• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Different behavior of Arc vs Statue of Honor

Hvck

Many moons ago I posted a suggested change that Arc goods should be counted towards quests that call for contributions to the guild treasury, just as goods collected from GBs and other buildings count towards quests requiring the collecting of goods. Some agreed, but many did not, some stating that I evidently didn't understand how the games works. Ok fine.

Now we have the Statue of Honor available through the new Guild Battlegrounds, which every day donates 10+ goods to the Guild Treasury. I happen to have an active quest on one of my worlds requiring a donation of goods to the Guild Treasury, and after my daily collections I see it has gone to 10 goods donated, evidently from the Statue of Honor.

Since (as I've been told) I haven't understood how the game works, can someone please explain to me why goods from the Statue of Honor count towards the treasury donation quest but the Arc goods do not?

Thanks.

DeletedUser37581

When a GB is collected, the guild treasury contribution log has an entry of "Great building production". When the SoH is collected, the entry is "Guild treasury donation", which is the same entry when a guild member donates to the treasury. As the SoH isn't a great building, it can't use the same entry (and therefore not count toward quests). Since it does use the same entry as a regular donation, it will count toward quests. If Inno decides that the SoH shouldn't count toward quests, they would probably have to create a new log entry.

Hvck

Thank you, but this is a technical "coding" explanation, not a logical explanation. The fact remains that while ALL GB/special building/factory productions count towards any quest involving the collection of goods, there is no logical explanation why goods donated to the treasury from one building are counted and goods donated from another building are not. So is there a logical reason why this is the case or is it just a coding choice by Inno (GBs no, special building yes)?

BruteForceAttack

Thank you, but this is a technical "coding" explanation, not a logical explanation. The fact remains that while ALL GB/special building/factory productions count towards any quest involving the collection of goods, there is no logical explanation why goods donated to the treasury from one building are counted and goods donated from another building are not. So is there a logical reason why this is the case or is it just a coding choice by Inno (GBs no, special building yes)?

Only logic is Inno wants it that way :)

Graviton

Thank you, but this is a technical "coding" explanation, not a logical explanation. The fact remains that while ALL GB/special building/factory productions count towards any quest involving the collection of goods ...

No they don't, as you said yourself in the very first sentence of your OP.

... there is no logical explanation why goods donated to the treasury from one building are counted and goods donated from another building are not.

Yes there is: the goods collected from the guild-oriented GBs don't count. The SoH is new, and not a GB; it's the first non-GB that donates to the guild treasury, so it works differently. If you want the designer's reasoning for that you'll have to ask him. Does it really matter? They've created a new building that does count its guild donations for quests. Aren't you just looking a gift horse in the mouth right now?

RazorbackPirate

Face it, there's no explanation will satisfy you that does not capitulate to your want to change GBs to fulfill donation quests. The reason they don't is because they don't. That's how Inno programmed it. I get you want it changed, but it won't be. Be glad the SoH does fulfill quests and let it go.

DeletedUser29726

An alternate explanation could also be that it was an oversight. For now though it is what it is and you can be tantalized by the prospect of eventually viewing treasury donation quests as auto-completes at next collection ;)

Algona

Many moons ago I posted a suggested change that Arc goods should be counted towards quests that call for contributions to the guild treasury, just as goods collected from GBs and other buildings count towards quests requiring the collecting of goods. Some agreed, but many did not, some stating that I evidently didn't understand how the games works. Ok fine.

So why bring it up again if it's fine?

I took a look at that Proposal.The Proposal was shot down because it's bad for the game. I'm sure I missed the part where folk said you didn't understand the game despite searching the entire thread for the word 'understand' and finding none of the uses directed towards you. Could you link some quotes where people said you don;t understand the game?

The fact remains that while ALL GB/special building/factory productions count towards any quest involving the collection of goods, there is no logical explanation why goods donated to the treasury from one building are counted and goods donated from another building are not.

Again, if it was fine, why are you bringing it up again?

You're wrong, the logic is impeccable and was explained more then once in that Proposal and all the other identical threads and Proposals. That you dismiss the logic is your problem. Just as you dismiss dontwannaname's initial response in this thread and you will doubtless dismiss the other responses.

Arc counting towards Quests is bad for the game, let it go.