• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

defriended over finishing another's GB. Why?

del drakcol

I finished a high level players GB (GB was also high level). She defriended me and said I cost her forge points. Player will not give me an explanation and I have no idea what I did wrong or how she lost forge points. Why?

RazorbackPirate

You cost them what is called a double dip. A double dip is the ability to collect a GB twice when it levels. To do a double dip, you wait until the GB is ready to collect before you level it. You then collect, level the GB, then immediately collect again.

With a FP GB, especially a high level one, leveling it can cost the other player quite a few FPs. To avoid this, it has become a courtesy to not level another's GB, leaving on or more FPs for the owner to add when they're ready to collect.

del drakcol

You cost them what is called a double dip. A double dip is the ability to collect a GB twice when it levels. To do a double dip, you wait until the GB is ready to collect before you level it. You then collect, level the GB, then immediately collect again.

With a FP GB, especially a high level one, leveling it can cost the other player quite a few FPs. To avoid this, it has become a courtesy to not level another's GB, leaving on or more FPs for the owner to add when they're ready to collect.
TY. Had no idea that was possible.

DeletedUser

The worst to level early are Great Buildings that have Forge Points every 24/hr. A level 85 Arctic Orangery would lose the owner 85 Forge Points, when losing out on a Double dip. Equally Cape Canaveral. About half that for CDM, Kraken, Inno Tower, Sophia,
But even others with less lost... some people go ape over an unwanted flip. Basically never flip a GB unless the owner states in a message OK to flip or OK to level
Not necessarily ,

My Traz is at 90 and a lost double dip would be 89 units less and worth much more than 89 FP in GbG or GE. There are others very valuable as well , Lost high level Himeji Castle charges can be worth up to 200 FP each , 200 goods and other very valuable items (Spoils of War) ,

Always best to never level any GB unless specifically given permission by the owner. Even no collection Gbs like Zeus , TA or ToR , it's just rude to level without asking first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vger

Always best to never level any GB unless specifically given permission by the owner.
Except, of course, for revenge. You don't need permission for that.

Even no collection Gbs like Zeus , TA or ToR , it's just rude to level without asking first.
I don't agree with that. As long as someone gets the rules and wants to put in the extra FP or 2 as a way of saying thanks for cheap BP's, I'm good with that. Just don't level my CC. LOL.

Tytan the Great

On top of everything said, for some gb like the Blue Galaxy, if you level it early, you will mess up the collection timing, and in turn mess up everything. I had it happened to me before. Now I always leave at least 5 fps unfilled. It is very annoying to your GB flipped unexpectedly.

jon38ak

I finished a high level players GB (GB was also high level). She defriended me and said I cost her forge points. Player will not give me an explanation and I have no idea what I did wrong or how she lost forge points. Why?

I have also done this out of ignorance until someone I had offended against explained the "sniping" concept to me.

My first reaction is that the whole idea of players (including some here) who warn, "... never flip a GB unless the owner states in a message OK to flip or OK to level" is that is their own rules only--an agreement of sorts they have entered into with Guild members or Friends (or both.) You can and may Contribute Forge Points to anyone's Great Building(s) in whatever amount. IF it so happens to "flip" or "level" their Great Building ahead of their schedule, that creates an inconvenience for THEM. However, beware their repercussions--as alluded to here by others. They will probably Unfriend you if Friends and Attack then Plunder your City (sometimes repeatedly) as retaliation.

I often "Snipe" non-Friend neighbors if they (or those with whom they have their agreements/arrangements...whatever) leave a profitable-to-me Rewards level open as P C C and DevaCat discuss above. At worst they might Plunder some Goods from me later.

And, as Vger states above, " Except, of course, for revenge." When my city is Plundered I will try to "flip" or "level" a Great Building or two of the plunderer. I get great satisfaction in imagining the affects on them.

Johnny B. Goode

If the no-collection GB is in the profit zone, there's a chance the owner unlocked too many levels before learning about it or figuring it out. In that case leveling might cost them by leaving them open to sniping.
That's an excellent argument for unlocking multiple levels of a no-collection GB. Snipe away, brothers and sisters! I'll put a few FP on if necessary, but otherwise level it up...and up...and up!

P C C

Lol ;) I mean this kindly, but if the owner unlocked too many levels, especially if it was an Arc, then that owner deserves to get sniped from Georgia to Maine ... Just saying :)
It's not unnatural for a beginning player to unlock levels as soon as they get a full set of blueprints, as they have no idea of the potential pitfall if they go too far. Sure, it's fine to take advantage of that ignorance, but if we're discussing courtesy to a GB owner because it would cost the owner FP missing a double dip and why they might be upset then I'd say the same rationale applies here.

That's an excellent argument for unlocking multiple levels of a no-collection GB. Snipe away, brothers and sisters! I'll put a few FP on if necessary, but otherwise level it up...and up...and up!
It's your experience that you can out wait them and get them to eventually add enough more so you end up benefiting rather than losing? Or you don't care if it never gets leveled? Then sure.

Johnny B. Goode

It's your experience that you can out wait them and get them to eventually add enough more so you end up benefiting rather than losing? Or you don't care if it never gets leveled? Then sure.
I don't get how you all of a sudden you're talking about a GB that never gets leveled when we're discussing another player leveling someone's GB. If they're not going to level it, it's irrelevant to this discussion. If they are going to level it, your point is moot.

Glockgemini

Say a person puts a GB in the 100 point tread but only has 98 left and doesn't say anything. If you drop 100 (98) without looking closely and flip it, do they have a right to complain?

P C C

I don't get how you all of a sudden you're talking about a GB that never gets leveled when we're discussing another player leveling someone's GB. If they're not going to level it, it's irrelevant to this discussion. If they are going to level it, your point is moot.
My original point was that if someone has a GB in the profit zone and their next level is unlocked, because they weren't aware that led them open to relative loss via sniping rather than 1.9x when they unlocked, then leveling it might make them unhappy even if they aren't losing a double dip. Since you replied you were ok with having those levels unlocked and with someone adding FP to level and then snipe your next level, I wondered how your next level was going to be completed (especially if you only put a few FP on yourself).

Johnny B. Goode

My original point was that if someone has a GB in the profit zone and their next level is unlocked, because they weren't aware that led them open to relative loss via sniping rather than 1.9x when they unlocked, then leveling it might make them unhappy even if they aren't losing a double dip. Since you replied you were ok with having those levels unlocked and with someone adding FP to level and then snipe your next level, I wondered how your next level was going to be completed (especially if you only put a few FP on yourself).
You really don't know? That's hard to believe. How could you even comment in such a thread if you don't understand something so basic?