have a firm time strategy to develop one. For myself, I am currently on the 'collect everything ASAP', which is a great burden on my time since I have a lot of 24 timers spread out across the day. Short-term sacrifice for a long-term optimization strategy seems intuitive and productive.

What doesn't make sense is the mentality that players are upset at Inno for 'feeling' forced to not play their favorite time-wasting game at the time of their choosing because they may lose a digital currency/lottery ticket due to their own life interfering with game timers. Entitlement & addiction are powerful warpers of the mind. That all being said...

Production quests are crap, but a damn good time waster.

DeletedUser30312

So far, I haven't had too many problems with DCs. Most of them have been almost trivial, asking for things that are part of my daily routine anyway. I think one thing to keep in mind is not to scout out too many provinces on the Continent Map. DCs don't ask for scouting, since it eventually take more than a day to complete it. On a related note, you don't get DCs for taking sectors or whatever if all you have are unscouted provinces, probably because it might be in a position where you can't scout in a day. Since I usually save map advancement for events, this hasn't been a problem for me. I've only been bothering with them in my main city and primary diamond mine/WW farm.

I think having a well-balanced city with a well-developed friend list instead of focusing too heavily on a particular strategy or just clumsily racing up the tech tree is the ideal approach here. Devoting some space to normal supply production should help with those requirements, especially if you're exploiting recurring quests. Having some of the special supply buildings like say Cider Mills or Confectionaries will probably help too without the player having to resort to a full-blown Forge of Blacksmiths strategy, and as an added bonus for people with advanced cities, they don't require two-lane roads or knock off happiness either. I'm exploiting RQs in my city, and I have 3 Cider Mills which I can use to run DC prods without disrupting my Clockmaker cycle.