• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diminishing returns on SCs and towers in GbG

Sharmon the Impaler

How low is Inno going to take the value of SCs and towers down to before they just remove them ? They couldn’t get the 66% to fly and now they are just taking them away slowly without even asking. 71 fights with 4 SC that were all flipped cost me 14 attrition ? Why does Inno feel the need to be dishonest , odds are mathematically verifiable and we are all not just a bunch of stupid kids playing your game. You’re ripping us off and we see you hiding it behind your wall of corporate vagueness. Many of us paid very good money to play your game please stop clawing everything back because you ran out of ideas on how to create content in a game.

Pericles the Lion

This complaint bubbles up every so often, as you know. You just had a run of bad luck. I'm at 12K GBG battles so far this season and have not experienced anything indicating that attrition is outside of INNO's published specs with regard to SCs and WTs.

wolfhoundtoo

I haven't had any issues this season either (although I'm not as high on my battle counts but percentages are percentages). Sometimes you just get unlucky.

Sharmon the Impaler

This complaint bubbles up every so often, as you know. You just had a run of bad luck. I'm at 12K GBG battles so far this season and have not experienced anything indicating that attrition is outside of INNO's published specs with regard to SCs and WTs.
I have about 350k fights in Q and this is not just bad luck. The constant runs of attrition buildup with 3 and 4 SC fights have been getting worse. 3 months ago it was at 11% loss average over 6 x 100 fights with 4 SC. Last month it was 14%. This month on 3 x 100 so far and my average for them is 28% but the next 3 X 100 group will get it into the 18-20% range but I will let you know at the end of the month. They are all 4 SC fights and all are within the same sectors on their respective maps so it’s not a terrain change either.

Ebeondi Asi

That kind of problem seems to come and go. Particularly with 3SC. I believe Inno is experimenting with the way things work on individual players, constantly without telling anyone. Experimenting on different players at different times.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

That kind of problem seems to come and go. Particularly with 3SC. I believe Inno is experimenting with the way things work on individual players, constantly without telling anyone. Experimenting on different players.
Exactly , if it was fair and not being tampered with then the results while not perfectly uniform will average out without any large swings either way across the player base. last month for 3 days I did horribly on 3SC , the worst was 44 on 100 fights

If instead of implementing the proposed Inno nerf to SCs, they instead created new buildings that would have the effect of reducing SCs' effectiveness and discouraging the bullying that presently goes on, it might be a more effective rebalancing.
E.g., if contiguous tile owners could construct Insurgents Camps that would replace Siege Camps, this would certainly encourage greater cooperativeness on the part of tile controllers. As a counter-measure, owners could construct Counterinsurgency Advisors Camps that would prevent neighbors from sending in Insurgents. This approach would reduce the number of Siege Camps that could be constructed if co-operation and restraint are not exercised.

Ebeondi Asi

GbG They* (the Forum moderators) have made a statement that at this time, they/ Inno not interested in any discussions about changing GbG. that the testing is continuing in Beta for the cutrrent ideas and no others will be looked at, accepted or entertained at this time. Period. Thy made it very clear that is the case.

GbG They* (the Forum moderators) have made a statement that at this time, they/ Inno not interested in any discussions about changing GbG. that the testing is continuing in Beta for the cutrrent ideas and no others will be looked at, accepted or entertained at this time. Period. Thy made it very clear that is the case.
So, what is your point? lol Is this a forum for general discussion or is it only for mods?

Pericles the Lion

There has been a lot of discussion in the Beta forum about testing the elimination of zero attrition in GBG. The Mod communicated that this testing would continue to the end of the year, at the least. I may have overlooked other commentary but do not recall reading anything that said INNO was "not looking at, accepting, or entertaining" any other recommendations. Of course, they haven't solicited suggestions either.

The Lady Redneck

I can see the sense of them not entertaining any new ideas or making any changes at present whilst the current testing is on going. That is just common sense. Then, if or when they decide to go live with those they will reassess GBG and decide whether further changes might be called for.

However I do believe they will eventually come to the same decision with GBG as they have already done with GvG and simply say they have done all they are doing and will make no further effort to sort what faults remain.

Ebeondi Asi

Not my problem. asked and answered. if you do not like the answer, I do not care. What i wrote was stated by the main top current moderator here. Otherwise? I am not interested in the topic beyond telling you what was written.
If you think writing endless ideas for Gbg is good? no problem. Please do. In fact I insist you spend hours and hours thinking up stuff for GbG. while I laugh at you because we should already know it is meaningless drivel at this point in time.
Maybe in a year or so.. but not now.