• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disallow the Ability to Build a Great Building beyond your Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34800

Didn't you read what I quoted? Pretty sure you could see it. Or can it not be seen if the quote is from someone being ignored? I don't know.

Either way, it's information that debates your proposal, civilly.

Quote from the original lead game designer WITH the link to the actual quote on the forums. It supports GBs being acquired in earlier ages.

Actual responses from in game mods about this subject matter. It supports GBs being acquired in earlier ages.

Video of Designers speaking about and showing off their own diamond farms. It supports diamond farms.

Long troll filled thread aside, this matter has been answered officially and there really isn't anymore point in arguing here.

Acquiring and using GBs before your age has been approved by the game designers themselves, and its even considered part if the games challenge to do so. It also rakes in a bunch of cash for Inno from people who pay to take the faster route in acquiring them vs farming for the BPs and goods via FP trades etc. So, that won't be changing, ever.

Inno wants to make money, first and foremost.

As for diamond farms, Inno doesn't care and even showed how to do it. Even said that what the player spends those acquired diamonds on from said farms, is up to the player.

So, again, this matter is over.

DeletedUser3882

this matter is over.

And of course, *should* have been on page *TWO* (yet again on 3, big ah, ah, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *done* on 5, nonsensical gibberish throughout 7-9, and done again on 10... WHEW!)

(edited to remove those that shall remain nameless ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

Or can it not be seen if the quote is from someone being ignored?

I've actually wondered that myself. But, you could quote and just remove the identifying stuff of the person you are quoting while you are editing it... the stuff inside the [QUOTE/] part at the beginning. Then it should be very visible. I doubt anyone would take issue with you for doing so, given that the original poster has put the person you'd be quoting on ignore. It's really the only way to convey that knowledge at this point, unless that ignore bit gets reversed.

DeletedUser3882

Disregard and continue. ..

Just asking a question, ummmmmm, for a friend, yeah...

Is that like one of those “With all due respect” type statements, where you can say whatever you want to and it’s okay, because you said “with all due respect...” beforehand?

So we can continue spouting nonsensical gibberish and contradicting ourselves? :)

Joking of course, but seriously, I kid. Really though...

Lancer

Just asking a question, ummmmmm, for a friend, yeah...

Is that like one of those “With all due respect” type statements, where you can say whatever you want to and it’s okay, because you said “with all due respect...” beforehand?

So we can continue spouting nonsensical gibberish and contradicting ourselves? :)

Joking of course, but seriously, I kid. Really though...

It's much easier to be notified with activity in a thread after you've posted a reply in it , so my main reason for my post was to put my initial post on this thread so I can now much more easily follow it.;):)

Lancer

Didn't I say disregard!? No, thread topic is not my concern, but members becoming a little closer to having arguments that become derogatory. That is what I actually meant by "potential problem threads", or atleast that is the meaning of it this time anyways.

DeletedUser30900

:0 so the best way to close nonsense thread is cursing at each other

DeletedUser26965

Didn't I say disregard!? No, thread topic is not my concern, but members becoming a little closer to having arguments that become derogatory. That is what I actually meant by "potential problem threads", or atleast that is the meaning of it this time anyways.

Okay, this is how it is, respectfully speaking. The OP has made a claim that "game designers" have what he calls "Prime Directives". He basis his main claim that because players can build Great Buildings from ages above theirs they are violating these "Prime Directives" therefore it's exploiting an aspect of the game and should be done away with. He further added Diamond Farms to the mix as well also being against the "Prime Directives" therefore also an exploit.

Now, as the thread unfolded he posted the text of these so called Prime Directives. I found that what these actually were was simply what the forum moderator wrote on the Do Not Suggest List for Proposals on the EN server. These were not what game designers put forth as a primary philosophy to their game design as the OP claimed, and continually claimed as "proof" he is right. As a matter of fact I later showed him what the actual former lead game designer who started Great Buildings in FoE said;

...can you build a great building of an age you haven't yet reached?
5. Yes, but it's going to be difficult as Great Buildings require a lot of goods from their age to build.

Regards,

Anwar, Nov 22, 2012
(former Lead Game Designer)
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/great-building.1253/page-3#post-5931

At that point he accused me of manipulating this somehow, put me on ignore and reported me to forum mods. Then, Ozyman Tremble Weaklings posted his response he got from an Ingame Mod stating there of course is nothing wrong with building GB's from ages ahead of yours and nothing wrong with Diamond Farming.

dfgdg.gif

Finally, I decided to go look back at who he was originally claiming put forth the so called Prime Directives that he's using as "proof" he is right and everyone else is wrong. And what do I find? The mod has multiple diamond farms and even made a video showing you how to do it with his farms in the video.

the forum moderator, OVERTYPE, he's quoting the "Prime Directive" from was happy to make a video showing off his WW's farms, and yes those are his farms in the video;

@6:16

At this point there is absolutely no "proof" of his main supporting point and 3 direct posts actually disproving his "proof". Throughout it all he had become increasingly hostile, ignoring people, insulting people and deny, deny, deny, everything that goes directly against his own claims. You can see that originally I started out respectful, but as he ratcheted up the insults so did I but I also added actual support against his positions.

That is how threads become potential problem threads, when they start with bogus claims and the OP continually becomes more desperate to defend those claims via other tactics by calling everyone a troll and other insulting rhetoric, ignoring truth and reporting those who do post the truth, rather than humbling themselves with the truth and reformulating their position based on that truth they simply dig in, double down and make it all worse for themselves and everybody else.

This thread Expert's Chests is also another very similar example of a potential problem thread made realized. Claims were made, not by the OP but later in the comments by someone else, about DC that I showed with actual proof were absolutely contrary to those claims just like here, yet despite this he continued with the same type tactics as this thread, deny, accuse, ramp up rhetoric etc. Because that's simply what some people do as a defense mechanism when they are shown to be wrong, it takes courage to simply admit your beliefs are wrong and move past that with genuine conversation. Humiliation and shame can be major motivating factors to drive people to do things they wouldn't normally do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lancer

I haven't even really read this thread to be quite honest, I was just informed by a senior mod to keep an eye on this thread but never mentioned any names. In any case, I appreciate your breakdown of the type of discussion that was had and your other input as well. None of my posts on this thread had been directed to any one person or persons. Like I said I haven't even read any of it except for like the last few posts before I had posted. However, I do appreciate your reply to me, @sloppyjoeslayer

DeletedUser26965

I haven't even really read this thread to be quite honest, I was just informed by a senior mod to keep an eye on this thread but never mentioned any names. In any case, I appreciate your breakdown of the type of discussion that was had and your other input as well. None of my posts on this thread had been directed to any one person or persons. Like I said I haven't even read any of it except for like the last few posts before I had posted. However, I do appreciate your reply to me, @sloppyjoeslayer
No problem and I wan't pointing anything at you either, he said in here somewhere he reported a bunch of people and mentioned me specifically so it's really an extension of that because now that he's called upon mods to try to come to his defense it ought to be explained what happened so I felt compelled since I was one of those reported, that in itself is abuse if you ask me, crying foul after you have stirred up the hornet's nest to get people blocked or whatever is abuse. You know I don't have a problem if y'all remove/altered/delete posts of mine, as long as it's fair given the context anyway, that is if you're going to remove/altered/delete mine I hope for consistency to theirs being removed/altered/deleted as well. I know your jobs are rough enough without us continually making it more difficult. For me personally it's difficult to try to continue being respectful in the face of disrespect so I resort to slinging my own arrows as well sometimes.

Agent327

You forgot one thing. He is using the EN "Prime Directive" cause that is closer to the source of the game. The US forum and server are nothing but poor mirrors of the real game. Strangely enough, he does all his discussing here and not on the EN forum. You would think the "Prime Directive" would require that. Actually there is a German Forum and server. Shouldn't that be the place for the "Prime Directive"?

Anyhow, with almost everybody on ignore and reported by this time this thread most likely will slowly die. Still, I take full credit for being put on ignore first. :D

DeletedUser7406

If you can convince other players to trade the Goods with you, then all the power to you.
I know players in Iron age with a Terracotta Armies GB.

I understand your concern, but that is part of the game.
It is not an exploit, but good management.
AND it costs many Goods and FP to trade for upper level goods to construct your GB.
It is not a free ride by any means.
What I suggest is for player to do all they can to join the fun and not try to deny others the correct strategy. to be all they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.