• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Deleted

Tolarien

If you are not a "competitive player" and in a relaxed guild just build a plunder-less city. Then all your plunder troubles just dissolve into blissful peace and quiet. GB's, non-plunder event buildings, SoK, wishing well/fountain, 3-5 of age supply buildings for event quests, 10-20 blacksmiths for event, Towers of your pleasure(Tact., Sent, etc.) and that's about it. Any other plunder-less buildings you want to have i.e. Botanical, Globe, Carousel, cultural, etc.

(I do leave a {Motel Six} Blacksmith running a 5min timer for the ones that really need their plunder fix, you're welcome plundering scum!!!!)

MJ Artisan of War

Have plenty of friends already... Hoodies aren't friends... they are food. I want free stuff from my hoodies.
That said, I would attack anyway just for fun... even if there is nothing to take but the win.

Emberguard

One Bronze Age Horseman is fewer points. FYI.
If you started a city when any event building gives units you could probably get a bronze age clubman :p Ranking points are battle points / 50 and clubman only gives 40 points. No idea whether the system would round that up to 1 ranking point or be the only unit to truly provide 0 ranking points if a single unit is in defense

And on that note, Not sure if Horseman and Spearmen would give different ranking points either. Because again, it's divided by 50 and if you do that you get 1.6 and 1.8 respectively for 80 and 90 battle points. So for both of those numbers I'd expect it to either be whole numbers for 1 ranking point or round up for 2 points

Algona

A good tactic for your defensive army

Kinda curious. What prompted you to go back to page one of a thread you created in 2019 and respond to a post you ignored over the last 15 months to respond to a person who no longer plays the game who posted about a lopsided attack / defense that no longer pertains to the game?

Interesting to note that the post you quoted prompted more then a page of debate. The poster who started that debate acknowledged they were necoring the thread.

will just leave a one spear-fighter as defense which causes them to lose interest because they are attacking for points.

It's still awful advice.

This awful advice was already given on page thee and four of this thread in posts by you and another player.

My response to you on page four still stands.

It seems to me one should weigh the pros and cons of plunderin'. Do you want a friend that will aid your city, contribute fps to your GBs and pick up your trades or do you want an enemy that ignores you?

It's not an exclusive alternative.

A plunderer can and often does have a full active Friends list and plunder every player they can.

----------

However there is one nice benefit from this 'Guide' being necroed.

One of the best posts of all time os in this thread attribution lost through the DeletedUser initative, the gift that keeps on taking. Pity we can't go back and read more of their posts.

Thanks to BlackSand the Sly, a prolific poster who lasted about a year and sadly no longer with us. for presenting the most liked post on this forum:

If you aid the attacker’s city or donate to one of their Great Buildings ...

DO NOT ASSUME YOU ARE IMPORTANT
ENOUGH THAT THEY EVEN NOTICE ... !!!!

You should be proactive defending your city, and if you message an attacker, think hard, use humor, and see if there is anything you can do to stop attacks.

DON’T PLAY THE HELPLESS VICTIM CARD

We are Forging Empires here, not making daisy chains ... :D

Good stuff indeed.

Emberguard

[...]
Thanks to BlackSand the Sly, a prolific poster who lasted about a year and sadly no longer with us. for presenting the most liked post on this forum:

Good stuff indeed.
I agree.

It is rather counterproductive to base your defense solely on whether or not they notice your defense as you're then relying on the plunderer having a specific goal and mindset. Like sure, a specific subset of plunderers might notice and leave you alone based on ranking. But what about those who don't care what's in your defense? And for every player that avoids your defense due to having two spears, how many are you also inviting in who specifically target those with no defense? You're never going to know how many you're actually discouraging by trying to leverage lack of ranking points and how many didn't even change what they're doing from that.

It makes far more sense to just play by using the best defense you can with the resources you're willing to allocate so you keep out those who would be defeated by the defense instead of keeping no one out and relying on the opponent to choose not to attack you. Like sure, a successful defense could be argued to be one that stops a attacker before they attack, but you can't measure that in any meaningful way to know if it is actually doing that which means you also can't rely on that