• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Deleting Roads by Accident

• Thread starter DeletedUser36665
  • Start date

DeletedUser36665

Hi all,

Has it ever happened to you (I know it has happened to me several times) that you click the Sell button and then accidentally click on a road instead of the building you wanted to sell.
For roads there is no confirmation popup (at least on mobile) and I find this very frustrating,
because some roads cost many resources.
Don't you agree?

I understand that they probably did this because if someone wanted to delete a whole stretch of road, it would be frustrating to have to confirm again and again.
However, I do think they could make a nice device, similar to that of creating roads, that marks an initial section of road you want to sell when you click on it and then allows you to sell adjacent pieces of road with the arrows (just like creating).
What do you think of this idea? (I couldn't find it in a search)

Thank you for your kind replies

Emberguard

What you're describing is exactly how the mobile already handles placing roads. Never thought it needed to be used for deleting roads as well, however mobile is a lot more fiddly then Desktop and I don't normally use mobile.

Perhaps it should be a option under settings?

DeletedUser30900

Roads cost a lot of resources... I don’t even need to take a look of your city to tell you that it’s a bad city.

Emberguard

@Agent327 nice job searching, but none of those except perhaps the top one are remotely what is being proposed in this thread.

However, I do think they could make a nice device, similar to that of creating roads, that marks an initial section of road you want to sell when you click on it and then allows you to sell adjacent pieces of road with the arrows (just like creating).
image0.png

This ^ is what is currently used for placing roads in mobile. They want deletion of roads to work in the same manner.

Last edited:

Agent327

@Agent327 nice job searching, but none of those except perhaps the top one are remotely what is being proposed in this thread.

You are right. Not remotely like what is proposed.

However, I do think they could make a nice device, similar to that of creating roads

Proposal
Make it so we can sell a stretch of road all at once or by sliding like when building them.

More exactly like it.

DeletedUser36665

Isn't that enough?

It has been proposed, but offcourse Vensa can not find it. Why should she? A proposal a day keeps the doctor away!

First of all I'm a He.
Second, my bad.
I searched for "deleting roads" instead of "sell roads".
However the motivation for my proposal is a bit different than the one you pointed to.
I wan't to avoid accidentally selling roads on mobile

Agent327

Must you appoint yourself to police troll EVERY SINGLE PROPOSAL?

WHAT?????

I searched for "deleting roads" instead of "sell roads".
However the motivation for my proposal is a bit different than the one you pointed to.
I wan't to avoid accidentally selling roads on mobile

Tip: next time search for "roads"

What does it matter on what platform you do things by accident. If it is fixed on one, it will be fixed on the other.

DeletedUser36665

How can I support the existing proposal on the Road Selling mechanism?
And how can I know where the proposal stands?

DeletedUser

How can I support the existing proposal on the Road Selling mechanism?
And how can I know where the proposal stands?
You can use the link provided to look at the proposal thread for one. In this case, there is no indication that the proposal was ever nominated for voting, or ever put up for a vote. So it probably died a quiet death.

Lancer

Hi all,

Has it ever happened to you (I know it has happened to me several times) that you click the Sell button and then accidentally click on a road instead of the building you wanted to sell.
For roads there is no confirmation popup (at least on mobile) and I find this very frustrating,
because some roads cost many resources.
Don't you agree?

I understand that they probably did this because if someone wanted to delete a whole stretch of road, it would be frustrating to have to confirm again and again.
What do you think of this idea? (I couldn't find it in a search)

Thank you for your kind replies

I'm strictly a mobile user. The best advice I can give you is to:
1) manage your available building space to use the most of it in the best possible way to maximize productivity while wasting as little space as possible.
2) if you're having an issue with accidentally deleting roads, maybe rearrange your city in a way that has the taller structures near the back so that you can more easily see the roads and smaller structures in front of them. Instead of having them blocked by structures bigger than them.