• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Design Change Request: allow players to field a female soccer team

DevaCat

Although an all female soccer team event is fine with me. But then, someone will complain that one of the players is not really birth-female but something else (forgive me please, I’m not up on all the latest shadings of gender), and here we will be with again people being unhappy their particular view of reality is not being affirmed. Should we ask Inno to provide comfortable images and wording to make everything in the game “safe” and tidy according to our own perceptions of how “things should be”? In other words, should Inno provide you with an alternative game reality which makes you comfortable?

The Lady Redneck

I Have never looked at even one of the cards, It could be a pack for Happy Families for all I know. What puzzles me is the windmill. You would think they would try to design the main event building to be in keeping with the event, No matter how hard I try I fail to find any correlation between a flowery windmill and Soccer.

Johnny B. Goode

What puzzles me is the windmill. You would think they would try to design the main event building to be in keeping with the event, No matter how hard I try I fail to find any correlation between a flowery windmill and Soccer.
Maybe it was suggested by the Dutch national team? You know, tulips and all that. ;)

Women play soccer. Let players choose a female team next soccer event; the changes are minor (and once a player chooses female team members, the choice is set). Cards, player pictures, and text change, but basic functionality stays the same.
Are you seriously asking for gender equality in a game where gender doesn't matter? What next, transgenders asking for transgender players, c'mon get real

Johnny B. Goode

In case anyone hasn't read the next event's announcement, there are three avatars available in it. Two female and one male.

Sharmon the Impaler

A whole team would be a lot of work. They can't use stock images because the uniqueness of the faces in a game are part of the games branding. They also must take care not to create a strong likeness to a famous person that is alive. This is a commercial interest and using someone else's likeness to make money can be costly.

Bemined

These events were originally planned to be alongside the real-world event. The 2014 and 2018 events were held at the same time as the FIFA world cup for men, and the 2016 event was at the same time as the UEFA Euro 2016 for men. In 2019 the event was alongside the FIFA Women's World Cup and guess what? The players were female that year! The next woman's world cup is in 2023 so if they keep this tradition there will be female players next year again.

Douglas 221

Heck, while they're at it they should look at females in combat. Unless I'm mistaken, all of the battle units with faces have male faces. Where's the fairness in that? It's time for the ladies to ruck up. :)
Actually, I would love to see either an introduction of females in a combat setting... or even a settlement for Greeks with Amazonian women fighters. It would be some great emissaries. It would be a great chance to bring back fighting to the settlements as the Amazonian fighters could go up against male counterparts in battle.