• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily quest battle

Saladene

Since Daily quests were added to the game, I have been able to complete every one of them except one ( X amount of 8 hour productions , was too busy irl to do it months ago). A couple weeks ago, defeating pre-generated armies was added as one of the tasks to complete the daily quest. All of the battles have been ok. some simple, some medium difficulty and one very difficult, that I got lucky and defeated it. I have another one of those very tough ones today. I have all potion and tavern boosts activated that I have. Btw, I am in Colonial era with Cath, and Zeus at lvl 8, and have a Royal Marble gateway. I have had no other attack increasing buildings become avail. to me since I started playing game.

The army I have to defeat for daily quest is: Wave I - 6 fast and 2 Rogue, Wave II - 4 light and 4 Heavy. All enemy units are Colonial era and have 40% bonus to their attack and defense. Sounds kinda simple, but because of the bonus that the game has given the enemy armies, they take too many hits to defeat. I have tried many different combinations of colonial era units, and have lost dozenS of them with no success. If anyone know of a good army to attempt to defeat these waves with, please respond. ty. I still have some of all types of Colonial era units (including Champ, color guard, rogues, and Mil. Drumm) to attempt again.

Considering the game basis each players' daily quests on their city, I think this 'army' is too 'op' for my city. Yes, I know I can just not complete the daily quest, but that defeats the purpose, imo. When I get the next 'op army' as a task in the next week or two, I will waste dozens of more units and my time on not defeating it. Thus, every week or two, I will be one day short of eligibility for the 7 daily quests complete reward. I do not think this is what the game designers had in mind.

If game programmers would look into this, i would appreciate it. Even if it means resetting todays daily quest. Hope we can work something out.

DeletedUser

If you have 7 Rogues, I would try those with 1 Heavy (Grenadier), not moving any units until the fast enemy units have hit your Rogues. Then wipe out the fast units so you can one-shot the 2 Rogues. You should be able to get through the first wave with no damage this way. Then use basically the same tactic on the second wave, letting their light (Ranger) units come all the way to your Rogues and hit first. Then wipe out the light and finish off the heavy after.

If you don't have 7 Rogues, use 4 Rogues with ranged (Musketeers). Hit and kill as many fast units as you can on the first turn, the rest will then hit your Rogues and you can finish them off on your second turn and then one-shot the Rogues. Hopefully you can avoid damage, or at worst have minimal damage. Then in the second wave, get away from trees making sure your Rogues are in position to get hit first by the light units (although you should try to not get any hit until you've picked off a couple of the light units) and try to pick off available light units first, then go after the heavies.

You should have at least 78/48% attack/defense boost with what you've said, which should be plenty to take care of that army using my advice. Let me know how it goes.

DeletedUser35712

I'm only in IA, but I would assume two Grenadiers and 6 rogues, or 1 Grenadier and 7 rogues would do the trick. Make sure you build up your attack GBs to get a high attacking bonuses. By colonial you should have roughly lvl 10 for CDM, Zeus, and CoA, so your attacking bonuses will easily beat that army.

If you are really in a crunch and don't have the rogues right now, I guess 8 Grenadiers might do the trick, but you really should get some more rogues.

Also, these are called Daily CHALLENGES, not Daily QUESTS, so you aren't supposed to be successful with each day.

DeletedUser31498

This should be very easy with a couple heavies and the rest rogues, if you have them.

DeletedUser35475

you could also go with musketeers, their range should let them get in some first shots on a lot of units and the rouges can attack and finish off damaged units without changing.

Saladene

ty all for responding. Tried Stephen Longshanks' first strategy, and it worked very nicely !!! no losses nor damage after first wave, and only 2 units took partial damage during second wave. ty, ty !!

DeletedUser31498

Longshanks always rails against the Arc as ruining the game, and my view is Rogue is that way for battling. No one has any barracks except for serious GvGers

DeletedUser

Longshanks always rails against the Arc as ruining the game, and my view is Rogue is that way for battling. No one has any barracks except for serious GvGers
Tell you what, we take the Arc, Rogues and Recurring Quests out of the game, what do you say?

DeletedUser35475

Tell you what, we take the Arc, Rogues and Recurring Quests out of the game, what do you say?

I still don't get how any of these ruin the game for others who choose not to use them. I see people complaining about how the Arc ruined the game. What part? Maybe I don't see it because I am less than 1/2 way through the eras. Is it more obvious as you move up?

DeletedUser

I still don't get how any of these ruin the game for others who choose not to use them. I see people complaining about how the Arc ruined the game. What part? Maybe I don't see it because I am less than 1/2 way through the eras. Is it more obvious as you move up?
It's more obvious if you were around before the Arc and Arc Mania started taking over players' minds.

DeletedUser35475

Ok but I am here now so what is the effect? Do they tend to crowd out donations in higher level neighborhoods? Or is it they are just obsessed with building them to gain lots of FP to build their cities?

Graviton

I still don't get how any of these ruin the game for others who choose not to use them.

I don't get it either, my game hasn't been ruined by any of that stuff. I think the concern is from those who want to become #1 in the hood, or on the ranking board, or those who think the game should never be changed from how it was when they started playing. I think of it as akin to people who grew up using outhouses resenting the invention of indoor plumbing.

DeletedUser29726

It's a different game - you can't choose to "not use them" and stay competitive. And it dumbs down the game a lot. But I mean when they were new i was excited about them. But now that they've been around a long while i'd be pretty excited to play a version of the game where they'll never feature (one, some, or all of them). Essentially when you've played the game long enough you yearn for things to be changed up - and with things that have been 'the right answer' for far too long, seeing them gone is one of the easier ways to guarantee change.

DeletedUser35475

It's a different game - you can't choose to "not use them" and stay competitive. And it dumbs down the game a lot. But I mean when they were new i was excited about them. But now that they've been around a long while i'd be pretty excited to play a version of the game where they'll never feature (one, some, or all of them). Essentially when you've played the game long enough you yearn for things to be changed up - and with things that have been 'the right answer' for far too long, seeing them gone is one of the easier ways to guarantee change.

Serious question. Who do you compete against in this game?

DeletedUser

The original question in this thread has been answered, and it is completely off topic. A moderator should close it.

DeletedUser3882

No one and yet everyone... It all depends on you! That is the beauty of the game. There’s no real right or wrong. It is simply what you want for your city and what goals you have in place for it. With that in mind, you are really only competing against yourself and what figments of your imagination you have dreamt up.

DeletedUser29726

GvG capabilities primarily in my case. There's a need to minimise time spent, losses for that time spent, maximise goods available to use - and keeping up with the various strategies to do all this is somewhat forced if you decide to care. There's also people who compete simply over points or GB levels, but that's not really my cup of tea. If there was truly nothing to compete over, the game would wear out a lot sooner - it doesn't really have great depth for single player play.

DeletedUser35475

GvG capabilities primarily in my case. There's a need to minimise time spent, losses for that time spent, maximise goods available to use - and keeping up with the various strategies to do all this is somewhat forced if you decide to care. There's also people who compete simply over points or GB levels, but that's not really my cup of tea. If there was truly nothing to compete over, the game would wear out a lot sooner - it doesn't really have great depth for single player play.

I don't do GvG. I think this is a good light single player game.

DeletedUser31498

Does seem like it's secondary benefit of oodles of guild goods is way too strong. It should give supplies instead.