• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disallow the Ability to Build a Great Building beyond your Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser35351

First off I will be surprised if I get any yeah votes for this because frankly I doubt this suggestion is going to be at all popular. Heck I kind of like the exploit myself but when I look at it in the light of the Prime Directives put down by the Game Designers for proposals this one blatantly exploits a loophole that I feel ought to be stitched up.

Proposal

Still allow the acquisition of Great Building Blue Prints from any age but make one of the requirements of building the Great Building to be that the player must either be of the Age of that Great Building and/or perhaps the Age just before it.

Current System

By networking with other higher level players and/or one of your own accounts that is much higher level. You can farm for Blueprints for buildings way in advance of your current Age. Then via this same mechanism build said building regardless of what Age you are in. Applies to Iron Age and up only of course.

Abuse Prevention

This whole proposal is about current abuse prevention. Currently the system as it is allows for great abuse of building Great Buildings before their time making the game not just easier but extremely easier and greatly benefitting players who are either using multi-accounts or have created a mutual network. It also helps folks create Diamond Farming Cities whose only purpose is to greatly increase their Diamond production thus making the game easier and them richer which is a different matter and another current exploit that I am not sure how best to handle.

This proposal is designed to close the currently exploitable loop-hole that allows an Iron Age player to build The Kraken for instance. The concept here is both mechanical and esthetical. It is sort of like building an automobile before gasoline is invented for without the gasoline you would simply have a metal carriage that would still need to be pulled by actual horses thus making it less pratical than a lighter wooden one of that Age but for some reason the mere building of the automobile makes everything else you need to operate that automobile suddenly available. Okay so you have The Kraken do you have all the things you would need to maintain and operate that Kraken well if you are in the Iron Age I would highly doubt it.

Lastly it would stop the exploit that makes the game not just easier but extremely easier by letting players have access to certain great buildings far before they ought to have access to them without disallowing them to collect the Blueprints in preparation for building that Great Building once they advanced to a more appropriate age for building it.

I look forward to any constructive comments on this. Does anyone feel it ought be limited just to the Age of the Great Building or greater or is one Age prior sufficient restriction to significantly curtail this horribly abused exploit?

Agent327

This whole proposal is about current abuse prevention. Currently the system as it is allows for great abuse of building Great Buildings before their time making the game not just easier but extremely easier

Can you explain how this would be "great abuse" when Inno advices you to do so? Do you now know their game better than they do?

and greatly benefitting players who are either using multi-accounts or have created a mutual network.

Multi-accounts are not allowed, so how can it benefit those players? Networking actually is a subsatntial part of the game. That's why you have "friends"" .

It also helps folks create Diamond Farming Cities whose only purpose is to greatly increase their Diamond production thus making the game easier and them richer which is a different matter and another current exploit that I am not sure how best to handle.

Where is the rules does it state this is not allowed and what makes you think you should address it?

This proposal is designed to close the currently exploitable loop-hole that allows an Iron Age player to build The Kraken for instance.

That isn't a loop-hole. Loop-holes means you are getting past the rules. There is no rule at all that does not allow this.

Lastly it would stop the exploit that makes the game not just easier but extremely easier by letting players have access to certain great buildings far before they ought to have access to them without disallowing them to collect the Blueprints in preparation for building that Great Building once they advanced to a more appropriate age for building it.

How can that be an exploit when Inno advises you to do so?

I look forward to any constructive comments on this. Does anyone feel it ought be limited just to the Age of the Great Building or greater or is one Age prior sufficient restriction to significantly curtail this horribly abused exploit?

Horribly abused exploit?

You are really funny. I can even predict your reply. You are going to report me, cause I bully you.

I don't bully. I take out the garbage.

DeletedUser35351

Agent327 said:
Can you explain how this would be "great abuse" when Inno advices you to do so? Do you now know their game better than they do?
Interesting if you are going to make claims you should back them up with facts (aka URL links to the claims you are making)

Agent327 said:
Multi-accounts are not allowed, so how can it benefit those players? Networking actually is a subsatntial part of the game. That's why you have "friends"" .
And you seriously do not believe this is happening are you that extremely naive.

Agent327 said:
Where is the rules does it state this is not allowed and what makes you think you should address it?
I already stated those rules which I know full well you are aware of since you quoted them to me.

Agent327 said:
That isn't a loop-hole. Loop-holes means you are getting past the rules. There is no rule at all that does not allow this.
No loop-holes are also called creative work arounds that while they do not break the letter of the law they do break the spirit of the law. Take that claim you are making to an actual court of law and see just how fast you end up in jail.

Agent327 said:
How can that be an exploit when Inno advises you to do so?
Again you make a claim without any backed up evidence to the fact. If it is true great but I find that odd since their Prime Directives about proposals point things in the opposite direction. Still it is not the first I ran across a company that functioned in duplicity.

Agent327 said:
Horribly abused exploit?
Yes considering its extremely wide spread use, and the fact that it flies in the face of more than 1 prime directive seems to pretty much place it in that category

Agent327 said:
You are really funny. I can even predict your reply. You are going to report me, cause I bully you.

I don't bully. I take out the garbage.
Yes you are a belligerent bully and I you have not even tried to change your stripes still it is good to know you think you know how to take yourself out. Strangely though it seems you have missed the mark, which is not surprising. Folks like yourself are often broken that is why the talk so much trash to begin with.

Oh and yes continue with this belligerent and bullying and name calling type posting and I will report you yet again and I will point to this post to make it clear that you were warned that your belligerence, bullying, and name calling tactics are not acceptable.

P.S. Do not bother replying you have been Ignored here as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35351

No.

It takes time and effort to get those higher aged buildings, no need to penalize successful players to benefit the underachievers in their hoods.

Also, some GBs have much more value when built early. Doing this would make something like the Dynamic Tower far less useful as a whole.

Like I said I would be surprised if I get any yeahs -- but seriously yes it took the initial folks a good amount of time to successfully acquire the blueprints and build the buildings the normal (game designed) way but now that "normal" way can be circumvented via a backdoor exploit that perhaps the designers had not considered. Of course if they have put their stamp of approval on this exploit (which is yet to be proved) then so be it. However if they have, as I said, that seems extremely contradictory from there stance on future proposals since it breaks not 1 but at least 2 of their prime directives.

Still I am curious how does this penalize those that have already obtained the buildings ?? It would actually do the opposite, they would get to benefit from all their hard work and effort it took them to get them while others who are lazier than they were will have to work at getting to the point where they can use those buildings as well.

Yes I concur building certain GBs way before their appropriate Age makes them even more useful but this has a flip-side to it as well. It makes various early Age GBs worth less for that very same reason. So the outcome of this would be early Aged GBs might become worth more if you cannot obtain those later Age GBs until you are in a later Age. Is that horribly bad. Further it promotes/benefits the achievers rather than the underachievers which the current methodology helps (aka the current methodology actually makes it easier to be an underachiever and do fairly well if you know the right people that is).

wolfhoundtoo

Like I said I would be surprised if I get any yeahs -- but seriously yes it took the initial folks a good amount of time to successfully acquire the blueprints and build the buildings the normal (game designed) way but now that "normal" way can be circumvented via a backdoor exploit that perhaps the designers had not considered. Of course if they have put their stamp of approval on this exploit (which is yet to be proved) then so be it. However if they have, as I said, that seems extremely contradictory from there stance on future proposals since it breaks not 1 but at least 2 of their prime directives.

Still I am curious how does this penalize those that have already obtained the buildings ?? It would actually do the opposite, they would get to benefit from all their hard work and effort it took them to get them while others who are lazier than they were will have to work at getting to the point where they can use those buildings as well.

Yes I concur building certain GBs way before their appropriate Age makes them even more useful but this has a flip-side to it as well. It makes various early Age GBs worth less for that very same reason. So the outcome of this would be early Aged GBs might become worth more if you cannot obtain those later Age GBs until you are in a later Age. Is that horribly bad. Further it promotes/benefits the achievers rather than the underachievers which the current methodology helps (aka the current methodology actually makes it easier to be an underachiever and do fairly well if you know the right people that is).

And what of the great buildings that players have already? Just what are you advocating happens to those buildings?

Freshmeboy

So those players (like myself) that scrimped and saved and spent thousands of fps on goods and net loss sniping to get these upper age prints and put them into play will have an incredible advantage over newer players who CAN'T build these GBs....? Wow, that's harsh...Or should INNO take away my HMA Arc in a new world where few people have gone to the future...? Give it back to me after I reach the Future...? Where do you draw a line....? Who gets the shortest end of the stick....? I constantly rant to players about a long term approach to this game...to use the events to control Cmap and research rather than race through the ages and be at an enormous disadvantage...this would erase that strategy. Is that good for the game...?

DeletedUser33179

Kind of like shutting the barn door well after all the horses have fled.

A humongous number of players have already obtained GBs (typically several) above their current era - ranging from HS or SMB to arc or kraken. Far, far too late for such a proposal.

As for this being a "back door exploit that perhaps the designers had not considered"... From literally the very beginning of FoE, the game has freely allowed players to obtain any blueprints (via aiding, GB donation prizes, or diamonds) & any era goods (via trades within hoods & guilds, or diamonds) for all GBs. With each new release of additional eras over the years, the designers still allowed it (& do so to this day, with Virtual Future on the horizon). Logically, the game designers wouldn't have allowed several basic ways to get later era goods/blueprints unless they wanted to allow players to be able to get those later era GBs.

Jern2017

No.

Everyone can get any Great Building they want. It takes a lot of time, resources and friends/guildmates to do so. Well, some people also buy diamonds and get the goods and blueprints that way.

There are no other ways of building a Great Building, so it's not like some players are doing things others can't.

If you go through most neighborhoods, you'll see people at the bottom with few to no Great Buildings, buildings from several ages below their current one, improperly built special buildings (like peaces of the Indian Palace set scattered all over their city...).

Then, as you progress towards the top of the neighborhood, you'll see people with well organized cities, lots of Great Buildings with high levels and with some of them being from ages above theirs.
These players worked hard. Some of those who got their GBs by spending diamonds probably worked hard in real life, while most, who got their GBs through FP donations for blueprints and spent FPs to buy future age goods, worked very hard in the game (including me). They had to be patient, expand their in-game social network, plan carefully... Why would you want to punish such players?

It's mostly the underachievers who are bothered by such things. The game has been around for long time. Either be a part of the people who do this, or be a part of the people who, I suppose, get bored quickly, so they rush through the tech tree to experience new content. I'm sure your proposal will never be accepted for several reasons.

DeletedUser35351

And what of the great buildings that players have already? Just what are you advocating happens to those buildings?
I do not think I made any proposal to what has gone before. My proposal was just to stop the abuse going forward. If Inno games feels something needs to be done about the other that is totally up to them. As I stated -- I like the exploit myself -- it just frankly is contradictory to the game designs spirit of what should be based on their comments about what is not okay as a proposal.

BruteForceAttack

First off I will be surprised if I get any yeah votes for this because frankly I doubt this suggestion is going to be at all popular. Heck I kind of like the exploit myself but when I look at it in the light of the Prime Directives put down by the Game Designers for proposals this one blatantly exploits a loophole that I feel ought to be stitched up.

Proposal

Still allow the acquisition of Great Building Blue Prints from any age but make one of the requirements of building the Great Building to be that the player must either be of the Age of that Great Building and/or perhaps the Age just before it.

Current System

By networking with other higher level players and/or one of your own accounts that is much higher level. You can farm for Blueprints for buildings way in advance of your current Age. Then via this same mechanism build said building regardless of what Age you are in. Applies to Iron Age and up only of course.

Abuse Prevention

This whole proposal is about current abuse prevention. Currently the system as it is allows for great abuse of building Great Buildings before their time making the game not just easier but extremely easier and greatly benefitting players who are either using multi-accounts or have created a mutual network. It also helps folks create Diamond Farming Cities whose only purpose is to greatly increase their Diamond production thus making the game easier and them richer which is a different matter and another current exploit that I am not sure how best to handle.

This proposal is designed to close the currently exploitable loop-hole that allows an Iron Age player to build The Kraken for instance. The concept here is both mechanical and esthetical. It is sort of like building an automobile before gasoline is invented for without the gasoline you would simply have a metal carriage that would still need to be pulled by actual horses thus making it less pratical than a lighter wooden one of that Age but for some reason the mere building of the automobile makes everything else you need to operate that automobile suddenly available. Okay so you have The Kraken do you have all the things you would need to maintain and operate that Kraken well if you are in the Iron Age I would highly doubt it.

Even for a second lets say Inno does this, how is it going to change anything much. Most players already have gbs beyond their age, it will only cripple the new users who will get frustrated that they cannot have something that everyone one else has. So net-net new users will not continue to play the game and inno will not make money. So why would Inno do this? Think about it.

DeletedUser35351

So those players (like myself) that scrimped and saved and spent thousands of fps on goods and net loss sniping to get these upper age prints and put them into play will have an incredible advantage over newer players who CAN'T build these GBs....? Wow, that's harsh...Or should INNO take away my HMA Arc in a new world where few people have gone to the future...? Give it back to me after I reach the Future...? Where do you draw a line....? Who gets the shortest end of the stick....? I constantly rant to players about a long term approach to this game...to use the events to control Cmap and research rather than race through the ages and be at an enormous disadvantage...this would erase that strategy. Is that good for the game...?
Again this lies outside the realm of my proposal -- my proposal is very simple and straight forward -- stop the abuse nothing more than that. Eventually the folks with these abuses will presumably move into an Age that is okay for that building but again what Inno games decides to do with what is would be totally up to them.

I do find it very interesting that the questions I am getting are not about the proposal but potential reprisals by Inno games about having utilized this exploit. If it makes it any better since it is currently allowed I to have implemented the exploit -- now if Inno games decides that is unfair and wishes to put that building into storage until I am actually "allowed" to have it so be it -- as I do recognize that its an exploit (as most others seem to as well) and against the spirit of the guidelines for the game but if its going to be allowed on a fairly wide basis I see no reason not to pursue until the game designers choose to say no. Because frankly maybe they will not say no -- as I stated earlier I have known companies to practice various levels of duplicity.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

Again this lies outside the realm of my proposal -- my proposal is very simple and straight forward -- stop the abuse nothing more than that. Eventually the folks with these abuses will presumably move into an Age that is okay for that building but again what Inno games decides to do with what is would be totally up to them.

I do find it very interesting that the questions I am getting are not about the proposal but potential reprisals by Inno games about having utilized this exploit. If it makes it any better since it is currently allowed I to have implemented the exploit -- now if Inno games decides that is unfair and wishes to put that building into storage until I am actually "allowed" to have it so be it -- as I do recognize that its an exploit (as most others seem to as well) and against the spirit of the guidelines for the game but if its going to be allowed on a fairly wide basis I see no reason not to pursue until the game designers choose to say no. Because frankly maybe they will not say no -- as I stated earlier I known companies to practice various levels of duplicity.

Even for sec lets say they take all the gbs away beyond their age, lot of ppl have 80 level arcs and used the arc to level all the other gbs. They will still hold advantage over any new player. E.g I have a 106 level zeus. Do you think I could have leveled my zeus to that high without arc. How is anyone new going to compete with me?

DeletedUser26965

I'm confused as to why you think this is an exploit and abuse. A game exploit is typically defined as some aspect of a game that was not intended to be part of the game, this generally comes in the form of a bug but not always. An example would be that there has been a few times a bug has occurred where you could start/stop goods productions and the coins/supplies you would get back in the process would go towards completing Recurring Quests, so it would be an exploit to play such a way. Sometimes though as games develop things happen which gamemakers could not have predicted, this is different from nerfing or readjusting the game after years of development, rather generally speaking someone finds a way to "exploit" some aspect that though relatedly intended "breaks" the game to some degree in that it goes against what the gamemakers want of their game.

So I can't see how any of that applies here. I suppose you could make the argument for restructuring since a lot has changed in the game since GB's were first introduced but that wouldn't be the same as fixing an exploit or stopping abuse.

DeletedUser35351

Kind of like shutting the barn door well after all the horses have fled.
Still better late than never and definitely not a reason to stop the dam from flooding the town yet again.
As for this being a "back door exploit that perhaps the designers had not considered"... From literally the very beginning of FoE, the game has freely allowed players to obtain any blueprints (via aiding, GB donation prizes, or diamonds) & any era goods (via trades within hoods & guilds, or diamonds) for all GBs. With each new release of additional eras over the years, the designers still allowed it (& do so to this day, with Virtual Future on the horizon). Logically, the game designers wouldn't have allowed several basic ways to get later era goods/blueprints unless they wanted to allow players to be able to get those later era GBs.
Now again the proposal was brought about the guidelines for proposals and what would be considered acceptable and what would not be acceptable.

Tell me the truth would find what is going if it currently was not allowed -- to be an acceptable proposal or would the glaring obvious fact that it breaks numerous proposal no-nos cause you to say no. The defense so far has been -- I like it and its already here -- no on has said -- no it does not break the spirit of any of the games guidelines on what is good and not good for the game. (aka proposal no-nos)

BruteForceAttack

Still better late than never and definitely not a reason to stop the dam from flooding the town yet again.

Now again the proposal was brought about the guidelines for proposals and what would be considered acceptable and what would not be acceptable.

Tell me the truth would find what is going if it currently was not allowed -- to be an acceptable proposal or would the glaring obvious fact that it breaks numerous proposal no-nos cause you to say no. The defense so far has been -- I like it and its already here -- no on has said -- no it does not break the spirit of any of the games guidelines on what is good and not good for the game. (aka proposal no-nos)

One of the source of income of inno is probably folks buying bps and goods for gbs, still don't understand why would inno kill it. Inno also gives out prizes beyond your age e.g. astronaut statue was given away for an event. Game allows you to acquire higher age army/goods thru quests

DeletedUser33179

The game was purposefully designed to allow several ways to obtain GBs beyond a player's current level. Always has been. There's no "exploit" here. As several have already said, some players are more experienced than others on using this particular game methodology.

I've no idea why you keep referring to this game forum's Do Not Suggest List for Proposals as a "prime directive" outline of what Inno intends the "spirit" of the game to be. It's no such thing.

As clearly stated at the beginning of the Do Not Suggest thread:
This is a list of proposals that are not to be suggested. This can be either because they have been suggested and declined in the past, have been ruled out by the developers, or they are already being worked on and it's best to see how they're delivered before giving any further ideas. Please also use the search feature before proposing anything, make sure what you are proposing is something new and hasn't been suggested before.

Freshmeboy

You keep mentioning 'abuse' in the form of gaining GBs before you have reached the appropriate age...that is NOT abuse, it's game strategy. INNO makes a BUNDLE on new worlds as players race to gain upper era GBs and buy BPs and goods so why would they want to shoot themselves in the foot...? It does them no good to have an emerging new generation of players bound by different rules who will quickly quit when they realize they are massively outgunned and poorly prepared for upper ages just to reach levels for the better GBs. How many vets would start on established worlds under the new rules..? Frankly, your proposal, if implemented, would probably be the death-knell for FoE..why try to ring that bell...?

DeletedUser4441

Actually for any current GB in the game this would never happen. It would create a class of "FoE Gods" who are low level players who already have the GB's, no one on par with them tech wise would have a chance to compete.
I would not have minded seeing them put a tech age lock on GB's going forth. For example the upcoming Terracotta Army has a "must be VF Age to build" requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.