• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Decorations

67Sage101

So I'm here in the EMA looking ahead to HMA and I see decorations are unlocked with some research. LOL. Who need decorations past the Iron Age? No one that plays the game. This kind of stuff confirms to me the Dev's don't understand how their game is played. A flag, a signpost, and a lantern. I'd love to see a stat on how many cities actually waste a block of space to put up a signpost.

Agent327

What is it that you feel the need to come up with these negative comments? If you do not like the game, just quit. Those decorations became part of the game in 2012. Sure, things have changed since then, but they are part of the basics. Based on the way you play, there are many more things you will nebver use. Does not mean they are not part of the game.

67Sage101

Your sentiment is in line with what I think the Dev's feel. If you don't like it quit. You make it clear that Dev's certainly don't ever plan to take general game discussion and feedback into account. And from what I see you rarely have a good answer. Decorations being part of the game since 2012 belongs in the game introduction. Not in general feedback discussion. My feedback is get rid of decorations and come up with something new and useful. The reply from you is don't give feedack and why not quit instead. Why have feedback if you're just going to explain everything away and ignore every comment? Why don't you get rid of the feedback forum if you don't want to hear it.

67Sage101

I know the developers can pull the game stats and see the numbers. I'm in the EMA and I have 8447 extra happiness. Why would I need a signpost that gives 26 ????????????????????????????????

Agent327

I know the developers can pull the game stats and see the numbers.

What on earth does that have to do with it? When the game started those decorations were relevant. If you don't need them, don't use them. It's as easy as that.

You are not giving feedback. All you do is complain and be negative. If you really do not like the game, just stop playing.

Graviton

My feedback is get rid of decorations and come up with something new and useful.

The problem with this is that there are new players every day, and even veteran players starting new cities, and decorations are useful in those situations, at least for awhile. Just because they become obsolete over time doesn't mean they're obsolete for everyone. What the devs understand that some players don't is that in a game like this, pieces have to be offered that appeal to a wide range of players in all stages of city development. There will inevitably be things that fall out of use as one advances.

I must agree with Agent: if your city doesn't need them then don't build them. I don't see why their mere existence is a problem.

Volodya

Your sentiment is in line with what I think the Dev's feel. If you don't like it quit. You make it clear that Dev's certainly don't ever plan to take general game discussion and feedback into account. And from what I see you rarely have a good answer. Decorations being part of the game since 2012 belongs in the game introduction. Not in general feedback discussion. My feedback is get rid of decorations and come up with something new and useful. The reply from you is don't give feedack and why not quit instead. Why have feedback if you're just going to explain everything away and ignore every comment? Why don't you get rid of the feedback forum if you don't want to hear it.
Oddly enough, some of us use decorations, not for the tiny happiness they provide but--wait for it--actually to decorate our cities because we care how they look.

Falconwing

Dev's don't understand how their game is played.
What you don't understand is that, how you play, is not their concern. They make the game, you play it how you like. Everyone plays different, but you feel they should change the game to focus on how YOU play? Not everyone is 'in it to win it' and looking for maximum bonuses or here for the long haul. Some just want to plow through the ages for fun, some are just upgrading from Farmtown. You don't like or need decos? Don't build them and go on with your game.

DevaCat

You make it clear that you do not understand how the forum -- and feedback -- works. Here, this thread and where you started it, is not a "feedback forum", it is "general game discussion." No Dev is going to pay any attention at all to what is discussed here. If you feel you must give your (uninformed) feedback, and seriously want a Dev to read it, then it has to go in one of the sections clearly marked "Feedback." Got it?

The other place to get your (uninformed) feedback considered is in the Ideas section. The Devs don't read that section either, but if a suggestion passes the gauntlet it can be passed on by a mod to the Dev team. Good luck with that.

Now you're completely free to make your pronouncements here, and I am free to consider them uninformed opinions and, within reason, comment. Your statements are being considered and not ignored as you claim. Explained away? Maybe. Most people responding here are trying to explain (in a nice way) why your ideas aren't so great. I could be nice and try to explain how a bad attitude doesn't help your cause. But I'll not bother lol. Given your negative posts elsewhere, I can understand the suggestion that if you dislike the game then perhaps it's not for you and you could quit.

As for Agent rarely having a good answer, heh, well that all depends on which hat (mod or player) he's wearing. ;)

67Sage101

The problem with this is that there are new players every day, and even veteran players starting new cities, and decorations are useful in those situations, at least for awhile. Just because they become obsolete over time doesn't mean they're obsolete for everyone.

In my original post I mentioned that they are relic rewards for the HMA research tree. Starting a new city starts in the stone age which is irrelevant to this discussion. Also useless decorations are given as rewards in GE along with houses and other useless items of insulting quality.

Godly Luke

Also useless decorations are given as rewards in GE along with houses and other useless items of insulting quality.
Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean they're not useful for others. Casual players will use houses. They're not leveling up an Inno to 20. Casual players will use decos. The simplest answer for your lack of understanding is to not use the decos/houses. If you don't' like them, don't use them. And if you don't use them, then don't complain about them.

67Sage101

What on earth does that have to do with it? When the game started those decorations were relevant. If you don't need them, don't use them. It's as easy as that.

You are not giving feedback. All you do is complain and be negative. If you really do not like the game, just stop playing.

I have considered quitting. Any refund for those diamonds I purchased? Didn't think so. But I hear you....shut up and go away, I get it. Just buy diamonds and be silent....figures. I suggest INNO change the name of this thread and remove "feedback" from the name. It's clear you don't want feedack and your characterization of all feedback is negative. It would be a positive if you considered it might be a game improvement. But whatever, ignore me and keep offering trees and shrubs as rewards for the HMA research tree.

67Sage101

The simplest answer for your lack of understanding is to not use the decos/houses.
I was that player not long ago. A house or decoration is a simple coin/production equivalent. And all they are good for is to trade for a few coins in the antique shop. Otherwise they take up space in inventory. I get it.

67Sage101

"Most don't appear to use them to as a basis for discussion. It's more like a basis for the next pithy SLAM." Sound familiar?

Yes that is what I said....so... here is what you said, " The simplest answer for your lack of understanding".

And here is what agent327 says, " You are not giving feedback. All you do is complain and be negative."

The above certainly are not game discussion or feedback. But personal attacks on the person making the post. Which proves my quote correct. That's what people do. They can't help but characterize the poster as a complainer, idiot, person with lack of understanding. It's an ancient argument technique which attempts to avoid the raised issue and make the poster the issue. And it works well. Looking back over this thread there are some comments about the game but more about me...the poster.

Vger

In my original post I mentioned that they are relic rewards for the HMA research tree.
My main city is in Industrial. I just looked at the cities of 10 hoodies at the bottom of the hood. They are all in iNa. 6 of the 10 have HMA era Flags. I counted 17 flags, probably missed some.

I've notice for a long time that people like those silly flags for whatever reason.

I can't imagine why Inno would remove something that people use and seem to like.
What do you want Inno to do, tell these people they've been playing wrong and take away their flags? Does that sound like a good business decision to you?

DevaCat

LOL....look at the name of the thread....you neglected "& feedback" in the forum name. And then claimed I don't know how it works? Perhaps english isn't your strong suit. Here's the definition of feedback:

The transmission of evaluative or corrective information about an action, event, or process to the original or controlling source.

So if the DEV's never look at it then there is no point in having it called a discussion and feedback thread.

Get it ?
Lol.

I did not neglect the "& feedback" in the subforum title. And I remain correct in my statement that you do not understand how it works. If you look below the sub-sub forum titled "Beta" there is another titled "Announcements Feedback", and that's where the devs will read feedback. Below those two sections, here where you created this thread, is the general discussion area, where the devs do not come to read. To expect anyone from Inno to read what you have to say, here, is a pointless exercise in futility.

Got it?

67Sage101

Lol.

I did not neglect the "& feedback" in the subforum title. And I remain correct in my statement that you do not understand how it works. If you look below the sub-sub forum titled "Beta" there is another titled "Announcements Feedback", and that's where the devs will read feedback. Below those two sections, here where you created this thread, is the general discussion area, where the devs do not come to read. To expect anyone from Inno to read what you have to say, here, is a pointless exercise in futility.

Got it?
Yes. Got it. Pointless as I said. And you agreed.