• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"Daily" quests are out of control

Savvy187

So some days the daily quest is the only thing that gets me to log in. They used to be on the shorter side, almost fun to try and complete. It seems now though they have become increasingly ridiculous. I believe the other day I had finish 55 FOUR hour productions in a 24 hour timeframe and 22 EIGHT hour on another world.

But today's takes the cake and makes it clear that these daily quests are only geared towards forcing advancement you don't want in order to necessitate future diamond purchases or something. FIVE SECTORS. Five. In one twenty-four hour period.

View attachment 17483
Is that to encourage diamond use? When I see this I just quit and go play something else, never occurred to me to actually do the quests like this.

Agent327

5 sectors AND 11 4 hour productions. I'd consider that a challenge.

I don't. 5 sectors you do not get if you do not have a province open and 11 4 hour productions is a piece of cake. I get to do 36 4 hour productions and can still manage without a problem.

ahsay

I don't. 5 sectors you do not get if you do not have a province open and 11 4 hour productions is a piece of cake. I get to do 36 4 hour productions and can still manage without a problem.
I can also do it but weather you and I can do the quest is not the point, I'm with the OP.

5 sectors is ridiculous. Excuse me if I do not believe you.

Mustapha00

It could be worse: if I recall correctly, right after DCs were introduced, if you accepted one and did not successfully complete it, your completion counter towards obtaining the prize for completing six (seven?) DCs dropped by one.

At least now you lose nothing if you accept a DC and fail to complete it.

To the OP: if the DC does not offer a prize (or a decent chance at a prize) that you really want, just don't do it. I could be wrong here, but the type of DC you receive does not seem to be tied to the desirability of the prize offered, so you could just be patient and wait for the prize you want to require completion of a DC that you can more easily complete.

CaptainKirk1234

I agree with Mustapha.
I see it that either you will get a really hard daily and ignore it, that way you don't waste your time, or you will get something you can actually do and try for it, daily challenges are something that are designed to take up some time, but not absolutely neccasary in the progress of the game, sometimes you might get a good or bad reward, you didn't need to get those FP (for example) it is meant to be fun.

Tony 85 the Generous

I could be wrong here, but the type of DC you receive does not seem to be tied to the desirability of the prize offered, so you could just be patient and wait for the prize you want to require completion of a DC that you can more easily complete.
This is a statement I could not agree with more. Today's DC, collect coins and supplies to get SoK Frags. Two things that will happen any way to get something not worth much to me. To me, it is free to complete to get a petty reward which is the opposite of any usual daily reward that requires 5 sectors (available or not).

RazorbackPirate

I've learned to 'manage' my DCs to never get any Province or buy/spend Tavern quests. Now the only one's I get that I may skip are large quantities of long production quests, which means I'll might skip one or two DCs a month.

MeowKat

So some days the daily quest is the only thing that gets me to log in. They used to be on the shorter side, almost fun to try and complete. It seems now though they have become increasingly ridiculous. I believe the other day I had finish 55 FOUR hour productions in a 24 hour timeframe and 22 EIGHT hour on another world.

It isn't a daily quest. It's a daily CHALLENGE. When you click on the hooded dude, it says the word "Challenge" right at the top. Twice. You're complaining because the challenges are challenging?

If you want to finish 55 4-hour productions, clear out a road in your city and build about 30 Bronze Age blacksmiths. They are only 2x2 buildings and are ready to go in 20 minutes. With 30 of them, you can knock out a 55 production requirement in 2 rounds with hours to spare.

FIVE SECTORS. Five. In one twenty-four hour period.
Five sectors are easy if your troops are more advanced than what you are trying to conquer. Don't advance on the main map until a quest requires it. If your tech tree is still back in the Iron Age, and the only provinces left to conquer / negotiate are up in the High Middle Ages, you're SOL until your tech tree catches up.

Sometimes, a challenge won't be possible. I've run into very large armies that have 2x the troops and a greater att/def bonus. Just let those go. They'll be another challenge tomorrow.

Beezus

They are challenges and not quests and as challenges they need to be challenging.

Those that you describe do not exist and you have a way of controlling the challenges you get.

Here is proof they exist for the mod calling me a liar. As you can see I have two production buildings but the game thinks I can complete 22 8-hour productions in one 24 hour period.

1606576493521.png

Agent327

Here is proof they exist for the mod calling me a liar. As you can see I have two production buildings but the game thinks I can complete 22 8-hour productions in one 24 hour period.

View attachment 17508

I did not call you a liar. I said the quests do not exist. 55 FOUR hour productions I have never seen. That you have only 2 production buildings is your choice. If you want to be able to do the challenge I suggest you build more.

Once again, these are challenges, not quests.

DevaCat

View attachment 17508
The Collector's Chest seems to be the one that wants the larger quantity lengthier productions, and most of the time if I do these at all, what I get goes right to the AD. If your city has only 2 production buildings then this is the kind of DC you probably should just skip. (I see it's just this last one before you collect the Challenger's Chest so I understand why it's driving you nuts.:D)

It's all in how you set things up.

For example, in my oldest city I do recurring quests with a CF while I'm collecting the city (I'm not a RQ grinder). I have pairs of supply producers arranged in a column set to 24-hr productions for the RQs. I could reset these to do challenges like the one above, but rather than lose the more valuable (to me) RQ production, I have a mix of blacksmiths and regular producers placed to do the chore -- this one I could do in 2 8-hr cycles.

They are there because events demand a lot of these production chores, and events seem to come one on the heels of the last. I can set these regular producers to 24-hr in between events for the RQs, and the blacksmiths are disposable so I can do the "build x (whatever) buildings" chores. Keeping the main bank of RQ producers set on 24-hr comes in handy for those 24-hr production event quest roadblocks they like to throw in, btw.