• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Did the Arc Improve the Game?

DeletedUser11427

Although my Arcs aren't at super levels, my GBs have beneifited from those with these supoer arcs, and leveled faster

DeletedUser32389

Oh I stand by that firmly. This is a game of grind, no two ways about it. Anything I can do (not strictly forbidden like push accounts) to raise up my city and get an edge on the competition is my goal. Inno calculated the curve on the progression of the Arc, but they didn't draw it out under it's own prize magnifying effect. The end result creates a FP powerhouse that turns this into a cut throat investment game as much as a game of city building or war. Well guess what? City building and war are cut throat investment worlds as well. My Arc is in the 40s and growing :)

DeletedUser29563

Oh I stand by that firmly. This is a game of grind, no two ways about it. Anything I can do (not strictly forbidden like push accounts) to raise up my city and get an edge on the competition is my goal. Inno calculated the curve on the progression of the Arc, but they didn't draw it out under it's own prize magnifying effect. The end result creates a FP powerhouse that turns this into a cut throat investment game as much as a game of city building or war. Well guess what? City building and war are cut throat investment worlds as well. My Arc is in the 40s and growing :)
I agree with you partly....but I can't bring my self to put the blame on the Arc. When it comes to the so called "disparity of wealth" issue.
Without a greedy player....behind the Arc. There is no issue. Its kinda like blaming the gun for the murder.
Just for the record..I support the Arc..as is. I do believe it is good for the game. But I think the issues described in this thread are human nature based. And not necessarily linked to the Arc as an entity.

DeletedUser32389

It’s funny when you break it down though. People think snipers are bullies, I think they’ve out played you and will continue to. How much altruism do you expect from people? In our guild we try to be polite to each other, but in the hood it’s anything goes. It’s not personal, it’s NOT bullying, we’re just playing the game as the rules allow. Giving a player that kind of power and then asking them not to wield it doesn’t make any sense.

And the gun murder analogy doesn’t really hold up either because again, it’s a game; they have complete control of the world. If you don’t want murder in your game don’t give the players a gun. My point is it has to be up to the coders to build in the regulation. Asking players to regulate themselves in this way - to “be nice” is silly. And I think you can tell by my tone that I’m not the bullying type IRL. Competitive is not the same as greedy.

DeletedUser29563

It’s funny when you break it down though. People think snipers are bullies, I think they’ve out played you and will continue to. How much altruism do you expect from people? In our guild we try to be polite to each other, but in the hood it’s anything goes. It’s not personal, it’s NOT bullying, we’re just playing the game as the rules allow. Giving a player that kind of power and then asking them not to wield it doesn’t make any sense.

And the gun murder analogy doesn’t really hold up either because again, it’s a game; they have complete control of the world. If you don’t want murder in your game don’t give the players a gun. My point is it has to be up to the coders to build in the regulation. Asking players to regulate themselves in this way - to “be nice” is silly. And I think you can tell by my tone that I’m not the bullying type IRL. Competitive is not the same as greedy.
Fair enough...agree to disagree.
Anyway I see you're a new member to the forum. Welcome..it seems..unlike a lot of noobs...you are here to actually discuss the game. Glad you joined us.

Salsuero

Without a greedy player....behind the Arc.

Why exactly are you playing this game?

People think snipers are bullies, I think they’ve out played you and will continue to.

Oh... and here I thought we were greedy because we are trying to win rewards in a game that has them and has instructed us to try and win them, and therefore have sought out an incredibly effective and LEGAL way to do so. LOL

Freshmeboy

Actually I don't mind this necro'd thread....It had a lot of varying opinion that is still relevant today..and for the record, if I had an Arc that high I'd be blasting off fireworks and sending out smoke signals that spelled my name......

Graviton

I have seven worlds and the highest Arc in any of them is 16. Yes, I'd still play even if other people couldn't power-level their Arcs to 80 in three days.

Jase249

The ultimate nerf is at level 180 lol
http://prntscr.com/n4sj4t

I have 125k left, I guess I survived my spending spree
http://prntscr.com/n4spj0

Hmm, I always thought they would just keep moving the decimal place so that you could approach 100% as an asymptote and never actually get there. Only 80 more levels to go for me lol.

Just out of curiosity, what are the base FP rewards for 1st-5th and how much do you have to apply yourself?

DeletedUser34787

So I'm of the opinion that the Arc has made the prolonging of the game more possible. Think about it - with each age, more goods are required. GE gets harder, and one is more likely to lose troops in all fighting scenarios. Goods are more difficult to obtain, too. In VF, the fights from 49 onwards are against two-wave armies with A/D of 155%. At level 10 for CDM, Zeus, and CoA, and 10 for TA, that gives you 110 A/D plus whatever event buildings give you - nowhere near sufficient to stand a chance to fight against these armies. So one might want to use event buildings to supplement those inadequate bonuses - only the next medal expansion by this point costs you 250,000, which is horrendously difficult to obtain with Deal/Gaea/the joke that are victory towers.

So one decides they're going to do what players pre-Arc did and level, say, their CDM. Only to level the CDM alone from L10 to L60 - which costs over 12K FP, so that's going to be weeks or even months of work without an Arc just to add 25 A/D to try and make GE possible without goods. Even then, I might still be struggling to fight the final battles of L3 or do FE GvG without horrendous losses - especially as whatever a L10 Alcatraz or even a L20 Traz might be producing (which, if I'm in a pre-Arc world, is likely to be around the point I'd be unless I'd specifically focused on it) will do little to replace losses.

This is just a subjective perception, but my belief is that my desire to grind and grind to be able to cope in AF or OF or VF would be non-existent without something of a shortcut to make that possible - and I suspect I'm not alone. The scaling required to make a city functional and enjoyable would just be too daunting. Even if I had a 300FP or 400FP city, progress would just be too frustratingly slow without some mechanism by which I could improve FP production.

It's perfectly true, I suppose, that the Arc does increase inequality by allowing players to amass huge FP stores - I'm undoubtedly a beneficiary of this, with 19K FP in inventory and an additional Arc income of c. 250/day throughout 2019. But while I shan't insult people's intelligence here by pretending that the 'work' required to drop 800FP for the Arc goods was particularly daunting in the context of the profitable returns, what I will say is that it's allowed me - having not played the game for 2 years yet, and having spent nothing - to break into the top 500 in my world, accelerating past a lot of heavy diamond players who have four Tholoi of Idols and six palace sets and five Mill of Falls and three Winter Spires at L12 - by working through all my hood and 140 friends twice a day - and that *is* work, but, more importantly, it *is* something that anyone can do.

Of course the Arc means that none of the old established big players - the 100M+ ones in my world - will ever be caught: they have too many FPs, are too advanced in the game, and their GBs are too strong. But it does mean that competing with that tier below them seems possible - both the spenders who don't work as hard, and the older players who don't maximise this boost as much; and it also means that the balance between grind and challenge, and fun and progress, can be extended for far longer.

Just my two cents.

DeletedUser34787

All the above said, I also agree that there is a qualitative difference between the 'unfairness' of an established player having high-level CDMs or whatever; and an established player having a L80 Arc. The impact of the former on gameplay - and on the user - is nowhere near comparable to that of the latter.

Jern2017

Hmm, I always thought they would just keep moving the decimal place so that you could approach 100% as an asymptote and never actually get there. Only 80 more levels to go for me lol.

Just out of curiosity, what are the base FP rewards for 1st-5th and how much do you have to apply yourself?

According to the GB investment calculator, you only need to self-donate 50,670 FPs before the first two spots are lockable at 1.90.

That's how much I make in a day.

*Arturis*

3650/1825/610/155/30
52,684 (1st 1.9/2nd 1.85/3rd-5th 1.8)