• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Declaration of Intent

DeletedUser33297

I have reached out to some of the people here, people I think know how to play the game, no matter how you want to play, in an effort to create a beginners guide if you will. I know I made a ton of mistakes when I started...I followed most of the new game rules....I tried to "WIN" IMMEDIATELY. Took me 2 eras and a friend who reached out, to halt that misconception. But I digress.

The game is all about knowing how to play, the right things to do, and the wrong things to avoid. Granted, no one will ever play the same, but if I/We can help them avoid some of the common pitfalls, I feel the need to do that. If you have any "relevant" information, I would love to hear it. I presume this guide will be a compilation of everything I can acquire from people who have suffered from a mistake made.

DISCLAIMER: Not everything presented here may be in the final guide. All contributors relinquish their right(s) to be mentioned in the guide, if and when it is completed and presented to the public at large. Bottom line is, if you want to help, HELP. If you want credit, I dont need your help.

Anything and everything included in the guide will be approved by anyone contributing to the guide. I will not present it to the public unless ALL contributors have signed off. If you have any questions, Please send me a conversation, I dont want the thread to be 1000 questions.

Thank you.

DeletedUser26965

Step 1. Play on Browser not mobile except for making big fast donations to GB's.

Step 2. Ignore the CR HQ guide

DeletedUser33297

Step 1. Play on Browser not mobile except for making big fast donations to GB's.
Good point SJS, but its my personal opinion that MOST people prolly play on phones. Not sure we want to alienate all those people form the start, sir. :)

DeletedUser26965

Good point SJS, but its my personal opinion that MOST people prolly play on phones. Not sure we want to alienate all those people form the start, sir. :)
Just tell them to build a PC, good for the soul.

DeletedUser33297

This isn't
Just tell them to build a PC, good for the soul.
This isn't about "telling anyone" anything. I hope its about giving new people some sense of guidance that I was seriously lacking. Lets keep our suggestions within that framewrok please.

DeletedUser21322

I have reached out to some of the people here, people I think know how to play the game, no matter how you want to play, in an effort to create a beginners guide if you will. I know I made a ton of mistakes when I started...I followed most of the new game rules....I tried to "WIN" IMMEDIATELY. Took me 2 eras and a friend who reached out, to halt that misconception. But I digress.

The game is all about knowing how to play, the right things to do, and the wrong things to avoid. Granted, no one will ever play the same, but if I/We can help them avoid some of the common pitfalls, I feel the need to do that. If you have any "relevant" information, I would love to hear it. I presume this guide will be a compilation of everything I can acquire from people who have suffered from a mistake made.

DISCLAIMER: Not everything presented here may be in the final guide. All contributors relinquish their right(s) to be mentioned in the guide, if and when it is completed and presented to the public at large. Bottom line is, if you want to help, HELP. If you want credit, I dont need your help.

Anything and everything included in the guide will be approved by anyone contributing to the guide. I will not present it to the public unless ALL contributors have signed off. If you have any questions, Please send me a conversation, I dont want the thread to be 1000 questions.

Thank you.

Can you message me your beginners guide? Over the next couple of weeks I will be revising a lot of forum topics, would appreciate the input of what players need/want.

DeletedUser33297

There isn't one yet. The purpose of this thread is for some of us to collaborate on writing one. If we could keep the comments not contributing to that end to a minimum, that would be nice.
I have reached out to the people who know. This thread is for the normal people tell their tales. Please refrain from "Commenting on any ones post" It defeats MY purpose.
Thank you

Graviton

I'll post things as they come to me. Right now, off the top of my head:

Don't stuff your city to the gills. By that I mean save some open space for task requirements. I know that space is a premium but there are story tasks, DCs, and Event quests that ask you to build this or that, whether it be decos or cultural or military buildings. Save some room so those can be done more easily. This will also help when it comes time to advance an Age and replace and/or rearrange buildings.

DeletedUser33297

I think the main issue would be DO NOT run thru the ages, as the game wants you to do. My experience has been, that most people dont understand this untill the are in LMA or beyond. Leveling up is NOT you friend.

Personal advice:
Produce boosted goods...produce them all day, every day. At some point you will want to join a guild and goods are money. You will also want to do GE, simply because it offers good rewards. Remember, space is the lock to this game and earning fps per space is the key.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33297

REALLY? With all the opionated people on this forum....No one has an anyhing to say. Seems like all you really care about is beating people down, not propping them up. 100's of worthless posts indicate that's how you roll. No wonder this forum sucks,,,,,no one gives a shit.

Graviton

Relax! I've been busy. And it's a bit difficult to come up with something that's not already been said somewhere else.

I'll echo your sentiment: goods, goods, and more goods. You can't have enough. Don't bother with unboosted goods buildings; it seems I see a lot of people doing that, but it's a terrible waste of space and time. I usually will build one of my boosted goods buildings (early in the game I might build two if they're small). Build your inventory of that good up to 400-500 and use those to trade for the rest of the goods you need from that era. I'll then switch over to my other boosted good to build that one up.

Of course this entails 'camping', so that echoes your other point: don't race through the tech tree. You're going to need goods from each age for a couple of ages beyond it, so stockpile.

Get your hands on every building you can that offers an option to produce goods, such as Bazaars and other special buildings.

You can't avoid being attacked, but who cares? You don't lose the troops so big deal. Still, you should mount a full defensive army of current-age troops. This will sometimes deter an attacker who's looking for a quick fight against the infamous two spearmen. It might also keep a player from repeat attacks if you cost him enough troops; this is especially true in the earlier ages before everyone has an Alcatraz.

More later...

Graviton

Don't delete anything from your inventory. Several tasks ask you to build a number of decos or other buildings, and many times you'll have something in your inventory that will fit the bill. This lets you fulfill the task without having to spend the resources and time required to build something normally.

Graviton

Not always, but many times when a task asks you to delete a building, when it doesn't specify a building type, roads will work.

DeletedUser34363

In a true Beginner's Guide, it would be helpful to actually explain how to set up your defensive army since it's not very intuitive.