• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disappearing Neighbors: What Happened to Them?

Aethelcatt VIII

Have you ever noticed some of your neighbors disappearing in the middle of the night, never to be seen again? I mean, like a player who had a very profitable GB project you were thinking about investing in, or one whom you had attacked before for a quest and wanted to go back later and aid, only to find out that they had vanished without a trace? I have seen it happen mostly with players near the top or the bottom of the neighborhood ranking, but it probably happens across the entire social spectrum. I thought maybe some of the more destitute ones at the bottom of the society had committed suicide--I mean, deleted their accounts--after a night of heavy drinking, but it is hard to imagine that happening to the very affluent neighbors who live in very fancy cities. And I'm pretty sure they don't move neighbors around between neighborhood reshuffles.

So, could it be that...those neighbors were taken away by the secret police under the cover of darkness and thrown into an undocumented prison--or even executed before dawn? :eek:

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

I don't know where you live, but in the US it happens on Monday morning.

Look for the "New Contacts" pop up no matter where you live. All the switching happens between Monday at 8am (I think) and Tuesday at 8 am depending on where you live. This can be a good thing for some people when you get a bad neighbour or two.

Agent327

Look for the "New Contacts" pop up no matter where you live. All the switching happens between Monday at 8am (I think) and Tuesday at 8 am depending on where you live. This can be a good thing for some people when you get a bad neighbour or two.

Switching does not happen when the pop-up appears. Switching happens on a fixed server time on Monday morning every two weeks. Pop-up appears much later most of the time.

The Lady Redneck

Are you sure they have actually vanished. I found lately I had some on my FL appeared to have gone, and also new names appeared I had never seen before. BUT. it is now a little over 6 months since the game allowed us to change our name once every 6 months. I know a couple of friends who have changed their names. So I should think that more have done so.

P C C

On rare occasions, it may because a player asked for their city or account to be deleted

Agent327

Are you sure they have actually vanished. I found lately I had some on my FL appeared to have gone, and also new names appeared I had never seen before. BUT. it is now a little over 6 months since the game allowed us to change our name once every 6 months. I know a couple of friends who have changed their names. So I should think that more have done so.

He is trying to be funny.

Players that are inactive for a certain period are removed from the hood. If they become active again before the hood changes, they will become part of the hood again. If they remain inactive, they will go to a hood with inactive players.

Since players now can change their name once every 6 months, names on your friendlist can change.

Aethelcatt VIII

You do know that you switch neighborhoods every 2nd Tuesday right ?
I'm talking about people disappearing from the neighborhood between neighborhood reshuffles. I regularly browse the top end of the neighborhood to look for opportunities for GB BPs, and before I started playing PvP I used to roam around the bottom end looking for someone to attack for a quest, so I get fairly familiar with the top and bottom players in the neighborhood. When one of them suddenly disappears, it is quite noticeable. Like this morning, the former 2nd-ranking player in my neighborhood was nowhere to be found--and clearly neighborhood reshuffle/switch is not a factor here.

Last edited:

Aethelcatt VIII

I did notice that on the FL, but I'm talking about the neighbor list. Usually you see the same players at the top (or bottom) of neighborhood ranking day after day, although sometimes the order changes; then occasionally one of them would simply disappear completely from the neighborhood--not a name change, nor a new avatar, because those would not be hard to figure out if you look through the neighbor list as often as I do.

Aethelcatt VIII

On rare occasions, it may because a player asked for their city or account to be deleted
I can see that happen near the bottom end of neighborhood ranking, but definitely not at the top end--you know, the part of the neighborhood inhabited by players with tens of millions of points under their belt. Same thing about the possibility of automatic elimination of inactive players. The player who disappeared from my neighborhood this morning ranked pretty high last week in the combat tournament--definitely not inactive.

So, I can only guess that they do move people around between neighborhood reshuffles.

Emberguard

Um...you missed all the stuff I wrote before that sentence. :p
My bad. Let me re-read that.

The player who disappeared from my neighborhood this morning ranked pretty high last week in the combat tournament--definitely not inactive.
If you believe they were active and somehow moved out of your neighbourhood, please put in a support ticket and my former colleagues will look into it

Aethelcatt VIII

If you believe they were active and somehow moved out of your neighbourhood, please put in a support ticket and my former colleagues will look into it
You worked with Inno Games before? No wonder you know this stuff so well.

It's not really an issue that needs tech support's attention, though. I was just wondering in an idle moment whether people do get re-settled in a different neighborhood between re-shuffles.

Emberguard

You worked with Inno Games before?
Yes. Contract ended earlier this year

It's not really an issue that needs tech support's attention, though. I was just wondering in an idle moment whether people do get re-settled in a different neighborhood between re-shuffles.
I was thinking along the lines of checking if it’s working within expected parameters or if there’s a bug. I suspect it’s working as intended based on the info given

Last edited:

Aethelcatt VIII

Yes. Contract ended earlier this year

I was thinking along the lines of checking if it’s working within expected parameters or if there’s a bug. I suspect it’s working as intended based on the info given
Nice! It's good to have someone in the forum who knows the inner works of the game.

Yeah, I doubt it would be a bug. If it were, the people involved would have been making noises about it for a long time now.