• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser31882

*Channels some Elaine, Lancer, Plinker, Snowbelle, Infinity Stones and a little hjh102*

Semantics can be a joyful topic, but this topic isn't about who said what, when & how.

Stay on topic (DC Feedback) and take the rest to PMs.

Thank you and have a pleasant day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Since this is the DC feedback thread I wonder, if you have 0 friends, do you still get sit in tavern tasks?

Ta 152H

You really are funny. I only see one tantrum here.

What prize did you win?

You have a typical, somewhat predictable and boring, tendency of trying to put on other people, what you're doing. A lot of people do this, but you do it all to often to be effective.

Do you have any posts that aren't intentionally belligerent, and with the main intention to inform? Don't get me wrong, I like the snarky, belligerent attitude, but it wouldn't hurt to make some useful posts, if you have the experience you claim to.

Oh, I won a Mahajara's Palace today, and an SoK yesterday. Thank you for asking. DC has been good to me lately.

Ta 152H

You have a typical, somewhat predictable and boring, tendency of trying to put on other people, that you are always right. A lot of people do this, but you do it all to often to be effective.

Do you have any posts that aren't intentionally belligerent, and with the main intention to argue? Don't get me wrong, I like arguments, but it wouldn't hurt to make some useful posts, if you have the experience you claim to.

I just got 20 fp. DC has been good to me today.

Even by your standards this is sad, and that's saying something. But, a poor imitation of me is better than what you normally produce.

I think it's about right, you get 20 FP, and I get Mahajara's Palace. It's kind of Inno's way of approximating what nature gave both of us. The nice part is, you are happy with it. It's a good choice, why be bitter? Oh wait, you are most of the time. I wonder why ...

Ta 152H

Poor? It is spot on.

So the nice part is I am happy with it and bitter at the same time? You really have an amazing insight.

I bet you are the only one in this game that wins a Mahajara's Palace.

Yeah, you'll realize the subtleties of life when you actually live it. I doubt you were really too happy with the 20 FP, or what nature gave you, but I'm glad you put up a positive front. Well, then again ...

I'm sure I'm not, but that doesn't make it less important to win. Enjoy your 20 FP. I'm sure with your limited game skill, you'll use it poorly, but at least you get to use it.

Ta 152H

I am sure you are still the only one that ever won a Mahajara's Palace.

I put it in my CF. Would love to get your opinion on that.

CF is second tier GB to me, so I rate it very highly. I don't rate it with the VERY, VERY best, unless one is using it for a diamond farm, but certainly top 10. But, for a diamond farm, it and Seed Vault and invaluable. For a non-diamond farm, it becomes critically important after ME, and outside of ultra powerful GBs like AO and CdM, it's right near the top.

I always ask myself which GB is better by determining which I'd rather live without. I'd rather live without the CF than the AO, or CdM. That's why I rank them higher. If you're not fighting though, I can easily see where CF would rank above them. I also think Seed Vault is an underrated GB, like CF.

Ta 152H

I am fighting, but still rank CF higher than AO, since the fight part of AO is rather usekless when you are in OF. You'll find out once you get there.

Or, I know how to use it better, and already know how it works in OF. Plus, one of the big pluses with AO is, it doesn't fall apart after L10, and actually slowly builds up increasing hit rate as it goes higher. Both parts are useful. CF is one a trick pony, and although it's a nice trick, AO has two very useful boosts, once you know how to use them.

That's also why I rate CdM over CF. Two boosts, small footprint, low FP per level. Where I rate AO poorly is the difficulty in getting blueprints, the size, and the amount of FP per level, but with two such powerful boosts, I still rate it very high.

Even so, I like CF a lot, but it's gimped after L10, and it's only got one useful boost. But if you want to rate it over AO, I can understand it, I just don't agree with it. Certainly they're both very good GBs to have.

DeletedUser31882

I hate negotiating in GE, but I'll do it if DC asks me to do it on the first day of GE.

I love DC tasks that tell me to fight GE. Pretty close to an easy button for me.

Planning ahead for the Sacajawea event, I concluded the 'optimal' option for one of the quests was to negotiate GE. So I decided that I would hold off on GE until the historical event.

Yesterday: DC task of fight 6 GE encounters. Boogers. Chest was residential, so not a huge loss if I skipped it, but I dislike missing out on my +1 to Challengers and easy loot. I sucked it up and skipped the DC.

Today: DC task to solve 8 GE encounters. Double-dip boogers. Chest is 30FP, a loss in my book if I were to skip. I intend to suck it up and stick to the long-term plan. Especially since I set precedent yesterday. Efficiency be darned!

All this to say: With the -1 to Challenger's chest gone, the strategic decisions in the above scenarios appear easier, but were slightly more challenging to make up my mind on than the old system. If the -1 still existed, I'd have completed the DCs to avoid the punishment to my Challenger's chest progress; an easy/logical choice from my perspective. It would have made the Sacajawea event quest cost me more resources (especially if I had cleared both yesterday and today's DC tasks), but by golly I hate scouting provinces more than I hate negotiating.

Agent327

Or, I know how to use it better, and already know how it works in OF. Plus, one of the big pluses with AO is, it doesn't fall apart after L10, and actually slowly builds up increasing hit rate as it goes higher. Both parts are useful. CF is one a trick pony, and although it's a nice trick, AO has two very useful boosts, once you know how to use them.

I disagree with you on that. It is easier to gfight through 4 levels of GE with units from lower era's, so AO has no use there.

That's also why I rate CdM over CF. Two boosts, small footprint, low FP per level. Where I rate AO poorly is the difficulty in getting blueprints, the size, and the amount of FP per level, but with two such powerful boosts, I still rate it very high.

It all depends on how you want to play and how you are playing. You rate AO poorly because it is difficult to get blueprints. I have it on level 71 with enough blueprints to do another 90 levels.

Even so, I like CF a lot, but it's gimped after L10, and it's only got one useful boost. But if you want to rate it over AO, I can understand it, I just don't agree with it. Certainly they're both very good GBs to have.

I don't think it is gimped. It works great with recurring quests. At level 70 I can keep doing that and I am working towards that.

Ta 152H

I disagree with you on that. It is easier to gfight through 4 levels of GE with units from lower era's, so AO has no use there.

It all depends on how you want to play and how you are playing. You rate AO poorly because it is difficult to get blueprints. I have it on level 71 with enough blueprints to do another 90 levels.

I don't think it is gimped. It works great with recurring quests. At level 70 I can keep doing that and I am working towards that.

You again completely misunderstood what I wrote. I'm not sure if you're doing that on purpose, or simply have problems understanding. I'm hoping it's the latter.

I disagree with you on the units. But, eventually you'll learn how to use OF units, so don't worry about it.

I did not say I rate AO poorly, so there's a reading problem here. I said that's one aspect of AO I rate poorly, because it tends to be more difficult to get blueprints for. Of course, anyone can get them, and if you play long enough, you can get pretty some of everything,but it's not as easy as most GBs, particularly the CF, particularly on a newer world.

It is gimped. If you look at what it does after L10, the rate it goes up is much slower than up to L10. That's common for almost all GBs in their passive boost. But, AO slows down a bit, then speeds back up on its passive. Chat never does. Plus, secondary on Chat sucks, AOs are both so good, I'm not sure which the less worthy one is.

But if you like Chat, go for it. It's not a bad choice, and there's no right or wrong. I think AO is more powerful for how I play. But, you don't have to.

DeletedUser32973

CF is second tier GB to me, so I rate it very highly. I don't rate it with the VERY, VERY best, unless one is using it for a diamond farm, but certainly top 10. But, for a diamond farm, it and Seed Vault and invaluable. For a non-diamond farm, it becomes critically important after ME, and outside of ultra powerful GBs like AO and CdM, it's right near the top.

I'm curious why you think the CF is invaluable for a diamond farm. What kind of diamond farm are you running? It sounds like you're trying to get diamonds through RQs, and since they're one time only investing in a CF seems rather short sighted. Granted the Seed Vault I can see as a super wishing well.

For me a perfect diamond farm consists of 4 GBs: Alcatraz, CdM, CoA, and Zeus. The rest of the buildings consist of one rogue hideout and WW/FoYs. Getting a Seed Vault would be at the bottom of my list of priorities, only to be obtained when everything else is at the proper level. But the CF? I don't see when I'd ever build it.

Ta 152H

I'm curious why you think the CF is invaluable for a diamond farm. What kind of diamond farm are you running? It sounds like you're trying to get diamonds through RQs, and since they're one time only investing in a CF seems rather short sighted. Granted the Seed Vault I can see as a super wishing well.

For me a perfect diamond farm consists of 4 GBs: Alcatraz, CdM, CoA, and Zeus. The rest of the buildings consist of one rogue hideout and WW/FoYs. Getting a Seed Vault would be at the bottom of my list of priorities, only to be obtained when everything else is at the proper level. But the CF? I don't see when I'd ever build it.

I'm not running a diamond farm, but at one time I had several. I deleted the account, because I was spending too much time playing, and I've never regretted it.

But, you're missing one important part. The constant events and such, and they give an inconstant, but significant, supply of random rewards, and if you're getting 60 diamonds instead of 20, it adds up pretty quickly.

I also have no use for an Alcatraz, and don't know why you'd need that unless you auto-battle your way through GE. I have limited experience doing that in later stages, so I'm not sure how well it works. But, one thing to remember is, there is a finite amount of diamonds you can get from GE, and the amount of diamonds you get from events and such does not have a hard ceiling. So, after a point, none of those buildings you mention will be of benefit, whereas CF will always increase your diamond production.

Plus, I would advance with my diamond farms, albeit slowly, so I would get new quests from the story lines. The main thing is though, if you do the events, it can have a positive impact on the amount of diamonds you win, especially if it's obscenely high level.

Ta 152H

Why are you always this condescending and do you assume I do not know how to use OF units? I know, but I prefer a more effective way. To give you an example, several times in GE you face 4 artillery with 2 octopod and 2 KRAB. I simply blast those away with 8 Combat Drones from the Tomorrow era. Piece of cake. I do not need to learn how to use OF units. Maybe you should learn to be more effective.

Because if you think there is no use for OF units in GE, also considering you have the boost from a AO helping them, and not other age units, you clearly have no idea how to use the units.

Don't try to twist this the other way. First, stop whining about begin condescending, you're that way with virtually every post, for no reason I can understand given what you are. Second, I'm not saying OF units are ALWAYS the best, but you said

I am fighting, but still rank CF higher than AO, since the fight part of AO is rather usekless when you are in OF. You'll find out once you get there.

So, yeah, you're condescending, and you're also saying you essentially do not use OF units in GE. So, you really don't know how to use them, since with an AO backing them, they are easily the most effective in some encounters.

DeletedUser31882

I also have no use for an Alcatraz, and don't know why you'd need that unless you auto-battle your way through GE. I have limited experience doing that in later stages, so I'm not sure how well it works. But, one thing to remember is, there is a finite amount of diamonds you can get from GE, and the amount of diamonds you get from events and such does not have a hard ceiling. So, after a point, none of those buildings you mention will be of benefit, whereas CF will always increase your diamond production.

Finite amount of diamonds from GE? As in, X amount of weeks of GE and the diamond rewards are replaced with medals? How many diamonds on average can a player expect to earn per age? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your use of finite.

I ask, because I find the finite claim dubious, based on my limited information and experience. From my current knowledge, GE will always offer chances at diamonds, especially if one clears GE4 consistently. GE4, depending on the age/GBs/etc, is drastically easier to complete with a Traz supplying expendable rouges.

CF can consistently boost random event diamonds, but GE also gives weekly chances, with the added benefit of more chances at FoY(thus, more diamond chances). Optimally, a player should have both to maximize all potential sources of diamonds, but time and resource investment are the limiting factors. My gut tells me GE(specifically, GE4 clearing) would win the numbers game in a cost/benefit analysis over time.