• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Deleted account

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

Ranks points are meaningless. Chasing them is futile.

My LMA city is ranked #1 in the hood, besting #2 by over 4 million rank points. I've never bought diamonds.

Graviton

Ranks points are meaningless. Chasing them is futile.

Some people find them meaningful, but your second sentence is true whether a player finds ranking meaningful or not.

Advancing in the ranking unites all the players from the gargantuan big to the tiniest small. It's the first little bit of achievement you notice. There doesn't seem to be even an
Achievement Medal for rapidity of advancement against your peers.

Your proposal seems to argue against itself. For people who find rank important, their reward is gaining rank. The rest of us don't care about rank, and thus don't care about extra rewards for gaining it.

Last edited:

Agent327

Advancing in the ranking unites all the players from the gargantuan big to the tiniest small. It's the first little bit of achievement you notice. There doesn't seem to be even an
Achievement Medal for rapidity of advancement against your peers.

I clearly saw you say you would stop comming up with proposals. So sad it lasted this short :(

Algona

Personal perspective on Ranking.

Except for the value of hood placement having an influence on being attacked in PvP, Rank is meaningless.

Yet people go batshit crazy chasing it, have since the start of the game.Forum vets will remember the major explosion when INNO rebalanced Ranking.

The folk who are gonna drop Diamonds chasing Rank already are.doing so in other ways.

An Achievement might,make INNO a bit of cash, but I'm pretty sure the logic of spending money to get an Acheivement might be a luttle too tenuous for most people to go down that path.

Especially since INNO currently gets the huge benefits of folk chasing Ranking for free now.

But then again, who knows? That last part, that the achievement is based on how fast you move up versus your peers is just the sort of silly meaningless thing that might capture some folks imagination.

Of course since Acheivements have a hard cap, you could only win a few of them. But still?

Hmmm. You know this idea seems so ridiculous on the face of it, but it might actually work.

DevaCat

I might add the terse brow beating with little understanding or sympathy for a relative outsider doesn't help the bottom line either. This Lord of the Flies quasi- customer service is a dubious business model.

No brow beating there that I saw. Terse? Yes, but a one-word statement as a reason for a negative vote is actually an act of mercy and not a long-winded withering personal attack upon a relative newcomer. It is usually an economy for a member who has seen a lot of posters and proposals come and go. Try to not take it personally.

In case you are confused (no offense intended), respondents are not Inno customer service reps, quasi or not, they are simply other players who care enough to reply.

DeletedUser

He might have requested that his account be deleted (outside of my sphere of knowledge/authority, so I don't know), but if it had been deleted he would show as "guest" rather than "New Member". He did delete all his posts on this thread except the OP, which he can't. And since he edited it to be now meaningless, the thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.