• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Demanding Forge Points from Neighbors??

Mugsy4

I'm told another player is allegedly demanding forge points from Neighbors as "taxes", and perhaps bullying Neighbors for compliance. In return, there is a promise of not attacking and plundering.

Is this allowed? Thank you.

Agent327

Yes, this is allowed.

Game rules:
- Threats are only allowed when they relate to the game and not real life. For example, saying that
you will attack someone with your units if he does not give you Forge Points is allowed. However, it is
not allowed to say that you will find someone and beat him up if he does not give you Forge Points.

Mugsy4

Terrific.. thank you. I appreciate the information. It seems a little boorish - but then I suppose it's a matter of gameplay style.

Thank you again.

Mugsy4

Thank you... as it happens, I'm not the victim or the bully - A Neighbor complained about it and I wasn't sure how to respond to her. It's been a learning lesson for me, though, and I'm glad to know the information.

I'll pass along your advice. Thank you!

Ericness

I would have fun with them! If this happened in my hood I would attack/plunder that guy daily. If not strong enough, see if you have any friends or guildies around who can. Make sure to go after snipes/flips on their buildings too. Or you can just ignore the threat like the spam it likely is.

An important thing to keep in mind is that there is really only so much that player can do those that don't pay (assuming they even bother spending the considerable amount of time it takes to track that). I'd be willing to bet paying the FP "tax" would cost way more than any losses to plundering. Either way, make them work for it!

That said, the player is, of course, perfectly free to make demands of his neighbors. How they react is up to them.

I would have fun with them! If this happened in my hood I would attack/plunder that guy daily. If not strong enough, see if you have any friends or guildies around who can. Make sure to go after snipes/flips on their buildings too.
Actually, that could be fun - get a group as large as possible who will attack/plunder him daily, and tell him why you are doing so. If you can, target his FP buildings for plundering. With a dozen or so people doing this, he should soon see the error of his ways. You could also put out the word to everyone in the neighborhood not to aid him, that would make the plundering a bit easier.

I personally wouldn't do the snipe/flip tactic, as by doing so you are giving him the FP's he wants, even though it might not be ideal conditions for him, he's still getting them.