• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Dark Hall Beggars Nite and a Somber Tale

DeletedUser2193

The Village of Dark Hall which lies to the far West is preparing for Beggars Nite, a very ancient ancient ritual. We gather woods and lumber for bonfires we will light to welcome Sanheim the start of a very New Year. We carve turnips, potatoes and pumpkins for Jack, the hapless soul who centuries ago made a deal with the Devil. We abandon our work in our iron, copper foundries and salt mines.......its a Holiday!

We love Mother Nature but understand her cruelty at times. So our homes in Dark Hall have a candle in each window....and our doorsteps are crossed with Salt so that no unclean Spirit may enter.
We whisper the mysteries of the Druids, our forefathers and chant their rhymes......our warriors are energized and very protective of our homes from outside invasion.
Beggars Nite will have one and all going from door to door, trick or treat....give no alm and your goods may disappear! Ha!
A festive time indeed!
Late last nite at the witching hour.........a weary scout came from a very very great distance, he spoke with sadness and sorrow of a wall of water higher than a mountain that ate many many villages and people. We are so sad, but we light our candles and think of those far far far to the East.......Mother Nature must be angry! Have we respected her seas, her trees, the life she allows us......were we carless in our ways? Did we slaughter forests to make fancy homes? We must ask the Sage in our Village, Saerale.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Aye, Lady Caroline Red. Her highness should consider forming the water brigade as part of the preparations lest the city burns to the ground from all the burning candles.

HeHe imaginative.

DeletedUser2193

Her Highness? I've not done bad considering my great grandfather was born in a HUT! Our village sage Saerale is worried, he sees the likes of us suffering from persecution centuries down the line.....he said they will "burn us"......ugh. In the month of Summer I appealed to the rabble to be careful with those damn candles, but they, drink they smoke the dried herbs all day.......damn Stoners......trust me you would not want my job! And I have to deal with the Earth First people, the Elves, and what the heck has Haarp been up to.....and where is my day off???? Water brigade? Now thats in my todo list. Blessings to you and I thank you for writing.

DeletedUser

M'lady, I had a harvest of fruit spoil. I'll send it over immediately for use in your pillory. This may help raise the spirits of your rabble. Provided, that is, if they are past the "munchies" resulting from smoking your "weed". The rest you can use to fertilize those wind breaks.;)

DeletedUser2193

M'lady, I had a harvest of fruit spoil. I'll send it over immediately for use in your pillory. This may help raise the spirits of your rabble. Provided, that is, if they are past the "munchies" resulting from smoking your "weed". The rest you can use to fertilize those wind breaks.;)
Beautiful m'Lord........the rot will be well used at the pillory.......we will place some very close to the building that the notorious Leogrance consistently plunders....he will slip eventually and off to the Gallows he will go......as for the "rabble" they vex me to no end....why why did I take this job....? I truly should send the rabble in as first line of defense in the Towers? Hmmm.....wind breaks......well some in my village talk about nothing but our growth from "green" spirits.....too much weed, methinks.....
Happy Halloween.........