• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser

So a little new at this, but my understanding of the DC is that we will not receive impossible quests.
Worked a dbl shift and when I got home I realized I forgot to do the DC for today. Only 6 hours remaining to get it done, when I open it one of the tasks is “12 x 8 hour productions”.

So either someone didn’t put the step in to verify remaining time, or their version of not impossible is to force using diamonds. Don’t have enough diamonds to finish, joy...
Maybe it would help in the future to change the DC starting time. First thing I did on the first day was that. I only changed it one hour, but you could change it to sometime in the afternoon, giving you all evening and into the next morning to finish it. :)

DeletedUser32472

The flip side to your argument as that you didn't put the step in to get your Daily Challenge done in a full 24-hour window. And I'm by no means saying that the game should be more important than work... or anything in real life for that matter... but the game doesn't care if you work... make sense? I'm almost certain (and especially given your example) that the Daily Challenge is predetermined when it hits at the beginning of the 24-hour period and not spontaneously when you choose to click to play it. In your case, it seems like it was just awful luck that you didn't check on it a few hours sooner. :(

I had put in a ticket to ask if this was a bug, the response was “There is an expectation that the player is not logging in with 7 hours left on the timer” then a spiel about changing the timer. Yep I expected that. I already have my timer set to the best time for me, but I guess life isn’t a valid excuse. Just seems a little fishy to state that no quests will be impossible yet there it was. So I guess it is correct in saying that the quests are predetermined at your start time.

DeletedUser26904

I dontlike the high battleing requiernments. It is making me not be able to get the rewards. I also dont like the fact that if neither option interests me, not choosing to do either counts as a miss. I dont feel confident Ill ever be able to make the 7 hits rewards. Overall I feel the requirnments to get the reward is to high for a daily thing.

DeletedUser30650

Sooo unlikely I will be able to get the big challenge prize for 7 wins in a row, or 10/13 wins. Win a Sector, 3 negotiations/ victories on campaign map? Maybe 1 week out of 13 do I make a push to get that done twice in a week. And having to do all the rest of the stuff at the same time? 50% at best. So, very not worth it for the big one. Small daily stuff? Mostly not worth the bother. If it happens, fine. Who even needs coin/supply?

DeletedUser31592

I dontlike the high battleing requiernments. It is making me not be able to get the rewards. I also dont like the fact that if neither option interests me, not choosing to do either counts as a miss. I dont feel confident Ill ever be able to make the 7 hits rewards. Overall I feel the requirnments to get the reward is to high for a daily thing.

I believe if you do not actually choose a chest it doesn't count for or against you.
Which is what I should have done today- I had a medals package or Rogues- with a single rogue being 45% chance. So not worth it. I clicked anyway and since it requires advancement on the C-Map, I will not be completing it. Should have left it.
And, again, my city that just entered IA a couple of days ago has a defeat 30 units option. I've had battle requirements all but one day- a city without PvP or GE (since I aged up after GE began) *sigh* If I had done all these battle requirements over the last few days, I'd be all the way in HMA on the map most likely.

DeletedUser25166

For all you people complaining about fighting, give me those Challenges. Today I get to do 22 hour productions. Sorry my city is military built, should not have to slice it up for Blacksmiths.
Stupid quests

DeletedUser31592

For all you people complaining about fighting, give me those Challenges. Today I get to do 22 hour productions. Sorry my city is military built, should not have to slice it up for Blacksmiths.
Stupid quests
I'm only complaining about the city without PvP (just aged up to IA a couple days ago) and no GE (GE had started when I aged up). And I wouldn't complain if I didn't get battle quests every day. (All but 1 so far)

Honestly, I'm not a fighter and I don't typically even have barracks in my cities. Yet, in a few cities, I'd gladly take battle quests. Super easy to go through and win against all the 2 spearfighter defenses!

DeletedUser32211

I've done the daily challenge for 2 months on several accounts and would love to get rid of it. Is it possible to opt out so the icon doesn't even appear on my screen?

DeletedUser28670

Lord Muggie tell me how u can plan ahead when u have no idea what the next daily challenge will be. And I think u maybe forgetting about the story quests which in many cases are required to advance. If INNO would do some plannng and actually get creative for a change maybe there would not be some many complaints about these endless quests, challenges or whatever they call them!
Get ready provinces, get some blacksmiths on 24hour productions, don't collect your tavern, don't aid until daily challenge comes out, etc.

DeletedUser31592

I put up 5 Blacksmiths yesterday to complete the 4-hour quests. I could have done it without them (and without taking multi-function buildings off of FP production), but it was cheap to build them and got me done with the challenge more quickly.

DeletedUser32307

Get ready provinces, get some blacksmiths on 24hour productions, don't collect your tavern, don't aid until daily challenge comes out, etc.

Agree with most but I think it's a little ridiculous that there is a need to plan ahead by dedicating your production buildings, building blacksmiths and putting them on a 24 hr cycle before the challenge begins. Luckily you gave some good advice and definitely will be doing that because I really want another SOK., even though it's just a 7% chance.

But the prizes before the challenger chest suck. I had to collect 88K supplies, mopo 40 people and negotiate 2 sectors and all I got was a palm tree. The effort really isn't worth the reward in the short-term.

Freshmeboy

From what I und]erstand, there are no scouting quests and battles are individually based on ability...if you can't pvp because of the tech tree and have no access to GE, then you must have battles left on the C-map. Once a province is opened it deems those as battle sites and will use them. The key here is to not scout anymore unless you want to lose a day. If you have to scout for the event, then you will be asked to battle those provinces. There can be no 'impossible' tasks...

DeletedUser31592

From what I und]erstand, there are no scouting quests and battles are individually based on ability...if you can't pvp because of the tech tree and have no access to GE, then you must have battles left on the C-map. Once a province is opened it deems those as battle sites and will use them. The key here is to not scout anymore unless you want to lose a day. If you have to scout for the event, then you will be asked to battle those provinces. There can be no 'impossible' tasks...
Of course there are provinces on the C-Map. I'm only in IA. Today is defeat 60 units. That is like, what, 10-15 sectors?! I've had a battle component all but 1 day. Had I done them all, I'd be newly IA and in LMA on the map. Even if I were to unlock Military Tactics to PvP, I'm in a BA neighborhood. Who am I going to battle?

Ultimately, this complaint goes back to my initial complaint about the change to PvP. It really needs to be put back.

DeletedUser27849

Lord, I don't believe some players has understood yet the strategy they can accomplish for DC's. Is it easy, No however a little planning can go a long ways. Those players that want to rush up through the ages instead of letting the events do it for them will always complain.

1. Research quest - In some ERA's there are open ended tech that you can leave for this purpose. If you don't have one then don't do any research and let the events do it for you. Have a couple of research where all you have to do is put the last forge point on it. Players seem to think once they get into a new ERA they have to fly through it to obtain what it gives. This is incorrect, they can get them through GE if they are patient.

2. Defeat Units - Hit your neighbors or if your guild is focused on this leave a open sector in GVG map and use that to do this.

3. Scout - I usually have the scout out and will not open the navigation bar until that quest comes up.

4. Finish another quest - always have at least 1 story/side quest that needs 1 small thing to finish just for this purpose.

5. Collect coins/supplies - No need to wait for your collection, you have buildings in your inventory you received from GE, lay it down and then sell it.

6. And for all the others same thing, find what works in your city.

DeletedUser30943

You seem to not understand the game, it is a STRATEGY game. The only person to blame if you are getting plundered is yourself.
You completely missed my point. I wasn't getting plundered, nor was I complaining about getting plundered. I was highlighting how someone with access to Daily Challenges for two months longer than anyone else had a significant advantage compared to others, and how that advantage would snowball over time. I'm not even sure how you thought it was a complaint about being plundered.

I didn't miss it at all, understood exactly what he said.
No, clearly you didn't understand, or you wouldn't have responded the way you did. So, let me just spell it out for you: I W-A-S-N-'-T C-O-M-P-L-A-I-N-I-N-G A-B-O-U-T B-E-I-N-G P-L-U-N-D-E-R-E-D! I W-A-S-N-'-T E-V-E-N G-E-T-T-I-N-G P-L-U-N-D-E-R-E-D!

I wasn't even complaining about access to Daily Challenges being unfair, as you asserted in the post where you claimed you understood what I was talking about. I was giving an example of how DCs could be an advantage and how they could snowball. Nothing more. You did, indeed, completely miss my point, even in the post where you tried to pretend you got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30943

Actually, I'd suggest not doing anything for provinces unless you need to for an event. Inno got this one right, at least to my mind, so they won't ask you to take sectors if you have none currently available in any province.

And while I generally agree with your point about not doing anything until you've started your Daily Challenges, I have to wonder whether DCs are going to ultimately encourage a counter-intuitive/counter-productive play style where the object becomes not doing things when you'd like to. Don't visit taverns just because it's been 24 hours, wait and visit them after the DC comes out. Same thing for Aiding. Don't spend tavern silver until the new DC starts. Don't do battles (and by extension, at least consider not advancing on the map or in GE, etc.) until the new DC starts. Heck, even things like the requests for multiple productions will significantly impair any quest-looping you might be doing or at least help the game earn the oft-repeated name of "Forge of Blacksmiths".

While I've been doing them on Beta for the last few months, now that I have DCs in all of my cities, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if they may be more trouble than they're worth, at least for some cities/play styles. For now, I'm doing those that aren't too troublesome, but I have a feeling that's going to change at some point. I never thought DCs were ready for prime time when they were on Beta, and I still agree with that assessment now that they're on live.

Salsuero

I have to wonder whether DCs are going to ultimately encourage a counter-intuitive/counter-productive play style where the object becomes not doing things when you'd like to.

I don't think so. I've already learned that they aren't worth it unless they can be done automatically as I go about my normal routine. I suspect most players already know this as well. The rewards are not really worth the enormous effort of bending your entire strategy to win a 7% chance for the only thing in the chest you actually want. If it's "easy" to do it, I'll knock it out. Free stuff is free stuff, after all. But it's only "free" if I didn't have to do anything outside of what I'd normally be doing. Today, I was asked to sit at 30 taverns. Fortunately (or skillfully, I suppose) for me, I have friends who are active in their taverns. It's Sunday though... people sometimes have things to do on the weekend. I was able to complete it, but I wasn't about to go crazy messaging people to empty taverns and getting bent out of shape in trying to find those last couple free seats. It's not really a "challenge" -- it's mostly busy work designed to keep you in the game for as long as possible, strengthening the addiction, which may drive diamond sales in the future if you get addicted enough and really "need" (want) something bad enough. I vote no.

While I've been doing them on Beta for the last few months, now that I have DCs in all of my cities, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if they may be more trouble than they're worth, at least for some cities/play styles.

Exactly.

I'm doing those that aren't too troublesome, but I have a feeling that's going to change at some point.

As is the case with most novelties... unless you become addicted!

I never thought DCs were ready for prime time when they were on Beta, and I still agree with that assessment now that they're on live.

I never wanted them. I just didn't like that others had them if not everyone did. A level playing field is important to me... if I choose not to go after them, that's on me... but it should be my choice.

DeletedUser31540

i didnt complete the first two challenges but i completed the 3rd and will complete the 4th as well ... basically im with Sal in that i want to play like i normally do and if the quests can be easily accomplished i'll grab the free stuff when i can

Personally i realized that an 8 pm start time works best for me... ill always catch it when it becomes available and i'll have adequate time to plan as long as its worth planning for