• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Diamonds

DeletedUser1284

Can I play this game without purchasing any Diamonds. Or do you have to purchase to go past a certain point?

DeletedUser

No you don't have to buy diamonds to play the game and you will not have any restrictions in the game if you don't buy them.
They just give you some adventages ,like you can buy supplie buildings that will not cost you nothing more then just diamond and population(and those buildings produce more supplies then one that you don't buy with diamonds) same thing is with the diamond houses.
You can use diamonds to go faster in the game,faster researching,faster units training,you can get supplies,goods and coins quicker,but there is no any restrictions in research or how far you can go with the game if you don't use diamonds.

DeletedUser

You didn't give him the full story Rider.. What Rider forgot to add was.. You can play the game without diamonds but to keep pace with the people that are buying diamonds and to keep pace with the demand of supplies and coins you need for later ages your definitely going to be pulling your hair out wishing you had them.

DeletedUser

Yes I gave him full story.
He asked if diamonds buyers can go further in the game then those that don't purchase diamonds.
And tbh you can play without diamonds and be good enough.
I am pretty satisfied with this world and I didn't use any diamonds,my rank is not too bad(I could do better if I wanted,doing more fights and avoiding some mistakes where I lost points), don't have problem with supplies/coins,have almost all goods needed for research and I think that I can beat all ppl from my neighborhood etc.

Well I am enjoying the game without diamonds and don't care who is using them and who is no.1.
The most important thing to me that game is interesting and this one is,so just relax and ejoy the game and everything will be fine :)

DeletedUser34

Can I play this game without purchasing any Diamonds. Or do you have to purchase to go past a certain point?

Since you basically play the game against yourself, it is a casual kind of game, you really don't need to worry about keeping up with the "diamond Premium Players" Unlike other games where if you don't maintain with the masses you lose your city all together, this one is yours to do with what you will at your own pace. The game offers 55 diamonds total for free with a jester quest, and for verifying your email. I personally still have those diamonds, and they remain untouched. This game is geared to those of us who have no interest is being chained to the computer 24/7.

Rider had it correct as far as what he has told you about diamonds.
As you can see, the game allows you to produce both wine and cheese, and some people take the production of those very serious. :D

DeletedUser

The game offers 55 diamonds total for free with a jester quest, and for verifying your email.

Small correction, the game offers over 200 diamonds in quest rewards and bonus for email confirmation. I have 155, 125 from quests, and I've even declined/aborted 2 quests that had 25 diamonds as a reward.

DeletedUser34

ok, well I am not as far as you :p
but nice to know.....I still probably won't use any of them

DeletedUser

You didn't give him the full story Rider.. What Rider forgot to add was.. You can play the game without diamonds but to keep pace with the people that are buying diamonds and to keep pace with the demand of supplies and coins you need for later ages your definitely going to be pulling your hair out wishing you had them.

That isn't true at all, It's all about time and strategy. If you are on everyday for longer than others, and pull all-night'ers like i've done serveral times, you can easily get up there with the big boys. I've played many other games, i've kept up just fine. There was only one game where I couldn't, but that was because they were spending $500+ on the first week of server open. I strive to achieve a top 50 spot on any game, I can do it pretty damn easily without spending a dime.

Of course you will be sitting there wishing you had diamonds, but you can easily keep up.

DeletedUser

That isn't true at all, It's all about time and strategy. If you are on everyday for longer than others, and pull all-night'ers like i've done serveral times, you can easily get up there with the big boys. I've played many other games, i've kept up just fine. There was only one game where I couldn't, but that was because they were spending $500+ on the first week of server open. I strive to achieve a top 50 spot on any game, I can do it pretty damn easily without spending a dime.

Of course you will be sitting there wishing you had diamonds, but you can easily keep up.

The truth has been spoken.

Although pulling all-nighters for a game - and several at that - seems a bit excessive o_O

DeletedUser

And yet, all of us Inno groupies have done that VERY thing :p

Yea Im one of those groupies that stayed up to 3AM CST to get my Belle Star Derringer on 4 worlds all at the same time in the West.

However I play this game and I still have fun without the use of diamond purchases. And yes I've got the bankroll that allows me to buy diamonds left/right if I wanted to. I see this game as a slow and steady build up game. If you want to rush to the top then yea buy some diamonds and be up on top tomorrow... but colonial stage isnt done the new modern era hasnt been mentioned... so why bother racing to the top.

DeletedUser

Diamonds are in no way necessary to play this game. Even the diamond options that are available are merely for convenience and even with an ample supply of diamonds I never find myself using them. Unfortunately these features are set up in a way that is quite expensive but very overpowering for those that choose to use them all relentlessly.

The only thing I really spend any diamonds on are cultural buildings.

DeletedUser1400

If you buy the "double production " bonus with diamonds who long does this last ? 1 round? a week? forever? same with all other buy diamond bonuses.Thanks

DeletedUser

ah heck i aborted the jester quest! i got mad cause he kept making me give gold for so little in return, is there a way to get the jester quest back??

DeletedUser

Not sure, although some people have said that they got the jester quest later after having aborted them.

Idk, with the Jester quest, whenever something fishy like that comes up, you generally want to see it through just for the hell of it, since the devs wouldn't really make you go through that for nothing. But there are more quests that give diamonds as you go on.

DeletedUser55

there is a 2nd jester quest later. i have completed 3 so far, and two gave diamonds.

DeletedUser

Right now I have to produce 6 wheat for a "random reward" from the Jester. Building a farm will cost an extremely high amount of supplies and cash, especially since the last random reward I got was a few goods. I'm not sure whether it's safe to abort the quest though if I want further quests from the Jester in the future.