• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Defeat this Large Army daily quest

DarnTootin

I noticed these popping up in my dailies recently and most of them are close to impossible without spending diamonds to heal / resurrect your troops at the end of the first wave. I'm currently in the Modern Era and I have to beat 16 Modern Era troops with an 80% attack / defense bonus with only 8 troops on my side. I've thrown many different combinations of troops at them and can't even beat the first wave.

I know these are supposed to be challenging but do they need to be toned down a bit? An 80% attack / defense bonus is pretty hefty.

DeletedUser15539

I agree with Icarus. If you can't defeat 16 troops at an 80% boost, then you have advanced in tech age too darned fast. Stop with the tech tree, and level up your military great buildings for four or five months. Either that, or agree with CSF and "don't fight much".

DarnTootin

I agree with Icarus. If you can't defeat 16 troops at an 80% boost, then you have advanced in tech age too darned fast. Stop with the tech tree, and level up your military great buildings for four or five months. Either that, or agree with CSF and "don't fight much".
I have Monte (level 6), Zeus (level 4), Aachen (level 2) and some event buildings (Halmbock 3% and 2 Sakura Rock 10%) that give me a total of 59% attack boost and 36% attack defense boost.

Should I get all of these GBs up to 10? What attack/defense boost should I have to effectively counter an 80/80 army?

DeletedUser31498

what do ppl do after the 3 attack GBs are level 10? I just got there, and now not really sure how to proceed to get my attack up.

DeletedUser30900

what do ppl do after the 3 attack GBs are level 10? I just got there, and now not really sure how to proceed to get my attack up.
you can build up AO and Kraken or you can keep leveling up those 3 GBs up. It takes 3 times effort but still helps a lot.

DeletedUser30900

I have Monte (level 6), Zeus (level 4), Aachen (level 2) and some event buildings (Halmbock 3% and 2 Sakura Rock 10%) that give me a total of 59% attack boost and 36% attack defense boost.

Should I get all of these GBs up to 10? What attack/defense boost should I have to effectively counter an 80/80 army?
I dont know about ME yet but at PE you can do it with 90% if you have the right 1+7.

Triopoly Champion

36% defense boost for the attacking army is way too low in the Modern Era, you cannot even battle-finish the 1st half of GE level 3.

Waiting for the Virtual Future release, then buy VF goods to build the "Terracotta Army" GB.

DeletedUser31308

Don't push them any further until you have your Arc at lvl 80. Then you shouldn't have an issue pushing them each up to ~60. Other things people do: collect sets/special buildings that give attack%, put down the strike team center from CE for its attack%

Salsuero

I noticed these popping up in my dailies recently and most of them are close to impossible without spending diamonds to heal / resurrect your troops at the end of the first wave. I'm currently in the Modern Era and I have to beat 16 Modern Era troops with an 80% attack / defense bonus with only 8 troops on my side. I've thrown many different combinations of troops at them and can't even beat the first wave.

I know these are supposed to be challenging but do they need to be toned down a bit? An 80% attack / defense bonus is pretty hefty.

I don't find them particularly challenging. I'm very sorry that they are for you. You might work on your attack bonus GBs some more. It really helps a great deal with these types of enemies. I have my CoA at level 6 at the moment and my CdM and Zeus are both level 10. I have two special event buildings giving me a little extra boost as well. It's not that hard to get to a point where you can beat these armies with much less difficulty, but yours may need to be a bit higher than mine depending on your era's particular needs. Still, you can get to a point where you don't need diamonds. Keep in mind... picking the right offense to match the defense you are up against can also make a big difference! And don't forget that you have boosts available in the tavern, as well as some you may have earned from events and incidents that may help you get over the hump. Good luck!

Last edited:

qaccy

There are multiple versions of the battle task for DCs, and I think that's the toughest version. Most of the other DC tasks also have multiple levels of 'difficulty', and their toughest versions may also be pretty difficult depending on how you play. There isn't really anything wrong with having difficulty with the battle task. I personally don't see it as being any different from someone struggling with the production tasks. There are ways you can improve or change your gameplay in order to make any of these tasks easier if you wish to.

DeletedUser35830

Inno showing us how to play lol, my attack is over 70, my attack defense is over 50 and I matched the best I could for being attacked by a 2nd army, spent about 70 diamonds after the first wave and still lost, for coins that are worthless if you have the might to beat this army! The only reason I tried was to get closer to the 7th daily pay out. This game play is strickly a ruse to get us spending diamonds, I'll pass on the next one!

DeletedUser26965

This game play is strickly a ruse to get us spending diamonds
No ruse, they design the entire game to try to get you to spend/buy diamonds or else how would be able to play for free but you can do pretty much everything in the game without spending any diamonds at all. In the case of fighting the most difficult fight among the options one may have to get their a/d bonus up higher, use other GB's such as AO and Kraken and also perhaps study fighting a bit more, same goes for GE as you progress up to the harder fights.

DeletedUser30900

No ruse, they design the entire game to try to get you to spend/buy diamonds or else how would be able to play for free but you can do pretty much everything in the game without spending any diamonds at all. In the case of fighting the most difficult fight among the options one may have to get their a/d bonus up higher, use other GB's such as AO and Kraken and also perhaps study fighting a bit more, same goes for GE as you progress up to the harder fights.
or you can whine and quit playing :)

DeletedUser26965

or you can whine and quit playing :)
well, actually whining can actually work, they're probably changing the summer event now due to whining about the wheel, not the first time I've seen them change things based on whining, matter of fact they did so even to DC tasks, here's some of what they changed based on whining so I can see if enough people whine about this they may change it, but maybe not;

• "Research technology" was removed from the condition pool, because there were too many scenarios where it wouldn't be feasible in a day. (Example: Promethium production)
  • "Win negotiation on first try" was removed from the condition pool, because it mostly seemed to lead to frustration.
  • We also improved all expedition-related challenges. Both timing and specific requirements will be more tailored to your individual progress.
  • The challenge asking you to solve other quests was sometimes too hard. We kept the challenge, but reduced amount of quests it will ask you to complete.
  • Tavern-related challenges could sometimes be too demanding, leading you to getting stuck because of other people's actions, or lack thereof. These types of challenge conditions will now be much more achievable.
  • Some challenges asked to do multiple 5 and 15 minutes productions. We reduced the amount of productions to do.
New Feature - Daily Challenges

DeletedUser30900

well, actually whining can actually work, they're probably changing the summer event now due to whining about the wheel, not the first time I've seen them change things based on whining, matter of fact they did so even to DC tasks, here's some of what they changed based on whining so I can see if enough people whine about this they may change it, but maybe not;
it only works if its something that you can't complete by putting more effort into it. This is obviously not something they would spend time to redo in near future.

DeletedUser35830

and why can an Identical army with a 10% boost beat an army with 75 points?