• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discussion: How important is aiding in FOE today?

planetofthehumans2

Back a few years ago, SOK cities were all the rage and you couldn't get enough friends to aid all of those little buildings. Now with more event buildings that do not need aiding or are more efficient to take the place of sok and with the self aiding kits, is aiding still as important as it once was for late game players?

I don't like aiding, takes too much time in a game where you have a million other things to do. I keep my friends list near zero to not burden myself with more people who want aids and I've removed a number of buildings that need aiding. People who do ask to be friends, I tell them straight up I'm not going to aid them and most people I've talked to say the same thing that they are too busy to deal with the aiding. I might change my tune if there was an "aid all" button where the aiding actually did only take one second, but we've been asking for 10 years with no results. A lot of guilds have aiding requirements, but perhaps this is on its way out as less players in general are aiding?

Tytan the Great

Aiding is till important because lots of recent event building require aid to trigger their bonus, I.e. governors villa, house of wolf, etc. I do wish for an aid all button though as it is a very tedious job. I guess you can’t have everything you wish for.

Tony 85 the Generous

I agree with most of the comments (except for the OP, sorry dude). I just wish aiding on PC was as fast as on mobile. I can do all of my guild and friends list in about 3 minutes on mobile and closer to 10 on the pc.

Mustapha00

For me, Aiding is one of the few positive interactions with other players that FoE offers. It's sort of like "buffing" in MMORPGs.

I do agree that it seems not to be as important as it perhaps once was. I find that I'm lucky if 2/3 of the players on my Friends List Aid me at least once a week. I don't know if that's due to a decision by the player not to or whether or not the player is even still active. But I also have a great deal of trouble adding new Friends- none of my rosters are anywhere near full now, though they were some time ago.

Algona

Is Aiding important?

Good question.

Every time I get bored of Aiding (pretty much every time I do an Aid run) I do two things:

Watch the popups telling what I Aid.

Check through the city to see what I need Aided on a daily basis that I deem irreplaceable.

I keep Aiding. it's worth the five minutes.

Beorn Bear

Aiding is so 2016. It used to be important, back when regular Build Menu buildings were the main source of coins/supplies and Happiness, and many cities had fields of SoKs. Now most (not all) resources come from sources for which aiding is irrelevant. It's nice to have a fully upgraded Tavern, but mainly because there are DCs and Event quests that require you to use x number of boosts or spend/collect x amount of Tavern silver. In the normal play of the game, most Tavern boosts are pretty much worthless. About the only exception to that might be the construction time boost, which can come in handy when ageing up. But even then, it is only really useful if you still rely heavily on Build Menu buildings. Otherwise, even its usefulness is negligible.

Algona

How can I easily track who is aiding me regularly and who I need to dump?

Wait for a day so all your Aids can be done. Aid from Town Hall. Then go to your Social Bar and anyone showing as needing Aid hasn;t Aided you in the lst 5 days on PC. Not sure how long on Mobile.

dergerch

Aid from Town Hall.

Quick tip that helped me a lot: on the top left of the event history overlay, there's a menu button where filter options can be enabled.
Once enabled, the event history can be filtered by different categories, in this case "social interactions" to get a list of only the relevant events for cleaning up the friends list.

P C C

In the normal play of the game, most Tavern boosts are pretty much worthless. About the only exception to that might be the construction time boost, which can come in handy when ageing up.
Considering the cost in AD auctions of anything providing attack bonus and the fact they then take up space in a city, the Tavern attack bonus boosts must be of use to many players. I use either the 8 hour or 24 hour for most of my GBG fights.

Beorn Bear

Considering the cost in AD auctions of anything providing attack bonus and the fact they then take up space in a city, the Tavern attack bonus boosts must be of use to many players. I use either the 8 hour or 24 hour for most of my GBG fights.
You must be in an early age without a Traz or much in the way of att/def boosts from GBs/event buildings. Once you have a Traz and decent att/def boosts from buildings for your attacking army, another 30% will make little, if any, difference.

P C C

You must be in an early age without a Traz or much in the way of att/def boosts from GBs/event buildings. Once you have a Traz and decent att/def boosts from buildings for your attacking army, another 30% will make little, if any, difference.
I'm at 481/414 in Modern, Traz at 54. I agree that the effect of the boost isn't massive, but I look at the cities of the top players in my friend list in the late ages and see lots of Marble Gateways, Rotundas, Carousels, etc none of them giving over 10% and also using space. Compared to that, 30% and no space used has to be of value. Someone could take out 3 or 4 buildings, replace them with the Tavern boost, and use the space for something else.