• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamonds and Tavern

WendyEJ

How do I go about collecting diamonds instead of spending?

How and where do I get a tavern ?

Searched the forum under guides and questions but can't find solution anywhere

Been playing for 3 days now and liking the game thus far.

Please help I am part of a guild now although have no clue what I am doing Trying hard

Wendy EJ

CommanderCool1234

You unlock the tavern when you research Brewing in the bronze age. Once you unlock it it will show up here.
Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 11.07.06 AM.png
It will look slightly different since this city is in iron age and you are in bronze age.

The two main ways to get diamonds are wishing wells
Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 11.10.29 AM.png
and guild expedition which you have not unlocked yet.

gianteagle

Diamonds need to be bought with real money or collected in chests, expedition, daily challenges, or quest rewards.

Tavern needs to be researched in the tech tree, not sure what you have to research though.

WendyEJ

Ok got it Will tale awhile to get diamonds cause I am not spending on my credit card. I assume this what you mean by buying??

Have to get the tavern I love beer :p:D

When do the wishing wells show up??

CommanderCool1234

You can get wishing wells from events and you have a chance of getting one every time you open a challengers chest. I do not recommend building any in your main city since there is only a 1.25% chance of getting diamonds, however theses can be very good in large numbers. For example this is one of my friends side worlds. He has around 80 wishing wells and gets 50 diamonds a day on average.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 12.37.43 PM.png

WendyEJ

Ok thanks for your assistance Finally built my Tavern

Need to keep moving onward and upward to get more diamonds cause I am not using credit card

Working on wishing wells I guess

CommanderCool1234

I do not recomend building them in you main world since they take up space. You do also get some diamonds from GE, so that could be enough for you.

WendyEJ

Yes once I get far enough for GE?? Oh yeah something about expeditions right?

Why would one build 2 taverns?? Is it worth it and should I

I take it for Oracle of Delphi I need to reach level 1 before I get contributors ?? When they donate what should I do in return?? Or do I need to do anything?

Sorry for the questions

CommanderCool1234

You only get one tavern unless you are reffering to the one that is a cultural building.

You do not need to reach level 1 to get contributurs, and you dont have to give them anything back unless you want to be friends with them and regurlly donate to eachothers great buildings. I am not sure you know but they get a reward if they take a top spot on your oracle.

DevaCat

Yes once I get far enough for GE?? Oh yeah something about expeditions right?

Why would one build 2 taverns?? Is it worth it and should I

I take it for Oracle of Delphi I need to reach level 1 before I get contributors ?? When they donate what should I do in return?? Or do I need to do anything?

Sorry for the questions
The Friends Tavern is the one you get after researching it, you only get one of these. It's the one people visit and earns you tavern silver. Work on upgrading it, there's a thread here somewhere that discusses doing that. The upgrades help your visitors and also help you earn more tavern silver, which lets you buy very helpful boosts.

The tavern from the tech tree is a cultural building -- it gives you Happiness for your population. High enough happiness and you get a boost to productions. If you need more Happy, you could build a tavern (biggish footprint tho) or some other Cultural. Decorations give Happy too, and are generally smaller. The problem with any of these is that they will soak up aid clicks that you would rather have motivating your productions. So while you might need some early on, try to minimize the number by putting down a larger output version vs lots of smaller ones, like a tavern instead of a bunch of trees.

See if you can find someone in your guild willing to mentor you, and tell him/her you need advice on building your city up to be able to do Guild Expeditions (that's where diamonds are). Shouldn't be hard, most guilds want you to do GE. Btw, I don't use a card either and also love beer :p Happy forging!

WendyEJ

I am not sure you know but they get a reward if they take a top spot on your oracle.

HUH???? You mean top contributor??

:p Btw, I don't use a card either and also love beer Ok I am with you on the beer I might be old but I'm not dead yet LOL (grandson helps me with all the short forms)

WendyEJ

I do not recommend building any in your main city since there is only a 1.25% chance of getting diamonds, however theses can be very good in large numbers
So I should put them on perimeter ??

How long does it take for Taverns to upgrade?? I upgraded yesterday and it still remains on 3 instead of 5

The 2 extra chairs are there but reads 3/3 Table is full

CommanderCool1234

You can make other cities to put your wishing wells. All you cities share diamonds so you main city can benifit from your diamonds gotten from you wishing well world.

In your tavern you have to unlock chairs before you can acually unlock them. So when you unlock chairs what it really does is allow for you to have access to unlock those chairs.

WendyEJ

In your tavern you have to unlock chairs before you can acually unlock them. So when you unlock chairs what it really does is allow for you to have access to unlock those chairs.

Cool never knew that

Hard to search all the time Somehow a better way for newbies to locate information would be appreciated.

Perhaps a whole new area strictly for newbies to learn how to proceed

The step by step to 2 GB was awesome Need more like that

Like explaining the GE what is required to get on board

Most important things to do first

Only a thought

CommanderCool1234

You use tavern silver wich you get from people sitting in your tavern so sit in your friends taverns and they might return the favor.

WendyEJ

Commander Cool you mentioned about putting wishing wells in different city. That's neat.

You did not mention that one needs to build that city up to the point of getting wishing wells.

When do they show up. What research do I have to complete?