• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser31592

Just got my second weekly chest, so one in each city so fa. It was two Store Buildings: not exciting, but I do use them. The other world I’m going to lose a point because no way am I going to defeat 30 units.

It feels pretty balanced to me. I get enough good stuff for it to be worth doing, but I’m also Ok if somedays I get set back because I don’t want to do the battles or advance on the map. It’s kind of the luck of the draw what sort of quests you get and whether it’s enough good ones in a row to win seven. But I always get some medals and FPs out of it.

I got 50 FPs out of the 'Challenger's Chest" this morning. Made up for all the dumb prizes all week that I didn't want. (Like when I have the choice of military units only or medal packages)

DeletedUser

I hate having to "Acquire Sectors" as part of the Daily Challenge. I and others that I've talked to do NOT want to expand that quickly. I really wish that was removed for the Dailys. It's bad enough that we have to do it for quests and events
Word on the streets is that if you have no unscouted, unconquered provinces, you won't get the "Acquire Sectors" quests in Daily Challenge.

DeletedUser31440

Word on the streets is that if you have no unscouted, unconquered provinces, you won't get the "Acquire Sectors" quests in Daily Challenge.

I'll have to check again, but I think that only holds true if the scouting takes longer than 24 hours. I tried it in an IA city, but can't remember what the result was.

DeletedUser31498

Today in my mid-Iron Age city, I opened my DC at noon and it said to complete all of GE 1?? That seems pretty insane to me. I mean obviously doable, but every other time it was something like, "win 3 encounters in GE by negotiation" or whatever. this seems a little extreme?

DeletedUser

Today in my mid-Iron Age city, I opened my DC at noon and it said to complete all of GE 1?? That seems pretty insane to me. I mean obviously doable, but every other time it was something like, "win 3 encounters in GE by negotiation" or whatever. this seems a little extreme?
Well, by noon you should have had half of level 1 done already, right? DC thought he was only making you do 8 more encounters. :p

DeletedUser30312

That's what I've read, no map related DCs if you have to scout a new province. I largely save scouting for events anyway. What I'll do with the DCs is finish off a Challenger chest before an event quest that requires scouting comes up and then leave the DC counter at 0 until I'm past the map stuff in an event or until I reach an event quest that I can't be bothered to complete. I don't want to burn up a province opened for an event on DCs.

DeletedUser31592

Same here. Only I opened it around 2 pm :eek:
Luckily I got all of the extra turn rewards. I only have 4 encounters left. I'll be able to get it done before bed. However, I did spend diamonds on one. Which irks me- I never spend diamonds even on Level 4. But I did on Level 1. I would have just bought an extra turn with medals, but I am low on a few goods and waiting for someone to take my trades. I wasn't even going to start the GE in that city today due to a lack of goods.

Algona

I fought through Encounter 23 in my first week in IA GE. Seems like a tough quest, you have to nail down 16 Encounters in a day.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32804

So I opened my DC almost 4 hours into the normal start. I get to sit in 45 taverns. That is tough to do in 24 hours without cheat or any go around. And I get to do 3 GE negotiations in a row. That certainly requires diamonds as it is day 3 of GE. Unless one is extremely lucky. And defeat 50 units. I'm on day 3. Again, we need realistic tasks. Tough is okay but certain failure will make me leave this game. There are plenty of other games.

DeletedUser31440

So I opened my DC almost 4 hours into the normal start. I get to sit in 45 taverns. That is tough to do in 24 hours without cheat or any go around. And I get to do 3 GE negotiations in a row. That certainly requires diamonds as it is day 3 of GE. Unless one is extremely lucky. And defeat 50 units. I'm on day 3. Again, we need realistic tasks. Tough is okay but certain failure will make me leave this game. There are plenty of other games.

If 45 Taverns to sit in is difficult then you should redo your friends list to have more active players who clear their Taverns.

For the GE negotiations are you using the extra turn boost from the Tavern? If you're still having difficulties you are probably not negotiating correctly...

For the defeat x number of enemies go to C-Map and find a sector with a weak army. Defeat all units except 1, surrender the battle, rinse and repeat until x number of enemies have been defeated.

Algona

During Wunter Event my unopened DCs reset at 9 PM every night.

I think this stopped with the end of Winter.

My DCs started resetting again at 9 PM the day INNO put up the Forge Bowl Countdown timer.

DeletedUser27284

If Daily Challenges are new to you, we hope you'll enjoy this new twist to your daily routine :). If you wish to leave any comments, please place your comments here :).

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

i have done a couple of these now and not happy with getting so many forge points instead of special awards. i'm not even sure the prize i get is on the list of stuff in the chest! if i must get forge points, why can't they be added to my inventory like they used to be instead of added to the bar forcing me to use them immediately or start losing them :(

DeletedUser29623

i have done a couple of these now and not happy with getting so many forge points instead of special awards. i'm not even sure the prize i get is on the list of stuff in the chest! if i must get forge points, why can't they be added to my inventory like they used to be instead of added to the bar forcing me to use them immediately or start losing them :(
Assume that what you’re going to win is Forge points and proceed accordingly. When the FP prize is at 70%, what can you expect? As long as you routinely accept the challenge expecting to win the 10% prize, you’re going to be disappointed.

DeletedUser29623

During Wunter Event my unopened DCs reset at 9 PM every night.

I think this stopped with the end of Winter.

My DCs started resetting again at 9 PM the day INNO put up the Forge Bowl Countdown timer.

Mine reset at midnight (EST) last night when I refrained from picking either of the two chests yesterday morning. The situation did not come up in the gap between the end of the winter event and the Forge Bowl countdown timer appearing, so I’m not sure if this would not also have happened without the countdown timer. Are we sure that the two things are related? Maybe that’s just the way it works. Chests in both worlds reset to exactly the same two options.

DeletedUser27284

Mine reset at midnight (EST) last night when I refrained from picking either of the two chests yesterday morning. The situation did not come up in the gap between the end of the winter event and the Forge Bowl countdown timer appearing, so I’m not sure if this would not also have happened without the countdown timer. Are we sure that the two things are related? Maybe that’s just the way it works. Chests in both worlds reset to exactly the same two options.

are you aware that the DC time can be set to your preferred start time by using the setting cogs at the top of DC display?

DeletedUser29623

are you aware that the DC time can be set to your preferred start time by using the setting cogs at the top of DC display?
Yes. I've reset it a couple of times. Not really sure why that's relevant, though.

We're talking about how, if you don't pick either chest, the contents of the chests will change before the DC is scheduled to reset. What's not clear is whether this is intended and happens all the time, or, as Algona has hypothesized, it is a bug caused by the presence of special event quests/content. And, if this change is intended, I'm curious if it's on some kind of a timer.

DeletedUser27284

Yes. I've reset it a couple of times. Not really sure why that's relevant, though.

We're talking about how, if you don't pick either chest, the contents of the chests will change before the DC is scheduled to reset. What's not clear is whether this is intended and happens all the time, or, as Algona has hypothesized, it is a bug caused by the presence of special event quests/content. And, if this change is intended, I'm curious if it's on some kind of a timer.

hmmmmn. this might explain why i get FP when they were not originally listed. i have also noticed during events that the location of the prizes change if you leave the game and return, as if a shuffle has occurred.