• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disconnecting Great Buildings

Victoria and Albert

I've read in a few different places in this forum about players who disconnect their GBs from their town halls by removing the roads leading to them. Could someone explain what advantages this would give? I assume it can be used if a building is ready to be leveled and the owner wants to delay the collection for a double dip. Does the production still run on the Great Building if it is disconnected?
Thanks!

DeletedUser

Another use I've heard of is that if you have specific players that are combining to donate to a GB, you can arrange a set time for them to donate, and keep it disconnected at other times to prevent sniping. However, if the production clock doesn't run when they're disconnected, this could be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

DeletedUser13838

It could make sense for some GBs like zeus or coa (only connect when fighting), ToR (only connect when in GE), CF (only connect when questing), etc.

DeletedUser19033

OK, but what's the point of disconnecting a GB, as I'm assuming that it won't continue to generate it's bonus while disconnected. I don't see the point even for a Zeus or ToR?

DeletedUser

OK, but what's the point of disconnecting a GB, as I'm assuming that it won't continue to generate it's bonus while disconnected. I don't see the point even for a Zeus or ToR?
Might be to prevent someone from sniping a friend or guildmate. You can't contribute FP to disconnected GBs. The Zeus, and ToR don't provide tangible bonuses, so their usefulness wouldn't be affected by disconnecting when not being actively used. CoA only provides coins other than its attack boost, so it is another candidate for disconnecting when not in use, same for the Chateau Frontenac.

DeletedUser26965

Some people try to control who they want to donate to their GB's so sometimes you have to disconnect it to prevent others from adding forge points to it so your buddy can instead, sometimes you're buddy is not ready or on at the moment. And ignore comments about "sniping", there's no such thing.

DeletedUser

And ignore comments about "sniping", there's no such thing.

youre-killin-me-smalls-1.jpg

Raelius

I disconnected my Arc the other day to deter 'outbidders' (snipers) from outside my guild so that we can peacefully grow our arc farms within our guild so as to have an arc or OB in every age up to the highest aged player in the guild.
Here's the thing: At first I couldn't access the Arc by clicking on it (on a PC) but after a few days I was able to and I noticed that I was able to collect my daily from it while it was disconnected from a road yet no one could donate to it while it was disconnected!

I don't know if this was a bug or is a design that I somehow managed to activate but my arc is disconnected and still producing goods for the Guild every day and people can only donate when I say so by opening a road up to it and then taking it away afterwards! I love it.

Agent327

Did you really have to dig up a 3 year old thread?

Nobody can donate to a GB that is disconnected. If your Arc is disconnected, it's bonus also does not work.

BruteForceAttack

I disconnected my Arc the other day to deter 'outbidders' (snipers) from outside my guild so that we can peacefully grow our arc farms within our guild so as to have an arc or OB in every age up to the highest aged player in the guild.
Here's the thing: At first I couldn't access the Arc by clicking on it (on a PC) but after a few days I was able to and I noticed that I was able to collect my daily from it while it was disconnected from a road yet no one could donate to it while it was disconnected!

I don't know if this was a bug or is a design that I somehow managed to activate but my arc is disconnected and still producing goods for the Guild every day and people can only donate when I say so by opening a road up to it and then taking it away afterwards! I love it.

Do you donate to other gbs for reward spots? if yes, then dont disconnect arc, if you do you will not get arc rewards. Which means you get less fps/medals/bps from taking a spot, and if you happen to donate 1.x then you will end up losing fps.

Raelius

I don't think you all got the "gist" of my post, My Arc does NOT have a road leading to it (people can't donate to it) BUT when I hover the mouse over the building, the counter is counting down and just today I collected from it WHILE IT WAS DISCONNECTED from the road!

Raelius

Does anyone else have this glitch or bug with their Arcs (or any GB for that matter) I've only noticed it with my arc since it's the only building that I have disconnected like that and from what I've heard, this is NOT supposed to happen! Once a GB is disconnected from a road, it shouldn't keep counting down the 24hr clock and payoff...
At first, it didn't and then yesterday I hovered the mouse over the building and I noticed that the clock was ticking down... Then today, it brought up the little box of goods and I clicked on it and it paid out the goods to the Guild... That's when I came here looking for a thread about GB being disconnected.

My Arc can be disconnected from the Town Hall yet it still pays out! Anyone else want to see if this is happening in their neck of the woods? That would be better than for you all to chastise me, after all this is a forum not a ridicule box about what is true in which you claim it isn't!

Vger

My Arc can be disconnected from the Town Hall yet it still pays out! Anyone else want to see if this is happening in their neck of the woods? That would be better than for you all to chastise me, after all this is a forum not a ridicule box about what is true in which you claim it isn't!

Once disconnected, the Arc should show the no road symbol, and hover should tell you it needs to be connected.
Do you have a screenshot showing the no road icon and the running clock?

1601859832238.png

Magnigoth

So I am attempting to test in my neck of the woods to "disconnect?" My Oracle of Delphi. I noticed that you said something about a few days is that how long it takes I wonder before the clocks starts "Ticking" again and when you might be able to collect goods and pay outs from the building?

Magnigoth

I don't really care about sniping or leveling but I find what you are describing quite interesting. Also if the test pans out for everyone that would also mean those who do care about "sniping" or any other similar activity this would be a way to keep them satisfied. Right?

Magnigoth

On another note. (I am new BTW) still haven't unlocked Military Tactics. I read that being attacked and then plundered is a potential challenge of the game. Would disconnecting the building assist in anyway against being attacked and/or plundered?

Magnigoth

I've read in a few different places in this forum about players who disconnect their GBs from their town halls by removing the roads leading to them. Could someone explain what advantages this would give? I assume it can be used if a building is ready to be leveled and the owner wants to delay the collection for a double dip. Does the production still run on the Great Building if it is disconnected?
Thanks!
How does delaying Collection create a double dip?
Did you really have to dig up a 3 year old thread?

Nobody can donate to a GB that is disconnected. If your Arc is disconnected, it's bonus also does not work.
Hey Forum Moderator Agent327. Does the 3 year old thread cover what Raelius, is talking about. or is he onto a related, but new issue?