• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Deleted

Emberguard

why don't you just settle the question
* Vineyard can be motivated.
* Motivated buildings are protected from plundering
* Only the Vineyard needs to be Aided to protect from plunderers (Aiding the decorations won't protect anything as the production is provided to the Vineyard)
* It's priority is based on the base production. "If motivated" buildings will have priority over the Vineyard.
* If you want to control the order of when it's Aided with the auto-aid button try keeping the Vineyard at a higher age from the decorations attached to the Vineyard once you age up.

Order of priority:
So you are saying that the list is really like this:

[redacted]
Not exactly
Sets, Chains, Decorations aren’t automatically down the bottom, they just happen to currently fit the criteria for the absolute bottom. There’s always the possibility a future building in Chain Link, Set or Decoration may fit a criteria for higher in the list if it gets “if motivated” on it, that just currently doesn’t exist on those types of buildings

It’d be more like this:

List 1 - “When Motivated” buildings only
Forge Points (for example Lord's Manor, Pillar of Heroes Level 7, SoK, Sundial Spire, etc.)
2. Random good (ex. Royal Cascade or Athlete Living Quarters)
3. Goods of age (for example Caravansary or Kiosk)
4. Units
5. Medals (for example Pole House or Shrine of Awe)
6. Blueprints (for example Shrine of Inspiration)
7. Crowns
8. coins/supplies/happiness

List 2 - All other buildings, when List 1 has run out of buildings to aid use List 2
Highest age
2. ???
- Wiki says it‘s random order, starting from highest age down. My limited testing seems to indicate the second condition is just the order you place the buildings down in.

Either way, whether it be random or not the most surefire way to manipulate the aid for List 2 is through keeping the age of the buildings you want Aided at your current age and have anything you don’t want aided at a lower age
[...]

Does that cover everything or have I missed anything you need clarified?

I need to apologize. I did not mean to get so impatient. I just felt attacked by icaruthusan. I am very new to this game and am trying to understand all the subtleties. I did read your reply Ebeondi, and I have tried to employ those suggestions. I agree, so far they have worked well for me. I don't get attacked or plundered very often as I have built up my defenses well and I religiously aid my friends and neighbors. I also delete friends that do not reciprocate. I was really just interested in understanding the order of aiding to better my game. Got lost in the confusion of the agents answers.

Agent327

I also notice that the mod in question has not bothered to correct, rescind, or even reply to this thread. What's up with that!

Sleep.

My follow up replies were incorrect. Probably sleep deprevation from having to be here 24/7. Both Vineyard and Villa have a base production of coins. They can be motivated, but are very very low in priority.

Pumbaa the Great

Sleep.

My follow up replies were incorrect. Probably sleep deprevation from having to be here 24/7. Both Vineyard and Villa have a base production of coins. They can be motivated, but are very very low in priority.
So, with your line of reasoning on the Governor's Villa and Terracotta Vineyards, shouldn't the SoKs be lumped with the Governor's Villa and Terracotta Vineyards? They only produce coins until they are motivated and than they give FPs.

Agent327

So, with your line of reasoning on the Governor's Villa and Terracotta Vineyards, shouldn't the SoKs be lumped with the Governor's Villa and Terracotta Vineyards? They only produce coins until they are motivated and than they give FPs.

Nope.

SoK's give fp's when motivated. Villa and Vineyard give nothing special when motivated so get their base production doubled.

TroyEdward

Well - I fail to understand why my Governor's Mansions and Royal Bathhouse are always last or even NEVER Motivated???? Not to mention the Winter train never gets motivated either.

I think the Developers failed to add the newest buildings to the algorithm priority

TroyEdward

No they didn't. You should try to understand the priority. Neither of these buildings produce extra fp's when motivated.
But shouldn't they get motivated BEFORE a Checkmate Square, or Botanical Rotunda; because they DO NOT?? I use Self-Aid Kits 9 out of 10 Collections on my Royal Bath House and Governors Mansions in order to get the UNITs -

Emberguard

In theory yes, problem is you do not know if people manually aid and pick that Square or Rotunda.
plus the Botanical Rotunda is on a 12 hr cycle with nothing to collect, not a 24 hr production. So if the Botanical Rotunda was polished just before you collect everything it’ll remain polished afterwards as well until those 12 hrs are up.

Emberguard

But shouldn't they get motivated BEFORE a Checkmate Square, or Botanical Rotunda; because they DO NOT?? I use Self-Aid Kits 9 out of 10 Collections on my Royal Bath House and Governors Mansions in order to get the UNITs -
If you’re not using the Collect All then one strategy you could do is never collect the things with least value. By this I mean the checkmate square coins, residential housing and all those buildings that aren‘t producing anything special but still take up aid.

Then see if you have enough Aid to consistently have that Bathhouse and Gov’s Mansion motivated

Once you do that you can experiment with how many buildings you can pickup each time and still be fully aided

Ebeondi Asi

If you’re not using the Collect All then one strategy you could do is never collect the things with least value. By this I mean the checkmate square coins, residential housing and all those buildings that aren‘t producing anything special but still take up aid.

Then see if you have enough Aid to consistently have that Bathhouse and Gov’s Mansion motivated

Once you do that you can experiment with how many buildings you can pickup each time and still be fully aided
That is an interesting work around. I like it. Almost as good as actually getting better Friends instead of slackers who never aid.

(for some reason(s) I am getting 'smart alacky' tonight. I hope this will be forgiven)
I know that solving one's own problem with relatively easy methods is not as dramatic as expecting Inno to revamp the system. So just ignore my suggestion. thank you. Better to whine and grumble endlessly over it. Picking responses apart is so much more fun than offering a possible solution.

Last edited:

Emberguard

I know that solving one's own problem with relatively easy methods is not as dramatic as expecting Inno to revamp the system
If Inno did revamp the system then I'd like there to be two lists. The "if motivated" list exactly as we have currently, and then a duplicate of that list applying to everything else. That way "if motivated" would still get aided first and the remainder would then get motivated in order of value instead of just order of age.

Ironrooster

Question
I know that if a residential housing like the apartment is not connected to a road, the population is still credited, but coin production is stopped.
Would the disconnected bldg still be subject to motivation?
Thanks

Johnny B. Goode

Question
I know that if a residential housing like the apartment is not connected to a road, the population is still credited, but coin production is stopped.
Thanks
The answer is no, it will not be subject to motivation. (This was easily tested, by the way. I just built a Stilt House from Bronze Age, then moved it away from the road after it completed, then tried to use a Self-Aid on it.)

Emberguard

Question
Thanks
An excellent point, disconnecting would prevent a building from being aidable and would make it a viable alternative to not using up Aid on a building.